Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 6)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 581 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Monet Tejada
Munchi
  • Profile picture
    J
    Topics:

In Pop Duo it does work this way. We even talked about what Ed Sheeran would do because he has “Bam Bam” and “The Joker and the Queen”. The question is if Jungkook can get nominated solo and with a group.

I don’t know where you got the idea that an artist can only be nominated one time in a category, but there have been countless examples of artists being nominated multiple times in the same category. There are literally no rules saying one can’t be so I have no idea where you’re getting this from.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Assuming Ghost and Woman won’t be submitted.

Best Pop Solo Performance
    Adele, “Easy On Me”
    Beyoncé, “Break My Soul”
    Billie Eilish, “TV”
    Lizzo, “About Damn Time”
    Harry Styles, “As It Was”
    (Joji, “Glimpse of Us”)

Best Pop Duo/Group Performance
    The Anxiety, “Meet Me At Out Spot (Live)”
    Beyoncé feat. Grace Jones & Tems, “Move”
    Camila Cabello feat. Ed Sheeran, “Bam Bam”
    Coldplay & BTS, “My Universe”
    Imagine Dragons, “Enemy”
    (Post Malone feat. Doja Cat, “I Like You (A Happier Song)”)

Best Pop Vocal Album
    Adele, 30
    Coldplay, Music of the Spheres
    Lizzo, Special
    Harry Styles, Harry’s House
    Ed Sheeran, =
    (ABBA, Voyage)

Profile picture
    J
    Topics:

idk shit how the grammys work i’m just here to see ya’ll predictions and give my own predictions we’ll have to wait and see what happens when the nominees come out cause you never know rules can change.

No rules can’t just change. The rules are established for the next years awards and it stays that way.

Profile picture
    alex.g
    Topics:

No rules can’t just change. The rules are established for the next years awards and it stays that way.

They change the rules all the time. Last year during the eligibility period and nominations voting period, everyone understood that there would be 8 nominees in the general field awards. That is until Recording Academy CEO Harvey Mason Jr realised that #9 and #10 in the AOTY nominations voting were Taylor Swift and Kanye West and it would good for the TV ratings to add them, so we ended up with 10 nominees in the general field.

There was even a leaked list with 8 names in each of the general field awards.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/24/arts/music/grammy-nominations-taylor-swift-kanye-west.html

Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

I hope it was only one year’s case and in 2023 we have 8 nominees back. 10 is too much and the actual winners change due to split of votes. Olivia Rodrigo probably would have won AOTY if there weren’t 8 pop nominees.

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

I hope it was only one year’s case and in 2023 we have 8 nominees back. 10 is too much and the actual winners change due to split of votes. Olivia Rodrigo probably would have won AOTY if there weren’t 8 pop nominees.

i think it’s been confirmed to remain at 10

Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

Honey, voters will NOT give a shit that 30 won’t be charting during the voting period. This is fucking Adele we are talking about.

you have been on this site for about 3 decades and still think that when somebody points out a chart achievement / failure they’re implying that the voters will care. when will it click that NOBODY is saying that.

30 not being on the billboard 200 goes against adele because it shows her / the album’s lack of relevancy

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

you have been on this site for about 3 decades

Girl… you didn’t have to clock gucci like that lmao.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

10 is too much. It kill the exclusivity and purpose of scoring a Grammy nomination. Nothing special about being nominated anymore and it’s a hassle in years like this one where people cannot even name 5 BNA’s.

Profile picture
    musicmood
    Topics:

BNA is so weak this year. Hopefully academy leans heavy on “non-commerical” acts – who predicted Arooj Aftab last time? she’s actually insanely talented!

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

“Bad Habit” by Steve Lacy still needs to be added to the prediction center. It’s officially a hit.

Profile picture
    strangemercy
    Topics:

BNA is so weak this year. Hopefully academy leans heavy on “non-commerical” acts – who predicted Arooj Aftab last time? she’s actually insanely talented!

I’m predicting that this year’s Arooj Aftab will be Silvana Estrada. She deserves the Best New Artist nomination + one in the Latin Field.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Personally I think “Enemy” is the frontrunner. “Bruno” is both forgotten and also a children’s song, “My Universe” was a fad, and “Sweetest Pie” tanked. Imagine Dragons have gotten pop nods before and “Enemy” is arguably the second biggest eligible after “Bruno”, if it hasn’t surpassed that yet.

Give or take “Cold Heart”‘s eligiblity, it will be the biggest Duo/Group contender on the Billboard Year

#8 Cold Heart
    #14 Enemy
    #18 We Don’t Talk About Bruno
    #19 One Right Now
    #20 Wait for U
    #27 Smokin’ Out the Window (R&B?)
    #28 You Right
    #29 Pushin P (Melodic Rap?)
    #39 Mamii (Global Music?)
    #42 Bam Bam
    #45 Me Porto Bonito
    #46 Sweetest Pie
    #51 Better Days (Dance Recording?)
    #53 Meet Me At Our Spot (Rock/Alt?)

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Silvana Estrada + Best New Artist nomination = NOT happening

Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

I think Elton and Britney are winning BPDGP if the remix is successful. A big and acclaimed artist with a lot of support in the industry and a pop icon in her comeback and with a strong story background. Yeah, they are taking it.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 581 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.