Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 764 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Boz
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    SalKingRichard
    Topics:

Correct and BMS only had ~20 hours of tracking so pretty good.

Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

If EOM is locked to win in every category then why wouldn’t 30 be too? I think we’re giving Grammy voters way too much credit. They’re going to go for Adele across the board unless she’s snubbed. Which ain’t happening.

Profile picture
    hessa_life
    Topics:

2023 General Field Grammy Predictions

Album of the Year:

Will win: 30 – Adele
    Should win: RENAISSANCE – Beyoncé (if the album is good)
    Surprise win: Harry’s House – Harry Styles or Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers – Kendrick Lamar

Record of the Year:

Will win: Easy On Me – Adele
    Should win: BREAK MY SOUL – Beyoncé
    Surprise win: As It Was – Harry Styles or About Damn Time – Lizzo

Song of the Year:

Will win: Easy On Me – Adele
    Should win: Easy On Me – Adele
    Surprise win: As It Was – Harry Styles

Best New Artist:

Will Win: TBD
    Should win: Muni Long, Tate McRae, or Joji
    Surprise win: Latto, Lauren Spencer-Smith or Dove Cameron

Stream “emails I can’t send” by Sabrina Carpenter!!

Profile picture
    theeboywithlluv
    Topics:

Grammys 2023 General Field Predictions

Album Of The Year

Will Win: 30 – Adele

Song Of The Year

Will Win: Easy On Me

Record Of The Year

Will Win: As It Was

Best New Artist

Will Win: Latto

Profile picture
    SalKingRichard
    Topics:

You lost me with Latto 💀

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

I don’t care if Adele wins Record and Song but please don’t give her Album for a third time.

Honey, you should’ve felt this way about Taylor Swift.

Profile picture
    theeboywithlluv
    Topics:

You lost me with Latto 💀

you’d be surprised lattos single “big energy” is actually performing good on the charts been sitting in top 10 on bb for 11 weeks now and got her her first top 10 on billboard she’s frontrunner this year no other best new artist probably besides gayle had a longetivity hit this year big energy been charting for 34 weeks now.

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

Honey, you should’ve felt this way about Taylor Swift.

At least Swift changed her ways and put more effort than usual in Folklore.

I got you stuck in the realness

Profile picture
    strangemercy
    Topics:

So far, Adele is sweeping. She may not win Album of The Year at the end of the day, but i’m still predicting 30. And to be honest, it’s unquestionably one of the best albums between the contenders.

Break My Soul will leave empty-handed. Easy On Me is a Best Pop Solo Perf. definitive lock, and I’d be very sad if KAYTRANADA and H.E.R. don’t take home Best Dance Recording.

Also, no pop girlie is winning BNA this year. I’m rooting for Black Country, New Road with all of my heart!

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

Why are we still talking about AOTY when 30 literally has this in the bag this time around. Sure this isn’t Adele’s most commercially successful album of her career, but it still has commercial appeal. Reasons: Easy On Me literally went #1 for ten weeks in a row; one of the biggest songs of the eligibility window. -Kendrick’s album lack support with any longevity like DAMN. or the amount of critical acclaim with TPAB. Additionally, Kendrick has never won a GF award, so for him winning AOTY with a Kodak Black feature would be interesting to say the least. -Beyonce might not measure up this time around. People are not gravitating towards Break My Soul like they did with Formation, but we still have to see with the release of her new album. -Silk Sonic can win, but they would literally be up against Beyonce and split votes. Additionally, An Evening with Silk Sonic was not that commercial to begin with. They were already awarded. -Lizzo and Harry could upset, but Grammy voters will not choose them over Adele, lets be real. -Adele’s appeal on this album is far reaching. -SOTY is locked because this song is literally dedicated to Adele’s son to forgive her for the mistakes she’s made with her ex-husband throughout their relationship. This song (as a child of divorce parents) is more endearing then Hello or Rolling in the Deep. Stop with the nonsense. Unless Beyonce REALLY comes back, 30 is winning babes.

You wrote this like last year’s vote splitting didn’t mean shit to you. I’m not saying Adele will lost everything but a lot of popstars like Beyonce, Silk Sonic ( they are mainly R&B but they have a pop appeal as well), Harry Styles (Olivia Rodrigo of this year, the most successful), Lizzo or even possibly Taylor Swift MIGHT hurt her chances and the other nominees doesnt have to split votes with everybody like Kendrick Lamar MIGHT have a chance.

Profile picture
    hessa_life
    Topics:

you’d be surprised lattos single “big energy” is actually performing good on the charts been sitting in top 10 on bb for 11 weeks now and got her her first top 10 on billboard she’s frontrunner this year no other best new artist probably besides gayle had a longetivity hit this year big energy been charting for 34 weeks now.

I definitely agree with you on this one. Literally only Gayle & Latto are the only ones who have their songs in the top 10 in the Billboard for many weeks and could potentially win. However, Grammys don’t care about charts or sales which is why I believe that this time around, an independent artist will win!

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Gucci and these other three posters keep repeating the same Adele is winning!! Stop discussing!! posts everyday. I mean, we all kinda know that’s it’s obvious that Adele is the frontrunner but repeating the same thing doesn’t add anything to the discussion. And we can still have other possibilities. Nobody saw Jon Batiste coming before noms day.

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

Gucci and these other three posters keep repeating the same Adele is winning!! Stop discussing!! posts everyday. I mean, we all kinda know that’s it’s obvious that Adele is the frontrunner but repeating the same thing doesn’t add anything to the discussion. And we can still have other possibilities. Nobody saw Jon Batiste coming before noms day.

Exactly, we’re not dumb, we know Adele is most likely to win but a lot of heavyweight artists dropped in a few months for stirring the pot. If we don’t consider other possibilities then this whole thread is unnecessary and mods should close it until 2024.

Profile picture
    hessa_life
    Topics:

THANK YOUU!! I’ve already told the Gucci person to stop repeating “Beyoncé is gonna lose to Adele… Adele is gonna sweep… nobody is gonna win against Adele, blah blah blah” like we get it!!! If that’s all you’re gonna say without providing reasonings then leave :)))

Profile picture
    fortheculture
    Topics:

Latto had better not come anywhere near BNA if that sample song is all she has to offer us. I don’t know why mainstream artists can’t do original songs with original production these days. We have Jack Harlow with First Class which flips Fergie Glamorous. We have Becky flipping Robin S. We have Doja Cat flipping Elvis Presley Hounddog (she half way gets a pass since it was for the Elvis movie), and we have Latto Flipping Tom Tom Club Genius of Love. Or, arguably Latto flipping Mariah Carey who flipped Tom Tom Club.

It’s like Hollywood movies that just release endless sequels and remakes because it’s lower risk to release something tried and true. I want something original.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 721 through 735 (of 764 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.