Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 6)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 581 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Monet Tejada
Munchi
  • Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Adele so far is winning one grammy purely because Beyoncé hasn’t dropped the Break My Soul video yet. However since Beyoncé is winning pop solo, pva, roty, soty and aoty, Adele will lose all those categories.

Everything Everywhere All At Once & Renaissance sweep truther

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

I wouldn’t have Kendrick involved in any conversation of winning in the GF.  His album is dead dead, the acclaim isn’t as pulpy as when it came out, and it’s more alienating than DAMN or TPAB were.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Who said anything about Kendrick winning in the GF?

I do think if he, Silk Sonic AND Beyoncé are nominated, I think a ton of votes will be split between them.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Who said anything about Kendrick winning in the GF? I do think if he, Silk Sonic AND Beyoncé are nominated, I think a ton of votes will be split between them.

I forgot to quote them but they said GF was between the usual suspects and he was one of them.

He’ll always have his altar of supporters within that field but I don’t think it’s that big of a hindrance to Beyonce or Silk Sonic. It’s basically zero eagerness for that album in terms of being any type of real threat except for the obligatory Rap wins it’ll get. Silk Sonic album bombed too (even harder) but at least they just swept and Bruno is a darling to cushion the blow.

Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

Beyonce can take pop voters away from Adele and Harry, as well as voters from possibly Lizzo, Kendrick, and Silk Sonic

Letterboxd: Brayfers

!! EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE - OUT NOW !!

FYC:
    - Severance
    - Euphoria
    - Stranger Things
    - Hacks
    - Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Beyonce can take pop voters away from Adele and Harry, as well as possibly Lizzo, Kendrick, and Silk Sonic

Bad Bunny’s coming!!!!

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

I’m not understanding the pearl clutching at the mere *idea* of Adele going goose-egg (nobody said she IS doing this. She’s more than likely not to) but then say with absolute certainty that she IS sweeping no matter what and have everything be fine. Yes, given her track record, that can very well happen but GD makes this same sensitive mistake year after year where treating possible big wins as early locks and it’s not just with the Grammys but with Oscars and Emmys too. Things change throughout a season that can alter a race. I mean, have we not learned from past awards seasons? It’s not a farce to say Adele can underperform given how 30 has been a commercial afterthought currently.

Underperform? Maybe. But lose AOTY, SOTY, Pop album, Pop performance? All of them? And in a year where there’s a lot of big names and mainstream contenders that are bound to split lots of votes? I just don’t see it. There’s not even a song or album this year that feels both big enough and Grammy friendly enough to point at as the obvious spoiler. I wouldn’t be shocked if she lost AOTY or one of the Pop categories. But it’s extremely unlikely she gets gets goose egged.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  Elton John and Britney Spears are NOT winning Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.  Elton is so 1975 and Britney is so 1999.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

I’m personally predicting an Adele sweep and will pretty much stick with it until something massive happens during nominations (unlikely) but this is her weakest lead for sure. She’s not going home empty handed but I can definitely see her faltering in AOTY and/or BPVA.

The reason? 30 isn’t as undeniable as 21 or 25 and yes, 25’s commercial success and impact made it undeniable. I do believe that Beyoncé being snubbed so hard in the past combined with the way her team is clearly strategising her releases with the Grammys clearly means she’s playing the game. She’s a frontrunner along with Adele.

I will be sticking with EOM in Pop Solo/ROTY/SOTY till the end. Not a song more Grammy bait-y than EOM.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, what in the Keri Hilson is happening in this thread!  Beyoncé is NOT winning Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best Pop Solo Performance.  She will be in Best Progressive R&B Album instead of Best Pop Vocal Album.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Honey, what in the Keri Hilson is happening in this thread! Beyoncé is NOT winning Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best Pop Solo Performance. She will be in Best Progressive R&B Album instead of Best Pop Vocal Album.

Just a reminder how everyone called you “crazy” when you predicted an Adele sweep six years ago. Ki.

Profile picture
    Sunrise1981
    Topics:

I actually think Adele’s safer in Pop Solo. “Easy on Me” had a better commercial reception than 30. I can see her continuing her streak there. Adele’s winter tour will be the determining factor when it comes to her Grammy chances.

I  definitely see Adele winning Grammy with Easy on Me. (not sure about the sweep in GF), ’cause of  split-voting

Profile picture
    Ant
    Topics:

Bey has one more category

Profile picture
    Steezy
    Topics:

Looks like Beyoncé and the Isley Brothers just gave us the frontrunner for Traditional R&B Performance.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Honey, what in the Keri Hilson is happening in this thread! Beyoncé is NOT winning Record of the Year, Album of the Year, Song of the Year, and Best Pop Solo Performance. She will be in Best Progressive R&B Album instead of Best Pop Vocal Album.

Gucci last year: drivers license is locked for SOTY! (BARF!)
    Me last year: Leave The Door Open will easily stomp on drivers license.

Gucci this year: Beyoncé has no chance at the sweep (BARF!)
    Me this year: The Beyoncé sweep is all but locked.

Stay woke goldderby!!!

Everything Everywhere All At Once & Renaissance sweep truther

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 581 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.