Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 6)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 581 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
P(oweR) Valley
Munchi

• theexterminator
    Topics:

The BNA nominees is SOOO DRY. I’m seriously considering that the only frontrunner for the Grammys BNA is Latto. MAYBE Dove Cameron or Gayle too…

Wet Leg

theeboywithlluv
    Topics:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think the new rules for BNA is if an artist or group has a big breakthrough within that year, then they can get nominated, regardless what year debuted. Glass Animals were nominated last year but debuted in 2010…

if that is the case then bts should’ve been nominated for BNA in 2020 when they got their first #1 or even last year they had the longest running #1 with butter…

PopGuy
    Topics:

All Too Well RECORD OF THE YEAR!!!

Congratulations to Grammy Winners: Jazmine Sullivan, Doja Cat, SZA and Olivia Rodrigo!

Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

The BNA nominees is SOOO DRY. I’m seriously considering that the only frontrunner for the Grammys BNA is Latto. MAYBE Dove Cameron or Gayle too…

Latto is probably leading BNA right now. There’s 0 competition in that category. It’s sad.

theeboywithlluv
    Topics:

Latto is probably leading BNA right now. There’s 0 competition in that category. It’s sad.

yeah that’s true but for example in 2020 doja has been winning BNA at every award show but lost to Megan at the grammys so wouldn’t be surprised sadly if Gayle won over Latto at the grammys which in my opinion think Latto deserves it more than anyone on that list but we’ll see who else gets nominated at the grammys since they changed the rules to 10 nominees each gf category but i still think Latto is frontrunner.

strangemercy
    Topics:

In my opinion, Zach Bryan is the frontrunner. We should keep that in mind. He’s in his breakthrough moment, he’s a good artist and will definitively not leave empty-handed –  Something In The Orange will win at least Best Country Song.

However, I could really see an ‘alt’ artist getting the award as well, such as Black Country, New Road or Wet Leg. It would be amazing. Wet Leg is an interesting shot – they’re getting praised by all ages, famous people (Elton John, Harry Styles, Obama), receiving good critics and their sound is much more mainstream than BC,NR, as an example. These girls could really be this year’s Japanese Breakfast and I’m here for it. (Oh, and there’s an important issue we haven’t discussed yet! BC,NR’s vocalist and composer is leaving the band. Maybe they’ll just get that Best Engineered Album nom and that’s it).

Latto will for sure be nominated, but she’s not the kinda new artist the Recording Academy would award. Muni Long and Anitta are also probably in – both of them are great, had hit songs and have important connections in the industry.

FLO is another interesting group that are getting praised and could be nominated. I personally think they’re happening, just not this year.

As for Conan, Harlow, Joji and Tems, I don’t think they’re eligible (and should not be). The pop girlies Dove, GAYLE and Tate are also not getting in.

Finally, not to be rude, but please, Latto and GAYLE are not the only new artists out there. There’s a lot of talented people around and I’m sure you could get into someone not that mainstream. 🥰

Best New Artist Predictions

– Anitta
    – Black Country, New Road
    – Fivio Foreign
    – Gracie Abrams
    – Latto
    – The Marías
    – Muni Long
    – Summer Walker
    – Wet Leg
    – Zach Bryan

jjjmoss
    Topics:

bad bunny coming for a 7th week at #1.

more than that british lady, whew!

Rich Thot
    Topics:

bad bunny coming for a 7th week at #1. more than that british lady, whew!

That British lady still has the biggest selling album of last year. Y’all keep talking about that album like it was a flop. It simply had no stability. But yes, Bad Bunny is nothing to play with.

Bridgers13
    Topics:

That person has some one sided beef with Adele. Taylor is the only successfull woman allowed apparently. Imagine if/when the British lady sweeps the GF again.

Goldwing
    Topics:

I feel like we’re going to have an Esperanza Spalding moment again. The Grammys don’t give the award to the trendy artist of the day with catchy songs unless they have critical backing like Billie or Olivia. But we also had the case of Meghan Trainor which destroys everything I just said up there so we’ll see.

Hi.

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Meghan Trainor won Best New Artist against a bunch of nobodies.  Since there is no hugely successful Olivia Rodrigo-type, the category is wide open.

P(oweR) Valley
    Topics:

That person has some one sided beef with Adele. Taylor is the only successfull woman allowed apparently. Imagine if/when the British lady sweeps the GF again.

He’s also a weirdo obsessed with arbitrary statistics. He does the same thing on other pop forums. Probably like 40 years old.

soltseven
    Topics:

Apparently, Renaissance Act I has leaked. I did not hear it but people seem to be enjoying it.

It’s time to let go of this endless summer afternoon

Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

At this point, I’m willing to forget about the whole ‘they’ve been around for ages’ thing and let Summer Walker win Best New Artist. Still Over It was amazing and she deserves.

Failing that, give it to Ari Lennox.

Kai
    Topics:

I enjoyed Renaissance, but this won’t come close to winning AOTY. It is far too gay. And not gay as in Dua’d dance-pop, but like drag queens, vogueing, Billy Porter on Pose type-shit. It bops!… but Grammy voters will be turned off.

I also think it has no choice but to go Pop Vocal. It in Progressive would be serious fraud, it is more rap than R&B.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 581 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.