Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 5)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 529 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
Gucci
strangemercy
Mother Dináh
  • Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Quick question: is Break My Soul eligible for SOTY? Because a few days ago I read somewhere that it won’t be due to its sample. In that case Be Alive temporarily remains in my SOTY predictions.

Yes it’s eligible, that person who said that earlier was incorrect

Profile picture
    thatsguii
    Topics:

That Beyoncé song was very underwhelming. I was not expecting that from The-Dream, especially because he previously produced so many great songs for her. At this point, Adele is really coming for ROTY and SOTY. Not sure about AOTY yet.

Profile picture
    joesilver
    Topics:

I’ve seen some people predicting Break My Soul in R&B performance/song. Isn’t too pop/dance for R&B?

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

People predicting anything related to RENAISSANCE in R&B somehow haven’t listened to Break My Soul yet. Beyoncé is going fully Pop. Best Pop Vocal Album included. Screening committees tend to be extra strict under a straight vote. Specially R&B and Country which tend to make many passionate decisions.

Only select album tracks will be submitted in other fields.

If anything, Be Alive is Bey’s current placeholder in R&B Performance/Song.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

No one over the age of 30 knows Joshua Bassett. If any child star sneaks into BNA, it’s going to be Dove Cameron. She has a top 40 hit and she’s a recognizable new face in various branches of show business. She even won a Daytime Emmy a while ago.

Dove Cameron & Muni Long are both getting in based on the top 40 + industry support combo.

I’m also very confident about Fivio Foreign getting 3 nominations (BNA, Melodic Rap Perf + Rap Song for “City of Gods”), but I’m not sure if he’s eligible because he was already nominated as one of the thousands of features on Donda.

Summer Walker & Anitta are on the same boat: never nominated, seemingly too old (specially the latter, 10 years is too much), but probably still eligible.

Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Is Latto the current frontrunner for BNA? I think not. But that category is so weak. Literally anyone could win it.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, there is NOT any indication of Beyoncé going fully Pop.  Even if she were, Bey can submit anything and easily get nominated in R&B.  She has always been a perennial name-check.

“Be Alive” gives Best Pop Solo Performance vibes a la “Spirit.”

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Why would “Be Alive” be submitted to any performance category when she will have a newly eligible album? “Be Alive” might just be a submission in the Media Song category. But in any other case, “Be Alive” is closer to “Black Parade” than “Spirit.” “Break My Soul” will end up in Pop where it belongs. I don’t know why this is even a discussion.

Profile picture
    Mary
    Topics:

Latto has definitely had a breakthrough this year, but anyone can win BNA. If he’s eligible, I think Joji will win or Muni Long can pull through and win.

Profile picture
    hessa_life
    Topics:

Is Latto the current frontrunner for BNA? I think not. But that category is so weak. Literally anyone could win it.

To me, the front runners for BNA are:

Latto
    Muni Long
    Joji

Also, awards seasons such as VMA’s and AMA’s are coming up, so we can also depict on who’s gonna get BNA based off of these award shows

Stream “emails I can’t send” by Sabrina Carpenter!!

Profile picture
    hessa_life
    Topics:

Also, Adele’s album just fell off of the Top 100 Billboard for the Top 200 albums. So I’m not even sure if Adele is even gonna win AOTY, (yes, I know Grammys doesn’t care about charts) since this isn’t her best album (for Adele’s standards). But the Grammys are obviously gonna give it to her because they’re biased af.

Stream “emails I can’t send” by Sabrina Carpenter!!

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, we’re living in a shitty state of music if Latto or Muni Long are considered deserving of a Best New Artist win.  Hope an Esperanza Spalding-type prevails.

Profile picture
    strangemercy
    Topics:

Bad Bunny is supposedly releasing a collaboration with Kali Uchis & Doja Cat called Locuras and I’m here for it.

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Also, Adele’s album just fell off of the Top 100 Billboard for the Top 200 albums. So I’m not even sure if Adele is even gonna win AOTY, (yes, I know Grammys doesn’t care about charts) since this isn’t her best album (for Adele’s standards). But the Grammys are obviously gonna give it to her because they’re biased af.

So who should win to prove fairness among voters?

Profile picture
    ProfessorChaos
    Topics:

I’m really thinking Swedish House Mafia would’ve been a lock to win Best Dance/Electronic Album for “Paradise Again” under the old committee rules. Tracks from the album are being played by leaders in the genre at almost every festival (including one of their influences, the legendary duo Justice.)

Their name recognition should be enough to still win (they will increase visibility by touring stadiums right when voting begins.) They’re definitely getting nominated. But the Dance category is about to be shaken up this month when Odesza’s “The Last Goodbye” album drops. They could absolutely scoop up the win.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 529 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.