Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 6)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 581 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Monet Tejada
Munchi
  • Profile picture
    musiccisum
    Topics:

I can’t be the only one a little tired of these essays about how successful Harry Styles is, right?

I mean, isn’t that what this forum is about? to discuss the success of artists and therefore their chances at award shows? the “long essays” are the posts that actually contain some serious information and analysis.
    (I guess many people don‘t have an issue to read these things about their favourite artists but when it comes to other contenders some get “tired” real quick.)

so why not just ignore these posts or the whole thread, when you aren‘t interested in real discussions and (fact) exchanges?

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

I like a good resourceful read every now and then. It’s definitely better than the dumb inflammatory takes that add nothing to the discussion. The only point is that some of y’all are biased and omit things to fit your narrative. Which needs to be countered or cross checked so we can see the entire picture.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

I mean, isn’t that what this forum is about? to discuss the success of artists and therefore their chances at award shows? the “long essays” are the posts that actually contain some serious information and analysis. (I guess many people don‘t have an issue to read these things about their favourite artists but when it comes to other contenders some get “tired” real quick.) so why not just ignore these posts or the whole thread, when you aren‘t interested in real discussions and (fact) exchanges?

Didn’t read the essay beyond the first sentence but are people seriously changing their predictions because of the knowledge that Harry was actually Columbia’s highest earning artist and not Adele?

Everything Everywhere All At Once & Renaissance sweep truther

Profile picture
    Sunrise1981
    Topics:

To be honest, whatever happens on Billboard shouldn’t be taken into account if we remember that this year’s winner was an artist without big sales or a large fanbase. The only thing that matters in the end is how much the academy members liked the songs.

charts are for Billboard Music Awards, and large fan-bases are for American Music Awards and MTV Music Awards

Musicians peer voted awards (musicians/musical creators/song-writers etc) are for Grammy in the United States, Juno Award in Canada, Brits Award in the United Kingdom, Fryderyk  Award in Poland, Premios Odeon in Spain, Swiss Music Awards in Switzerland, Fonogram Award in Hungary, Echo Music Prize in Germany etc

Over the last 15-20 years in Grammy history,

mostly those albums or songs or artists who usually win in the Grammy’s General Field and in other categories have also won International Album or Songs  of the Year in other countries and other awards ( not just the fan voted) or had won Academy or Golden Globe.

Profile picture
    Melodies
    Topics:

This is impressive research actually but I don’t quite get your point. You think they will undercut Harry’s Grammy chances despite him making more money for the label?

Nope, I think the label will present both equally and let the voters decide.

Profile picture
    Melodies
    Topics:

Didn’t read the essay beyond the first sentence but are people seriously changing their predictions because of the knowledge that Harry was actually Columbia’s highest earning artist and not Adele?

The conclusion of the post you didn’t read was “I still think Adele will win”

And piece of advice: you can ignore users when you don’t like what they comment. There’s no need to be rude and bully someone and make them feel bad, especially when they did nothing to you. We could all benefit from being kinder…

Profile picture
    Melodies
    Topics:

The conclusion of the post you didn’t read was “I still think Adele will win”

And piece of advice: you can ignore users when you don’t like what they comment. There’s no need to be rude and bully someone and make them feel bad, especially when they did nothing to you. We could all benefit from being kinder…

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, this music forum is beyond delusional.  Adele going home emptyhanded… Get fucking real!

Harry Styles the frontrunner in Best Pop Solo Performance and Best Pop Vocal Album… Get fucking real!

Profile picture
    hessa_life
    Topics:

Honey, this music forum is beyond delusional. Adele going home emptyhanded… Get fucking real! Harry Styles the frontrunner in Best Pop Solo Performance and Best Pop Vocal Album… Get fucking real!

How about you get fucking real! I mean I don’t think Adele is going home empty handed, but what I truly believe is that Harry might actually be the front runner in the pop field and Adele could be the front runner in the general field. Maybe stop being bias and open your eyes more!

Stream “emails I can’t send” by Sabrina Carpenter!!

Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

Y’all!! Hold Me Closer by Elton John y Britney Spears winning Best Pop Duo or Group Performance.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

I hope Adele sweeps just for the shits.

Profile picture
    Melodies
    Topics:

I don’t think Harry is winning a single Grammy considering this year’s lineup… Adele is sweeping, most likely, but Bruno, Kendrick, and Beyoncé are all in line before him.

It’s not his fans being delusional here.

My entire point is that Stringer won’t deliberately sink his chances. That is all.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

There has to be legit reasons for voters to sway from Adele, and no one is providing them. It’s been a long enough time since she’s won AOTY. Her album was acclaimed. It was the biggest seller of last year. No one else has an album and image that will appease enough older white voters, and album well liked enough, that’s a big enough blockbuster to usurp Adele. I could see someone else winning Pop Album or maybe ROTY. But Adele is very much a comfortable frontrunner in the general field and pop categories.

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

Adele going empty-handed seems absolutely CRAZY, but I can see it. I think IF she falters in GF, it will be because of Pop voters “dropping” her.

Pop voters are notorious for dropping and picking people back up all the time. They are fickle. A great example is Gaga:
    2019 – ADORE her, clean sweep
    2020 – Ignore her in 2 categories (ARUTW was heavily predicted for solo line up, and while the top 4 in duo was locked, INLA was a pretty common #5 prediction)
    2021 – Give her Pop/Duo
    2022 – Snub her for a Pop/Duo win despite being frontrunner.

There are more examples with people like Ed Sheeran, Kelly Clarkson or even one-offs like Sam Smith (they were heavily predicted for TGAG in 2018) and Lil Nas X last year.

So, yes Adele going empty-handed, as absurd as it sounds, is on the cards if you think her losing GF is possible.

Profile picture
    xohours
    Topics:

must be a slow day, Adele is not getting snubbed or dropped by pop committee… her case and Gaga’s are completely different. this is like last year when ya were saying Ariana was old news and pop wouldn’t squeeze her in the noms. at least make it make sense

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 511 through 525 (of 581 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.