Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 6)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 581 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Monet Tejada
Munchi
  • Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

Are Frank Ocean and Meghan going to release this eligibility period too?

As in Megan Thee Stallion or Meghan Trainor?

Megan Thee Stallion has teased her second album (titled Traumazine) and it’s coming in August apparently. And Meghan Trainor has announced an album dropping in October lol

Profile picture
    JennyLewisFan
    Topics:

I don’t know what’s been going on in these forums as I haven’t been on here a long time, but I just remembered that Alison Kraus conveniently released an album this eligibility period (after Beyoncé had taken her title as the most decorated female Grammy winner) with the same guy who she collaborated with when she swept with Raising Sand and even beat In Rainbows, technically the first major-artist surprise-release studio effort. Question 1: What are Alison’s chances of winning Album of the Year again?

Question 2: Who has a bigger chance at this point between Adele and Beyoncé? I don’t care much for either album, so, my tastes alone can’t make me vouch for either of them. But in terms of narrative, definitely Beyoncé. She’s been snubbed twice to much worse albums, especially that 25 one. Gross! But Adele is Adele.

Question 3: Kendrick Lamar has also been snubbed twice. Though DAMN. may be his weakest effort, it was miles better than that garbage Bruno Mars one. Let’s not even get into Taylor Swift, but she at least had the “crossover/huge sales” narrative.

So, who has the highest chance? I hope it’s finally Beyoncé. She’s been paid way too much shit for an organization she seems to have simped heavily for in the past.

Current AOTY predictions:

1. Beyoncé’s new album with the horse on the cover.
    2. Adele’s new album with her face in side view.
    3. Kendrick Lamar’s new album with the Kodak Black features.
    4. Alison Krauss and Robert Plant still Raising that Sand all these years.
    5. I honestly could not give a damn.

Oh, wait, there are ten of these now. Yikes. I forgot.

Profile picture
    alex.g
    Topics:

Alison Kraus conveniently released an album this eligibility period (after Beyoncé had taken her title as the most decorated female Grammy winner) with the same guy who she collaborated with when she swept with Raising Sand and even beat In Rainbows

That guy was Robert Plant, the former lead singer of Led Zeppelin, a band that missed out in Grammy awards when they were at their peak in the 1970s.

They had the “overdue veteran” narrative going for them, but they won’t have that this time.

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Am I the only one who thinks Maren Morris has a legitimate chance of making it into the general field? Especially into SOTY for Circles Around This Town. I think her album could be a dark horse nominee for AOTY considering there haven’t been any huge country albums & i think there’s a chance Circles Around This Town could make it into ROTY. Thoughts?

Many of us were very confident about her chances with “The Bones”, the Girl album and The Highwomen, specially after she found crossover success, and when she only got two nominations in 2020 and 2021, we were pretty disappointed. But maybe without committees her luck is about to change. Not many people expected “Better Than We Found It” in Best Country Song. It was probably an alphabetical order thing though. Same with “The Bones”.

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

I don’t know what’s been going on in these forums as I haven’t been on here a long time, but I just remembered that Alison Kraus conveniently released an album this eligibility period (after Beyoncé had taken her title as the most decorated female Grammy winner) with the same guy who she collaborated with when she swept with Raising Sand and even beat In Rainbows, technically the first major-artist surprise-release studio effort. Question 1: What are Alison’s chances of winning Album of the Year again? Question 2: Who has a bigger chance at this point between Adele and Beyoncé? I don’t care much for either album, so, my tastes alone can’t make me vouch for either of them. But in terms of narrative, definitely Beyoncé. She’s been snubbed twice to much worse albums, especially that 25 one. Gross! But Adele is Adele. Question 3: Kendrick Lamar has also been snubbed twice. Though DAMN. may be his weakest effort, it was miles better than that garbage Bruno Mars one. Let’s not even get into Taylor Swift, but she at least had the “crossover/huge sales” narrative. So, who has the highest chance? I hope it’s finally Beyoncé. She’s been paid way too much shit for an organization she seems to have simped heavily for in the past. Current AOTY predictions:

1. Beyoncé’s new album with the horse on the cover.
    2. Adele’s new album with her face in side view.
    3. Kendrick Lamar’s new album with the Kodak Black features.
    4. Alison Krauss and Robert Plant still Raising that Sand all these years.
    5. I honestly could not give a damn.

