Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 6)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 581 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Monet Tejada
Munchi
  • Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Most of the writing on Lemonade ain’t no better than Renaissance honestly. “Daddy Lessons” is corny as hell from writing standout and has some cringe-y lines despite being a solid song. That’s just one example. None of Beyoncé’s albums are exceptional from a writing standpoint. And at least Renaissance has the camp and fun factor and great production to make the lyricism less of an important element. Lyricism was really highlighted on Lemonade, which is one of the reasons I don’t think it’s one of her few best albums. Some of y’all are just reaching to hate (not counting Gucci, because Gucci is always gonna Guch). What do you expect from a mostly club/dancehall/house/disco album?

“We Don’t Talk About Bruno” seems like the obvious fr for Pop Duo.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, let’s be honest.  Beyoncé stole from the gays and the ballroom scene on Renaissance.  The bitch has no integrity.

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

ALBUM OF THE YEAR
    *30 — Adele*
    Renaissance — Beyoncé
    Music of the Spheres — Coldplay
    Un Verano Sin Ti — Bad Bunny
    Harry’s House — Harry Styles
    Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers — Kendrick Lamar
    Special — Lizzo
    An Evening with Silk Sonic — Silk Sonic
    In These Silent Days — Brandi Carlile
    Encanto (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) — Various Artists
    (= — Ed Sheeran)

RECORD OF THE YEAR
    *Easy on Me — Adele*
    Break My Soul — Beyoncé
    As it Was — Harry Styles
    N95 — Kendrick Lamar
    About Damn Time — Lizzo
    Smoking Out the Window — Silk Sonic
    Big Energy — Latto
    First Class — Jack Harlow
    We Don’t Talk About Bruno — Cast of Encanto
    TV — Billie Eilish

SONG OF THE YEAR
    *Easy on Me — Adele*
    Break My Soul — Beyoncé
    N95 — Kendrick Lamar
    Smoking Out the Window — Silk Sonic
    About Damn Time — Lizzo
    As It Was — Harry Styles
    Automatic Woman — H.E.R.
    Broken Horses — Brandi Carlile
    We Don’t Talk About Bruno — Cast of Encanto
    Big Energy — Latto

Profile picture
    theeboywithlluv
    Topics:

ALBUM OF THE YEAR *30 — Adele *Renaissance — Beyoncé Music of the Spheres — Coldplay Un Verano Sin Ti — Bad Bunny Harry’s House — Harry Styles Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers — Kendrick Lamar Special — Lizzo An Evening with Silk Sonic — Silk Sonic In These Silent Days — Brandi Carlile Encanto (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack) — Various Artists (= — Ed Sheeran) RECORD OF THE YEAR *Easy on Me — Adele *Break My Soul — Beyoncé As it Was — Harry Styles N95 — Kendrick Lamar About Damn Time — Lizzo Smoking Out the Window — Silk Sonic Big Energy — Latto First Class — Jack Harlow We Don’t Talk About Bruno — Cast of Encanto TV — Billie Eilish SONG OF THE YEAR *Easy on Me — Adele *Break My Soul — Beyoncé N95 — Kendrick Lamar Smoking Out the Window — Silk Sonic About Damn Time — Lizzo As It Was — Harry Styles Automatic Woman — H.E.R. Broken Horses — Brandi Carlile We Don’t Talk About Bruno — Cast of Encanto Big Energy — Latto

“Big Energy” is not getting into any categories it was released prior to this eligibility year according to billboard.

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

That’s so unfortunate. I guess she’ll have to submit the Remix with Mariah & DJ Khaled.

Profile picture
    strangemercy
    Topics:

“Big Energy” is not getting into any categories it was released prior to this eligibility year according to billboard.

Could you tell me when or where was this published? Latto will submit Big Energy as a track from “777”, released this March.

If Big Energy isn’t eligible, so isn’t My Universe (Coldplay + BTS), Over (Lucky Daye), I Don’t Live Here Anymore (The War On Drugs)…

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, we have been through this numerous times.  “Big Energy” is on Latto’s 777 album, which was released this Grammy cycle.  If the song has NOT been previously submitted, it is indeed eligible.  Duh!

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

BPDGP has a couple of contenders but nothing noteworthy. “Cold Heart” would have been a great winner but apparently it’s not eligible. “We don’t talk about Bruno” and “My Universe” are the frontrunner with “Sweetest Pie” being a distant black horse.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Where is everyone thinking Beyoncé’s Renaissance is going: pop or R&B and why? I personally think it’ll be submitted to progressive R&B and will be allowed to compete there.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Where is everyone thinking Beyoncé’s Renaissance is going: pop or R&B and why? I personally think it’ll be submitted to progressive R&B and will be allowed to compete there.

Progressive R&B of course.

Profile picture
    Jacob "Oscar Boy" Boe
    Topics:

I think R&B as well

Grammys FYC:

"Glimpse of Us" - Joji

Profile picture
    theeboywithlluv
    Topics:

Honey, we have been through this numerous times. “Big Energy” is on Latto’s 777 album, which was released this Grammy cycle. If the song has NOT been previously submitted, it is indeed eligible. Duh!

idk shit how the grammys work i’m just here to see ya’ll predictions and give my own predictions we’ll have to wait and see what happens when the nominees come out cause you never know rules can change.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, we already established Renaissance going Best Progressive R&B Album.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

BPDGP has a couple of contenders but nothing noteworthy. “Cold Heart” would have been a great winner but apparently it’s not eligible. “We don’t talk about Bruno” and “My Universe” are the frontrunner with “Sweetest Pie” being a distant black horse.

Personally I think “Enemy” is the frontrunner. “Bruno” is both forgotten and also a children’s song, “My Universe” was a fad, and “Sweetest Pie” tanked. Imagine Dragons have gotten pop nods before and “Enemy” is arguably the second biggest eligible after “Bruno”, if it hasn’t surpassed that yet.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Personally I think “Enemy” is the frontrunner. “Bruno” is both forgotten and also a children’s song, “My Universe” was a fad, and “Sweetest Pie” tanked. Imagine Dragons have gotten pop nods before and “Enemy” is arguably the second biggest eligible after “Bruno”, if it hasn’t surpassed that yet.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 581 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.