Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 5)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 529 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Gucci
strangemercy
Mother Dináh
  • Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Beyoncé, Kendrick and Silk Sonic all being nominated could be a great thing and bad thing at the same time.

They’re all splitting big time

Profile picture
    J
    Topics:

Justin hasn’t released a live version of Ghost yet had he? Isn’t the album version ineligible?

Profile picture
    Ant
    Topics:

Beyoncé’s album has 3 feats.

BEAM is on Energy

Grace Jones and Tems on MOVE

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

They’re all splitting big time

Beyonce and Silk Sonic yes, Kendrick no. He got the rap field in his side. They won’t vote for Silk Sonic since last year rap field helped LTDO sweep. All Kendrick need a little bit more genre appeal votes because he’s a very respected artist in the music industry. Beyonce, i don’t know. She has the overdue case like Kendrick, some pop votes are also going to her.

I got you stuck in the realness

Profile picture
    flower boy
    Topics:

Kendrick needs the support of the R&B field for a big four win, just like Lauryn and Outkast did. So yes, Beyoncé and Silk Sonic in the game hurt him.

Profile picture
    Alioth
    Topics:

The condescension is very weird coming from someone who’s on a music forum, with a profile picture of a stranger, talking about other stranger’s careers and achievements. Pot meet kettle. It’s giving

Well I’m don’t have mental breakdowns each time someone writes a negative or even neutral post about Adele, am I?

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Let’s not lie now, Ariana’s vocals make her very memorable. They’re a standout.

Honey, you are NOT this delusional.  Ariana Grande’s vocals are nasally, yet decent at best.  Her discography is completely forgettable.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

[quote quote=1205021707]
    Beyonce and Silk Sonic yes, Kendrick no. He got the rap field in his side. They won’t vote for Silk Sonic since last year rap field helped LTDO sweep. All Kendrick need a little bit more genre appeal votes because he’s a very respected artist in the music industry. Beyonce, i don’t know. She has the overdue case like Kendrick, some pop votes are also going to her.

The rap field won’t be enough to win AOTY.

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

The rap field won’t be enough to win AOTY.

I’m aware of that. That’s why i said he needs cross genre votes. Rock and Alternative field is the key field i suppose because they don’t have a push an artist this year so whoever they vote, is the winner of AOTY.

Kendrick needs the support of the R&B field for a big four win, just like Lauryn and Outkast did. So yes, Beyoncé and Silk Sonic in the game hurt him.

Maybe R&B field returns to last years favor but it’s not very likely.

I got you stuck in the realness

Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

Beyoncé’s album has 3 feats.

BEAM is on Energy

Grace Jones and Tems on MOVE

Depending on the nature of the song, I wonder if Move has a chance in BPDGP? Or even Energy?

Unless they are both more R&B leaning…

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Lizzo’s nominations will be very similar to 2020:

Record of the Year – “About Damn Time”
    Album of the Year – Special
    Song of the Year – “About Damn Time”
    Best Pop Solo Performance – “About Damn Time”
    Best R&B Performance – “Special”
    Best Traditional R&B Performance – “Naked”
    Best Progressive R&B Album – Special
    Best Music Video – “About Damn Time”

Profile picture
    Ant
    Topics:

Depending on the nature of the song, I wonder if Move has a chance in BPDGP? Or even Energy? Unless they are both more R&B leaning…

I’d bet “Energy” is a transition track between Cuff It e BMS.

Move maybe has more chances to be nominated somewhere.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Energy is short. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was some sort of Interlude, specially right before Break My Soul.

Beyoncé will likely submit Move in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance. It doesn’t matter if it’s an R&B leaning song. So was 6 Inch yet she submitted it in BPD/GP in an attempt to maximize her nominations. She didn’t make the cut only because the category was very competitive.

The NARAS better fraudulently allow Tems to compete in Best New Artist, cause she could happen in plenty of fields: Pop or R&B, Rap and Global Music.

Profile picture
    CheChe70
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Do you guys think that Silk Sonic might be left out of AOTY? just cause the album itself came and went and it already won 4 Grammys? Like voters not voting for it for a nomination so Lizzo and Beyonce get more votes?</p>

Profile picture
    CoolSonic
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Do you guys think that Silk Sonic might be left out of AOTY? just cause the album itself came and went and it already won 4 Grammys? Like voters not voting for it for a nomination so Lizzo and Beyonce get more votes?</p>

No, I don’t think so. They’re too much of a name check featuring two Grammy darlings, evident from this year’s ceremony. Although, I agree that the album has made no noise ever since.

Oscars FYC:

Everything Everywhere All At Once in all eligible categories.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 529 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.