Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 764 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Boz
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Big Thief is barely even lucky to be in AOTY. And if we were going with a critically acclaimed album, it seems Ants From Up There or Motomamu rather than Big Thief, especially since Rosalia has a BNA nomination.

Top 15 Albums of 2022 to understand my music taste lol slay

Ants From Up There
    Bronco
    CAPRISONGS
    Dawn FM
    Diaspora Problems
    Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe in You
    Harry's House
    Hellfire
    Ivory
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    MOTOMAMI
    Melt My Eyez See My Future
    Once Twice Melody
    Preacher's Daughter
    RENAISSANCE

Everything Everywhere All At Once for Best Picture
    Severance for Outstanding Drama Series

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Girl stop being delusional. Arcade Fire’s AOTY winning album was a #1 smash when it debuted… Big Thief’s peaked at #31.

Profile picture
    strangemercy
    Topics:

I don’t see it happening, but it would be awesome. I hope you’re correct! 🤣

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

I guess I don’t pay enough attention to charts to realize what’s actually mainstream and what’s only popular in my world. I thought Big Thief are an extremely famous band but I guess not.

But Big Thief are certainly more famous and popular than Black Country, New Road. And there could be room for both Rosalia and Big Thief. I also could see Rosalia being snubbed if there are too many pop/pop-adjacent albums, or because it is not English language.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I guess I don’t pay enough attention to charts to realize what’s actually mainstream and what’s only popular in my world. I thought Big Thief are an extremely famous band but I guess not. But Big Thief are certainly more famous and popular than Black Country, New Road. And there could be room for both Rosalia and Big Thief. I also could see Rosalia being snubbed if there are too many pop/pop-adjacent albums, or because it is not English language.

I enjoy all those albums. However, just say you think the best album of the year Big Thief, and that’s where you bias is lol. 

Anyways since we are on the topic of Big Thief, Simulation Swarm needs to win Best Alternative Performance 

Ants From Up There
    Bronco
    CAPRISONGS
    Dawn FM
    Diaspora Problems
    Harry's House
    Hellfire
    Ivory
    MOTOMAMI
    Once Twice Melody
    Preacher's Daughter
    RENAISSANCE

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Why are we still talking about AOTY when 30 literally has this in the bag this time around. Sure this isn’t Adele’s most commercially successful album of her career, but it still has commercial appeal.

Reasons:

Easy On Me literally went #1 for ten weeks in a row; one of the biggest songs of the eligibility window.

-Kendrick’s album lack support with any longevity like DAMN. or the amount of critical acclaim with TPAB. Additionally, Kendrick has never won a GF award, so for him winning AOTY with a Kodak Black feature would be interesting to say the least.

-Beyonce might not measure up this time around. People are not gravitating towards Break My Soul like they did with Formation, but we still have to see with the release of her new album.

-Silk Sonic can win, but they would literally be up against Beyonce and split votes. Additionally, An Evening with Silk Sonic was not that commercial to begin with. They were already awarded.

-Lizzo and Harry could upset, but Grammy voters will not choose them over Adele, lets be real. 

-Adele’s appeal on this album is far reaching.

-SOTY is locked because this song is literally dedicated to Adele’s son to forgive her for the mistakes she’s made with her ex-husband throughout their relationship. This song (as a child of divorce parents) is more endearing then Hello or Rolling in the Deep.

Stop with the nonsense. Unless Beyonce REALLY comes back, 30 is winning babes.

Ants From Up There
    Bronco
    CAPRISONGS
    Dawn FM
    Diaspora Problems
    Harry's House
    Hellfire
    Ivory
    MOTOMAMI
    Once Twice Melody
    Preacher's Daughter
    RENAISSANCE

Profile picture
    borisy
    Topics:

EOM ain’t losing a single nomination it gets

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Taylor Swift’s tired ass did NOT need a third Album of the Year (or a second; shit, even a first).  Since that broad has three, Adele should have three Album of the Year wins too.

Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

I would say as for now Adele is locked for ROTY and SOTY win. AOTY is more opened race.

Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

Honey, Taylor Swift’s tired ass did NOT need a third Album of the Year (or a second; shit, even a first). Since that broad has three, Adele should have three Album of the Year wins too.

If we’re talking coulda woulda shoulda then Kanye West should have at least two AOTY trophies, Kendrick Lamar should have two, Beyonce should have one, etc etc.

Profile picture
    Goldwing
    Topics:

Why are we still talking about AOTY when 30 literally has this in the bag this time around. Sure this isn’t Adele’s most commercially successful album of her career, but it still has commercial appeal. Reasons: Easy On Me literally went #1 for ten weeks in a row; one of the biggest songs of the eligibility window. -Kendrick’s album lack support with any longevity like DAMN. or the amount of critical acclaim with TPAB. Additionally, Kendrick has never won a GF award, so for him winning AOTY with a Kodak Black feature would be interesting to say the least. -Beyonce might not measure up this time around. People are not gravitating towards Break My Soul like they did with Formation, but we still have to see with the release of her new album. -Silk Sonic can win, but they would literally be up against Beyonce and split votes. Additionally, An Evening with Silk Sonic was not that commercial to begin with. They were already awarded. -Lizzo and Harry could upset, but Grammy voters will not choose them over Adele, lets be real. -Adele’s appeal on this album is far reaching. -SOTY is locked because this song is literally dedicated to Adele’s son to forgive her for the mistakes she’s made with her ex-husband throughout their relationship. This song (as a child of divorce parents) is more endearing then Hello or Rolling in the Deep. Stop with the nonsense. Unless Beyonce REALLY comes back, 30 is winning babes.

Wow, way to tell us to leave this forum because there’s nothing real to predict…. Again

Hi.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Would Break My Soul go into BPSP or Best Dance Recording??

Pop Solo

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

I hope Beyoncé or Kendrick take Album of the Year, I don’t care if Adele wins Record and Song but please don’t give her Album for a third time.

Profile picture
    SalKingRichard
    Topics:

Break My Soul did good without a full day. If it stays stable… a smash is here! No promo or video yet which may come this weekend. ROTY and Pop Solo noms confirmed imo.

Beyoncé’s biggest #Spotify debuts this decade:

Break My Soul — 5.15M

Savage Remix — 2.8M

Black Parade — 1.39M

“BREAK MY SOUL” surpassed “This Love (Taylor’s Version)” and is now the biggest debut of a female solo song on Spotify US this year (1.9M).

Beyonce’s BREAK MY SOUL is the 2nd highest #Spotify debut for a female song dropped on a weekday of ALL TIME.

1. Lose You To Love Me — 6M

2. Break My Soul — 5.1M

BREAK MY SOUL on Spotify worldwide

#1. Brazil — 688,000 (second biggest by international female after Don’t Start Now)

#2. US — 1,990,829

#3. UK — 550,357

#3. Ireland — 52,484

#5. Belgium — 36,390

#6. Canada — 216,263

#7. Australia — 139,522

#8. Portugal — 32,363

#11. Netherlands — 124,097

#25. France — 135,676

Profile picture
    flower boy
    Topics:

#1. Brazil — 688,000 (second biggest by international female after Don’t Start Now)

Biggest *peak*.

Biggest day:

1. Easy On Me: 844,000

2. Rain On Me: 822,000

3. Fun Tonight (Remix): 713,000

4. Break My Soul: 688,000

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 706 through 720 (of 764 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.