Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 764 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Boz
Monet Tejada
  • Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Can I just say that the assumption of Adele being stronger in the gf than she is in pop is baseless? At least with Billie there was a really obvious reason to think this (2 ROTY wins with 2 pop solo losses) but with Adele there just isn’t.

Quinta Brunson 1st and 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Bill Hader 4th, 5th and 6th emmy campaign manager
    Jeremy Strong 2nd emmy campaign manager
    Zendaya 2nd and 3rd emmy campaign manager

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Sometime in September, I might be convinced that Harry will take pop over Adele. Not because of performance alone, but also because his label will fight for it.

Harry is in the so-called “Imperial Phase” which I’m sure a lot of us already know about. Labels maximise an artist’s potential in this phase as they yield massive ROI. Exactly why I predicted a splashy No1 debut for AIW.

I’m just perplexed that Columbia don’t seem to be trying hard enough to get him another hit. The marketing efforts seem to focus on iconising AIW like they did with 25/Hello.

He is pliable enough to get 3 No1s if you asked me. The album is also solid enough to promote multiple tracks in the background like Planet Her. I actually want Harry to win something next ceremony.

“Late Night Talking” is taking off now.

Adele and Harry are on the same label, so I’m sure Columbia will prioritize both.

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

Why i can’t like posts? Is it just about me or other users have that same problem too?

I got you stuck in the realness

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

N/B: For anyone not already familiar with the “Imperial” thing and would rather not Google, some past era’s like that were TUN, 1989, Scorpion, 25, Divide, BBTM, DAMN, BeerBongs & Bentleys, Born This Way, I Am Sasha Fierce, Loud, Bad by MJ.

It typically comes after a loved era with long-legged commercial performance that successfully pushes the artist up a level in reputation.

It’s easy to promote such artists as they are perceived reputable but not commonplace. Also, they are yet to be successful enough to get serious haters.

Other artists I believe could hit this sweet spot next include Doja & Dua if they stop the unnecessary collaborations and build momentum, Olivia is in fact doing everything right enough to guarantee hers, LNX too. I thought Billie was perfectly set up for this, if only she paused after ATGGGTH and returned mid-2021 with HTE as the lead single!

The era after this phase (Post-Stardom phase) is usually the most difficult to work with. Unattainable expectations plus significant haters and maxed-out creativity. Too much promo now irritates consumers. You need to start giving albums the Evermore treatment. Beyoncé & Swift almost lost grip after their Imperials but are in fact nailing this stage currently, Gaga is also finally realising this, even Grande is now handling this properly. Less cheap publicity but maximum artistry. Rihanna is slaying it.

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Why i can’t like posts? Is it just about me or other users have that same problem too?

Ive been complaining about this since. No way for people to know I agree with them!

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Can I just say that the assumption of Adele being stronger in the gf than she is in pop is baseless? At least with Billie there was a really obvious reason to think this (2 ROTY wins with 2 pop solo losses) but with Adele there just isn’t.

Makes sense … I should have just liked this and moved on 😩 but likes don’t work.

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

“Late Night Talking” is taking off now. Adele and Harry are on the same label, so I’m sure Columbia will prioritize both.

I think both being in the same label should in fact keep Harry wake at night. The label can easily weaken Harry’s chances to set up Adele!

I always believed 25 would be prioritised over Lemonade. I also assumed 24K Magic would be given priority over Divide to test the theory, same with Folklore & After Hours, SOUR & HTE. Rihanna claimed that Jay-Z messed with ANTI’s release strategy to give Lemonade an edge. I afterwards removed ANTI from my AOTY prediction. It’s not always spot-on like with LFS and Maybe I’m wrong but I believe labels might be influential in outcomes.

Adele’s inside man “Rob Stringer” at the label was promoted to Columbia CEO after 21 and 25. He afterwards fully signed Adele from XL for a whooping $130m for 3 albums! It’s typically $1m for new artists.

He was further made Sony Music President in 2019. See the kind of expensive and outrageous promo 30 got, TV deals + getting Oprah out of retirement require serious resources. Did you know that users in emerging markets received texts from specific networks when EOM, 30 dropped? The cost of sending texts to 100s of millions of users in developing countries still cost millions. Not to mention paying these networks to focus on users of interest who might have shown interest in Adele in some manner.

Adele yields serious returns for her label, enough to earn this rare favour that Harry will struggle to catch up to.

Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

Do you think Kendrick will submit Die Hard or Purple Hearts to Best Melodic Rap Performance?

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Do you think Kendrick will submit Die Hard or Purple Hearts to Best Melodic Rap Performance?

Should be Die Hard considering its the bigger of the two.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

I see user “Rich Thot” manifested Kate Bush’s resurgence after using the cover of the album that has RUTH (ADWG) as a profile picture. Interesting…can you manifest some bills into my bank account?

No, but I can manifest your [redacted] in my [redacted] 😅

Kate is a legend and always will be. It is a slight shame that so many Americans only know her for “Running Up That Hill”. Every so often that song gets hype, though of course not at this level. She has a ton of other quality.

Profile picture
    Chickenwings
    Topics:

You by Regard Troye Sivan and Tate McRae should have been nominated for best dance recording. Still mad about it

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

hopefully Purple Hearts so Ghostface Killah and Summer Walker can have a Grammy 🙂 

Top 15 Albums of 2022 to understand my music taste lol slay

Ants From Up There
    Bronco
    CAPRISONGS
    Dawn FM
    Diaspora Problems
    Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe in You
    Harry's House
    Hellfire
    Ivory
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    MOTOMAMI
    Melt My Eyez See My Future
    Once Twice Melody
    Preacher's Daughter
    RENAISSANCE

Everything Everywhere All At Once for Best Picture
    Severance for Outstanding Drama Series

Profile picture
    Ziggiy
    Topics:

probably Die Hard although Purple Hearts could easily win

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

Purple Hearts got a popular R&B name and a legendary member of a legendary hip-hop group. It should be the choice.

I got you stuck in the realness

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

No, but I can manifest your [redacted] in my [redacted] 😅 Kate is a legend and always will be. It is a slight shame that so many Americans only know her for “Running Up That Hill”. Every so often that song gets hype, though of course not at this level. She has a ton of other quality.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 764 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.