Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 6)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 581 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
P(oweR) Valley
Munchi

• J
    Topics:

I think it could, but there’s also My Universe with Coldplay (which I guess it’s more likely at the moment) and some people have said it would count as two entries for Jungkook so only one can get a nom.

That’s not how that works. An artist can be nominated more than once in a category. Though that’s not gonna happen here because left and right has absolutely no shot at getting nominated.

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Adele will make history next year as the first artist to win Song of the Year three times.  Girls, get ready!  Adele is truly THAT bitch!

Bridgers13
    Topics:

That’s not how that works. An artist can be nominated more than once in a category. Though that’s not gonna happen here because left and right has absolutely no shot at getting nominated.

In Pop Duo it does work this way. We even talked about what Ed Sheeran would do because he has “Bam Bam” and “The Joker and the Queen”. The question is if Jungkook can get nominated solo and with a group.

Mother Dináh
    Topics:

“Left and Right” is not happening. Armys and mild airplay are carrying that song.

Considering that “Attention” likely failed to make it to the top 8 of BPSP in 2018, behind Ariana, Taylor and Demi, Charlie Puth will probably never step foot in the Pop field again. However, we can’t rule out nominations as a songwriter, producer, engineer, etc. The engineering panel likes him.

Jung Kook can only and will be nominated for BPD/GP as a member of BTS. And I currently see My Universe winning by default. Any A-lister has two months to release a duet and win an easy Grammy.

Bridgers13
    Topics:

Yeah, “My Universe” is definitely the choice. The category is just so weak and I don’t even know if I should predict WDTAB anymore, it’s basically forgotten but what else is there? If it could happen I’d rather see “Left and Right” nominated than “Enemy” or “Bam Bam” though.

Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  “My Universe” is NOT winning Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.

aj
    Topics:

i have 0 idea who could win pop duo, i need the actual nominations to come out so i can see what’s competing

Deemy
    Topics:

I’d love to see Doja repeat in Pop Duo. Post Malone has been at this for a minute. Don’t want him to end up being the male Katy Perry.

But truly I think Elton John and Dua Lipa has this in the bag. 2 months left and nothing seem to be stopping them.

Deemy
    Topics:

Pop Duo/ Group:

Elton John & Dua Lipa – Cold Heart
    Encanto Cast – We Don’t Talk About Bruno
    Bad Bunny f/ Chencho Corleone – Me Porto Bonito
    Imagine Dragons f/ JID – Enemy
    Post Malone & Doja Cat – I Like You (A Happier Song)

Munchi
    Topics:

Billboard predicts Album of the Year Adele, 30 Bad Bunny, Un Verano Sin Ti Beyoncé, Renaissance Brandi Carlile, In These Silent Days Kendrick Lamar, Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers Ed Sheeran, = Silk Sonic, An Evening with Silk Sonic Harry Styles, Harry’s House Taylor Swift, Red (Taylor’s Version) Various Artists, Encanto Song of the Year “About Damn Time” (Lizzo) “As It Was” (Harry Styles) “Boyfriend” (Dove Cameron) “Break My Soul” (Beyoncé) “Easy On Me” (Adele) “First Class” (Jack Harlow) “Glimpse of Us” (Joji) “Numb Little Bug” (Em Beihold) “Smokin Out the Window” (Silk Sonic) “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” (Various Artists) Record of the Year Adele, “Easy On Me” Becky G & Karol G, “Mamiii” Beyoncé, “Break My Soul” Doja Cat, “Woman” Jack Harlow, “First Class” Imagine Dragons feat. JID, “Enemy” Lizzo, “About Damn Time” Silk Sonic, “Smokin Out the Window” Harry Styles, “As It Was” Taylor Swift, “All Too Well” Best New Artist Em Beihold Zach Bryan Dove Cameron Gayle Latto The Linda Lindas Muni Long Lauren Spencer-Smith Wet Leg Lainey Wilson

And the employees who put in “Boyfriend” and “Numb Little Bug” before “Energy” (Latto) still have their jobs?

ELIAS✨
    Topics:

at this point, I’m hoping Sweetest Pie by Megan Thee Stallion and Dua Lipa win Best Pop Duo/Group. Everyone else’s songs sucks ass 

Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

“We Don’t Talk About Bruno” feels like an obvious Pop Duo/Group frontrunner, no?

strangemercy
    Topics:

Heat Waves (Live) is not eligible.

I guess Elton & Dua’s Cold Heart is also probably not. I know it was secondly released in Elton John’s The Lockdown Sessions, but the track was already submitted for this year’s GRAMMYs (Remixed Recording). If eligible, it’s actually a strong contender for Record Of The Year as well. They have an acoustic version of the song eligible, but I guess his team will try to push up the collaboration with Britney.

In Best Pop Duo/Group Perfomance, expect a Spanish song nominated – either Rosi & Abel’s LA FAMA, almost any collaboration from Benito’s Un Verano Sin Ti or even the supposed new Bad Bunny’s collab with Doja Cat & Kali Uchis.

My Universe, We Don’t Talk About Bruno and Enemy are also definitely going to be nominated. I’d say MOVE (Beyoncé feat. Grace Jones & Tems), Beg For You (Charli XCX & Rina Sawayama), Sweetest Pie (Megan Thee Stallion & Dua Lipa) or I Like You (A Happier Song) (Post Malone & Doja Cat) could also show up.

LOVC
    Topics:

Renaissance had fairly complex composition and great production but with rudimentary writing. I personally perceive sampling as indicative of limited creativity btw.

Noteworthy: The first verse of “Move” and the hook of Cardi’s “Press” are very similar, the producers are there to avoid such incidents.

I think it depends on how the artist works with the sample, for example the way Jay-Z uses Nina Simone’s “Four Women” to create the beat for “The Story of O.J.” It’s one of the most creative things I’ve ever heard in any song.

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, “Big Energy” in Song of the Year… I think NOT!  Feels more like a Record of the Year nominee.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 581 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.