Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 633 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Boz
strangemercy
  • Profile picture
    Radiogagahead
    Topics:

Current top 3 predictions – lmk if any of these have been deemed ineligible. Right now I have 9/10 repeating in ROTY and SOTY, which I know likely won’t happen but I’m struggling.

AOTY
    30 – Adele
    An Evening with Silk Sonic – Silk Sonic
    Harry’s House – Harry Styles
    I Don’t Live Here Anymore – The War on Drugs
    In These Silent Days – Brandi Carlile
    Mr. Morale and the Big Steppers – Kendrick Lamar
    Raise the Roof – Alison Krauss & Robert Plant
    Renaissance – Beyonce
    Special – Lizzo
    Un Verano Sin Ti – Bad Bunny

ROTY
    “About Damn Time” – Lizzo
    “All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor’s Version)” – Taylor Swift
    “As It Was” – Harry Styles
    “Bad Habit” – Steve Lacy
    “Break My Soul” – Beyonce
    “Broken Horses” – Brandi Carlile
    “Easy on Me” – Adele
    “Smokin Out the Window” – Silk Sonic
    “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” – Encanto Cast
    +
    “Big Energy” – Latto

SOTY
    “About Damn Time” – Lizzo
    “All Too Well (10 Minute Version) (Taylor’s Version)” – Taylor Swift
    “As It Was” – Harry Styles
    “Bad Habit” – Steve Lacy
    “Break My Soul” – Beyonce
    “Broken Horses” – Brandi Carlile
    “Easy on Me” – Adele
    “Smokin Out the Window” – Silk Sonic
    “We Don’t Talk About Bruno” – Encanto Cast
    +
    “Glimpse of Us” – Joji

Profile picture
    korthicke
    Topics:

i think this grammy cycle, beyonce no doubt will beat or tie the record for most grammy wins. all she needs is 3 to tie and 4 to beat it. she’s winning the album category she submits in (unless it’s pop), depending on what visuals she releases she’ll most likely win for music video…unless music film then it’s a 50/50 shot because of taylor swift. lastly, i can’t see her NOT win in an r&b category.

99% chance win:
    dance or progressive r&b album, music video, & r&b performance (3 wins/2 wins if not in MV)

solid maybe’s:
    AOY, dance recording, music film, r&b song, & traditional r&b (3-7 wins if you add the 99% chance wins)

probably not winning, would be shocked:

ROY, SOTY, pop solo, & song for visual media

not sure if eligible/if she’d submit but still won’t win:

Producer (pushing it), Melodic Rap, & Pop Duo (ok actually could win lol), &

all in all i’m pretty sure she’ll land 9-12 noms and 3-7 wins

Profile picture
    korthicke
    Topics:

AOY: renaissance—should win: renaissance

ROY: Easy on Me—should win: As It Was

SOY: Easy on Me—should win: Easy on Me

BNA: Latto—should win: meh..but if summer walker is nominated she’ll win/should win.

Profile picture
    strangemercy
    Topics:

Record Of The Year: Easy On Me (Adele) | Should win: Easy On Me (Adele)

Album Of The Year: An Evening With Silk Sonic (Silk Sonic) | Should win: Motomami (Rosalía)

Song Of The Year: Easy On Me (Adele) | Should win: Easy On Me (Adele)

Best New Artist: Zach Bryan | Should win: Black Country, New Road

Profile picture
    fabcjr
    Topics:

If you really knew the history of these 2 artists (Tom and João) you would know what I’m talking about when I quoted them. I didn’t make a comparison, I just mentioned that they were the last Brazilians to be in this category and that anitta if it were indicated she would continue. Since on her album there is a sample/rereading of a song that won a record of the year/album of the year that is Girl From Ipanema. It’s all connected. The family of deceased artists has a connection with her. That’s what I meant.

It wasn’t a thermometer to measure talent. It was just to say that she is 100% connected with the purpose of those mentioned

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:
    1. That BTS song with Benny Blanco & Snoop Dogg doesn’t stand a chance in BPD/GP. They should stick to My Universe cause Coldplay will always get nominated in weak years and they can pull a Rain On Me kind of win if there isn’t any bigger hit by a household name in contention. Pop voters will always namecheck.
    2. Anitta is only being predicted in BNA because of her ballot position, the extremely weak competition in the category and most importantly the fact that she’s still eligible despite being so established. She doesn’t have the industry credit to crossover around the world like ROSALÍA & Shakira, let alone the artistic chops to create anything comparable to “The Girl From Ipanema”. Let’s not compare her to any legends.
    3. Ava Max is not in the top of the ballot. That’s why she has yet to land a Noah Cyrus/Alessia Cara-esque “well we ran out of names, I guess it’s finally her time” nomination. It’s funny cause Cara did go on to win due to having the biggest name (cause she wasn’t new), being the safest choice and also SZA, Khalid and Uzi splitting votes. lmao
    Profile picture
    strangemercy
    Topics:

I didn’t know the ballot worked that way! Thank you. Then, Omar Apollo really has a shot! 😊

How does the ballot works in album/song categories? The same way, and then the album/song’s name?

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I didn’t know the ballot worked that way! Thank you. Then, Omar Apollo really has a shot! 😊

How does the ballot works in album/song categories? The same way, and then the album/song’s name?

For performance categories, ROTY, and BNA, it goes by artist last name or name depending on whether they have a last name or not. For example, Ariana Grande is under G, but Doja Cat is under D. Numerical names go by the first letter of the number, so 21 Savage is under “T”.

For songwriting categories, it goes by song name.

Good to mention that articles (“the”, “a”, “an”) don’t get counted in any case, so The Weeknd is W, The 1975 is N, and “A Beautiful Noise” is B.

Profile picture
    flower boy
    Topics:

Adele on the covers of ELLE Magazine UK & US. She confirmed “at least” another music video from 30.

Profile picture
    strangemercy
    Topics:

For performance categories, ROTY, and BNA, it goes by artist last name or name depending on whether they have a last name or not. For example, Ariana Grande is under G, but Doja Cat is under D. Numerical names go by the first letter of the number, so 21 Savage is under “T”. For songwriting categories, it goes by song name. Good to mention that articles (“the”, “a”, “an”) don’t get counted in any case, so The Weeknd is W, The 1975 is N, and “A Beautiful Noise” is B.

Oh, ok. Correct me if I’m wrong:

Black Country, New Road is under B; Muni Long is under L; Remi Wolf is under R; Summer Walker and Wet Leg are under W.

Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

Adele on the covers of ELLE Magazine UK & US. She confirmed “at least” another music video from 30.

She did mention something about the “I Drink Wine” mv inspiring some Halloween costumes. Can’t wait!

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Oh, ok. Correct me if I’m wrong:

Black Country, New Road is under B; Muni Long is under L; Remi Wolf is under R; Summer Walker and Wet Leg are under W.

IDK about Muni Long cuz I’m not sure if her name will be treated like Post Malone (who gets billied under M) or Lady Gaga/Doja Cat (L/D). Also I assume Remi Wolf is W since that is her actual name.

Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Honestly, Kate Bush needs to release a live version or something of “Running Up The Hill” and snatch BPSP.

OR release a remix featuring Harry Styles to submit in BPDGP. That’d be an easier win.

Profile picture
    CheChe70
    Topics:

Running Up That Hill is almost 40 years old it is not being nominated for anything lol 😭

Profile picture
    keatonzab
    Topics:

Sunroof’s shaping up to be a big hit, so future Duo/group nom?

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 633 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.