Oh, wait, there are ten of these now. Yikes. I forgot.

Don’t forget Brandi Carlile. She might be the true dark horse. Also Kendrick snubbed three times, not two. GKMC didn’t won any awards either.

I got you stuck in the realness

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  Brandi Carlile is NOT a dark horse in the Album of the Year race.  Her album is long forgotten.  Plus, she is always pure filler.

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

Get real! Brandi Carlile is NOT a dark horse in the Album of the Year race. Her album is long forgotten. Plus, she is always pure filler.

Honey, you say it’s forgotten like everybody expects Brandi Carlile to do Adele numbers. It’s not, they constantly nominate her everywhere in recent years and i think it benefits her. So she’s a dark horse, pop and R&B votes splitting too much and since rap votes won’t be enough for Kendrick to win AOTY, i put Brandi on contenders list.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, stop being delusional.  There will NOT be any vote-splitting.  No way is Brandi Carlile getting past Adele.

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

Honey, stop being delusional. There will NOT be any vote-splitting. No way is Brandi Carlile getting past Adele.

Honey, you are very stubborn. Last years vote splitting didn’t teach you or most of GD users one thing.

Profile picture
    Pip
    Topics:

Honey, if there is someone who is worried about being forgotten, that is Adele. Her past wins were because she was an undeniable commercial success, not because of acclaim. Now her album and single are out of the charts and forgotten half a year before the Grammys. She has to time her residency to stay relevant. But Bey got Madonna, and everyone else in her side. So bye2 Adele sweep.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Honey, if there is someone who is worried about being forgotten, that is Adele. Her past wins were because she was an undeniable commercial success, not because of acclaim. Now her album and single are out of the charts and forgotten half a year before the Grammys. She has to time her residency to stay relevant. But Bey got Madonna, and everyone else in her side. So bye2 Adele sweep.

Yeah, “Chasing Pavements” and BNA were because she went #1 everywhere.

I don’t think Adele is sweeping, but this board is going to be in an uproar if she does. Then will pretend like y’all saw it coming. Lemonade vs. 25 all over again. lol

Profile picture
    flower boy
    Topics:

Summarizing Adele’s wins in commercial success is dumb. ’19’, two wins, one in the GF and one in the pop field. At that time the album hadn’t even reached the top 10 (#12) and ‘Chasing Pavements’ had peaked at #76.

In BNA, with the exception of Jazmine Sullivan, she was the most commercially vulnerable.

In Best Female Pop Vocal Performance all were better commercially: ‘Bleeding Love’ (Leona Lewis), ‘So What’ (P!nk), ‘I Kissed a Girl’ (Katy Perry), ‘Mercy’ (Duffy) and ‘Love Song’ (Sara Bareilles).

Almost the same wins as an inescapable album like SOUR. Adele’s crossover appeal is essential.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Adele is almost always going to get most of the over 40 year old white people votes. That is ultimately what continues to give her the edge every year she competes. While she still has enough appeal to the younger and non white demos to get a decent percentage of votes there. And she’s definitely commercially successful enough. All of that makes her a beast at the Grammys. And I don’t see that changing this year.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Also, “Easy on Me” will probably end the year in the top 10 on Billboard, just like “Hello” did. EOM is recurrent, but it’s still getting heavy airplay on AC and Hot AC station and will cross a billion streams on Spotify this week. It’s not “irrelevant.” It’s still very much ahead of “Break My Soul” (don’t even know why people think this could become the frontrunner).

Profile picture
    flower boy
    Topics:

‘Hello’ had a bigger cultural impact, but ‘Easy on Me’ had better chart-run. It’s her third biggest song on the Hot 100, just behind Rolling in the Deep and Someone Like You.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 581 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.