Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 633 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Boz
strangemercy
  • Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Anitta + Best New Artist = NOT happening

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

God, I only wish Omar Apollo gets that Best New Artist nomination! His album was already amazing, but the deluxe version is even better.

omar apollo can get it heheheheheheh

Top 15 Albums of 2022 to understand my music taste lol slay

Ants From Up There
    Bronco
    CAPRISONGS
    Dawn FM
    Diaspora Problems
    Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe in You
    Harry's House
    Hellfire
    Ivory
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    MOTOMAMI
    Melt My Eyez See My Future
    Once Twice Melody
    Preacher's Daughter
    RENAISSANCE

Everything Everywhere All At Once for Best Picture
    Severance for Outstanding Drama Series

Profile picture
    strangemercy
    Topics:

BNA is so dry, they can nominate anyone really at this point. If Paul gives an idea on how the BNA ballot looks like then it’ll help us make more accurate predictions.

Who’s Paul?

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

omar apollo can get it heheheheheheh

In all seriousness, as a gay Latino boy, I hope to see Omar Apollo in BNA. Him in music is definitely record defying and needed to represented within the mainstream.

Ants From Up There
    Bronco
    CAPRISONGS
    Dawn FM
    Diaspora Problems
    Harry's House
    Hellfire
    Ivory
    MOTOMAMI
    Once Twice Melody
    Preacher's Daughter
    RENAISSANCE

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I also would love to see Kate Bush to get out of the shadows and present Album of the Year.

Ants From Up There
    Bronco
    CAPRISONGS
    Dawn FM
    Diaspora Problems
    Harry's House
    Hellfire
    Ivory
    MOTOMAMI
    Once Twice Melody
    Preacher's Daughter
    RENAISSANCE

Profile picture
    KaRol
    Topics:

i wonder what are the frontrunners in the Dance/Electronic field…
    i thought that The Chemical Brothers’ The Darkness That You Fear has a chance, but just checked it is ineligible due to its release date as a single

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Who’s Paul?

Paul Grein

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Just saw that Depeche Mode does not have a fucking Grammy. Fuck that dude 

Ants From Up There
    Bronco
    CAPRISONGS
    Dawn FM
    Diaspora Problems
    Harry's House
    Hellfire
    Ivory
    MOTOMAMI
    Once Twice Melody
    Preacher's Daughter
    RENAISSANCE

Profile picture
    fabcjr
    Topics:

The certainty in anitta in the best new artist category is simply because she fits into it. He released a debut album, played a show on Coachella, won a wax figure at Madame Tussauds, scored a top 70 hit on the Billboard hot 100 for 6 weeks and had the notoriety that the Grammy requires to be nominated in this category.

And another certainty is because the label made her registration last year only in ”best new artist” and the committee accepted and said that she was 100% within the rules to compete in this category. with Billboard reporting.

Profile picture
    strangemercy
    Topics:

I’m predicting Anitta, but she is definitely not a lock in the category. Her English songs didn’t make much noise outside Brazil, and I don’t think she would be nominated for the Spanish ones. She would be getting nominated for having a (good) hit (Envolver) + her popularity at the moment. She’s talented and I like her, but I also can’t see her future projects being nominated.

Also, just because her name is at the top of the ballot it doesn’t mean she’ll get nominated – Ava Max wasn’t.

Profile picture
    fabcjr
    Topics:

You don’t even know what the future holds for her, girl.

You can’t even compare Anitta to Ava Max. Anitta in my point of view is an event. Where she comes from, what she’s doing for me there’s no other doing. And I’m not even a fan, I only see things on the outside. Everything is a matter of impacting the culture, even if it is not at the top of the charts.

The last Brazilians who were featured in Best New Artist, Record of the Year and Album of the year were in 1965 Tom Jobim, João Gilberto and Astrud Gilberto. They won 4 Grammys that year, two of them from the Big Four Album of the year(Getz/Gilberto featuring Tom Jobim Album) and Record of The Year(Girl From Ipanema)

Anitta’s nomination is part of the continuity of a legacy, it goes far beyond anything.

On This Day: The GETZ / GILBERTO Grammys

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Honestly, Kate Bush needs to release a live version or something of “Running Up The Hill” and snatch BPSP.

Profile picture
    strangemercy
    Topics:

You don’t even know what the future holds for her, girl. You can’t even compare Anitta to Ava Max. https://www.ctproduced.com/on-this-day-the-getz-gilberto-grammys/embed/#?secret=85Xx3MDw01#?secret=E88kQF7DsA

Yes, you’re right. But based on her latest Versions Of Me record, I can’t see her being nominated in the future with the sound she’s currently making. It’s personal, tho. And I’m not comparing Anitta to Ava – I’m talking about their positions in the ballot.

Anitta in my point of view is an event. Where she comes from, what she’s doing for me there’s no other doing. And I’m not even a fan, I only see things on the outside. Everything is a matter of impacting the culture, even if it is not at the top of the charts. The last Brazilians who were featured in Best New Artist, Record of the Year and Album of the year were in 1965 Tom Jobim, João Gilberto and Astrud Gilberto. They won 4 Grammys that year, two of them from the Big Four Album of the year(Getz/Gilberto featuring Tom Jobim Album) and Record of The Year(Girl From Ipanema) Anitta’s nomination is part of the continuity of a legacy, it goes far beyond anything.

Honestly, I don’t agree. It may sound conservative, but comparing Anitta to Tom Jobim, João Gilberto and Astrud Gilberto is madness. And I’m not even saying she’s not talented – but they are completely different talented artists. Regardless of being Brazilians.

I totally get the “continuity of legacy” part, but being realistic, I’ve heard countless times people saying they didn’t know she was Brazilian. I like her as an artist and as a person, but do you really think she’s the one bringing Brazil’s culture to the world? She may be the most famous Brazilian artist at the moment, but I don’t think she’s known by her culture and nationality.

If she gets nominated –  which I hope so – It will be because of her worldwide talent, her latest hit, Envolver, and her popularity.

Profile picture
    Che
    Topics:

Anitta is not even taken seriously in her own home country, so I doubt American voters will. The only factor in her favor is alphabetical advantage.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  Kate Bush would NOT snatch Best Pop Solo Performance over Adele.  Plus, that song is crappy.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 633 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.