Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 764 total)
Created
3 weeks ago
Last Reply
3 days ago
( +32 hidden )
replies
views
users
Gucci
Boz
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    J
    Topics:

I have a question about “big energy” since it was released september 24 2021 will she still be able to submit that for 2023 grammys cause i’m thinking since big energy was eligible for last years grammys she’ll probably submit big energy remix with mariah which came out march 2022 for 2023 grammys ?

She put it on her album 777 which was released this year so it is still eligible.

Profile picture
    J
    Topics:

Latto had better not come anywhere near BNA if that sample song is all she has to offer us. I don’t know why mainstream artists can’t do original songs with original production these days. We have Jack Harlow with First Class which flips Fergie Glamorous. We have Becky flipping Robin S. We have Doja Cat flipping Elvis Presley Hounddog (she half way gets a pass since it was for the Elvis movie), and we have Latto Flipping Tom Tom Club Genius of Love. Or, arguably Latto flipping Mariah Carey who flipped Tom Tom Club.

It’s like Hollywood movies that just release endless sequels and remakes because it’s lower risk to release something tried and true. I want something original.

Babe she has a whole album that she just released. This just happens to be her most popular song.

Profile picture
    theeboywithlluv
    Topics:

She put it on her album 777 which was released this year so it is still eligible.

I don’t think that’s true bc billboard recently released an article stating that “Songs from albums released in a previous year do not count toward a songwriter’s total of releases, even if released as a single or added to a new album released during the current eligibility year. Re-released, covered, re-mixed, re-issued and historical recordings of songs are not eligible.”

Profile picture
    theeboywithlluv
    Topics:

I don’t think that’s true bc billboard recently released an article stating that “Songs from albums released in a previous year do not count toward a songwriter’s total of releases, even if released as a single or added to a new album released during the current eligibility year. Re-released, covered, re-mixed, re-issued and historical recordings of songs are not eligible.”

but i’m not sure if this just applies to the songwriter of the year category or every category

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Idk who will win BNA, but I do know it won’t be Latto. She hasn’t had the year Megan The Stallion had, and if Nicki couldn’t win it, then she won’t either.

Profile picture
    theeboywithlluv
    Topics:

Idk who will win BNA, but I do know it won’t be Latto. She hasn’t had the year Megan The Stallion had, and if Nicki couldn’t win it, then she won’t either.

idk but my bet is still on Latto or Gayle and if Summer gets a nom then i have my bet on her too.

Profile picture
    GrammyLoser
    Topics:

At least Swift changed her ways and put more effort than usual in Folklore.

hahahaha funniest post of the year.

Profile picture
    hessa_life
    Topics:

BNA this year is so dry that at this point, they need to decrease it back to 5 nominees. We don’t have anyone that’s going all out this year.

1. We all thought Gayle was gonna be the next Olivia but failed. She’s definitely gonna be a one-hit wonder

2.  Although Big Energy is still in the top 10, Latto’s sampled song won’t get her a win.

3. Tate McRae’s album barely made any noise, so her chances of winning is becoming slim

4. The industry tried to make Lauren Spencer-Smith happen, but won’t happen

5. Although Muni Long isn’t super mainstream, but she could possibly pull a win

6. Joji’s song is pretty good. Let’s see how long he’ll last streaming wise. If he continues to climb to success, then he now has a bigger shot at BNA

7. Dove Cameron could also be a one-hit wonder. It depends how well her next song “Breakfast” does. I do believe that she could be nominated. I’m not 100% sure

8. Tems is getting some recognition!! I heard that she’s not eligible for BNA? I could be wrong but if this the case, she might also win too

9. Idk if Summer Walker will submit this year after being snubbed last year. Either way, R&B voters will push more for Muni than Summer tbh

10. Other possible contenders that I don’t have much info on are: Wet Leg, Black Country New Road, Blxst, & Zach Bryan

In conclusion, I don’t think a “pop star” is gonna win this year. It’s most likely gonna be given to an indie artist (which I’m not complaining), plus this can give more indie artists some recognition. Lol this is the 2011 Grammys all over again with Esperanza Spalding winning against Justin Bieber & Drake

Profile picture
    reynaltesp
    Topics:

BNA will be full of artists that didn’t make the cut in the last edition and are submitted again. Hopefully, there will be some that are actually new to the current eligibility period like it should be.

Profile picture
    theeboywithlluv
    Topics:

BNA will be full of artists that didn’t make the cut in the last edition and are submitted again. Hopefully, there will be some that are actually new to the current eligibility period like it should be.

you think they might throw Jack Harlow in there since he never got nominated for BNA and he’s kinda new if they end up doing that bc this years BNA is dry ?

Profile picture
    flower boy
    Topics:

The voters are extremely lazy. If Adele wins SOTY/ROTY, she will also take AOTY.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, for the millionth time, Jack Harlow is NOT eligible for Best New Artist.  He has received 2 Grammy nominations as a performer.

Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

My current Best New Artist prediction:

Anitta
    Omar Apollo
    Black Country, New Road
    Blxst
    Zach Bryan
    Joji
    Latto
    Tate McRae
    Muni Long
    Summer Walker

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

My current Best New Artist Prediction:

Anitta

Omar Apollo

Black Country, New Road

Blxst

Zach Bryan

Joji

Latto

Tate McRae

Muni Long

Summer Walker

I have:

Summer Walker (fraudulent but IDC)
    Zach Bryan
    Joji
    Latto
    Bree Runway
    Pink Pantheress
    Tems
    Blxst
    Tate McRae
    Anitta

Profile picture
    strangemercy
    Topics:

but i’m not sure if this just applies to the songwriter of the year category or every category

If it’s just applied to the Songwriter of The Year category, Lucky Daye’s Over It is a lock in the R&B field.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 736 through 750 (of 764 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.