Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 633 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Boz
strangemercy
  • Profile picture
    fabcjr
    Topics:

Lizzo won solo pop with truth hurts in 2019. Lizzo is a girl who can gain pop and r&b and nothing prevents it from happening again. She can also win best music video for her amazing video! You greatly underestimate the new artists because of the already established artists

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Silk Sonic’s album is long forgotten.  They are NOT winning Album of the Year.  Let us all rejoice!

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

Relax man. I don’t want Adele to sweep but floods are annoying. Also don’t underestimate Kendrick Lamar and Brandi Carlile in full of pop line-up.

I got you stuck in the realness

Profile picture
    Fleur
    Topics:

if you had to make a list of locked nominations, what would it be ?

Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

To me, Adele, Beyoncé, Harry, Lizzo and Silk Sonic are all locked for the GF. Kinda in doubt about Kendrick getting into both SOTY and ROTY now but he’s locked for AOTY.

Profile picture
    Radiogagahead
    Topics:

I think Beyonce vs. Adele will largely be determined by their fall singles. I know that’s just one marker, but I’m interested to see if “I Drink Wine” does well with promotion, and how successful a single like “Cuff It” could be. If Adele doesn’t get another hit, the era will largely be remembered for “Easy On Me,” while Beyonce is already starting off with a hit that has peaked higher than any of her singles off of self-titled or Lemonade.

IMO both of their lead singles were far from their albums’ best songs… Adele should be winning song awards for “To Be Loved.”

Profile picture
    strangemercy
    Topics:

You greatly underestimate the new artists because of the already established artists

Please, that’s not true. Lizzo’s (which is not a new artist) album wasn’t that much of a thing and there are better/more popular songs than About Damn Time. I’m not “underestimating new artists”, I’m making predictions.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Y’all are being delusional with these ROTY/SOTY split predictions.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

if you had to make a list of locked nominations, what would it be ?

Adele, Beyoncé, Brandi and Harry are locked in all three categories. Pretty confident on Kendrick and Silk Sonic as well in AOTY but I can see a scenario where there’s a weird miss because of how frontloaded both were. ROTY/SOTY is iffy for both as well with Kendrick being more vulnerable.

About Damn Time is locked for SOTY. All Too Well is locked (yes) for SOTY if it’s eligible.

No real locks for Best New Artist but I’d be surprised if Latto misses.

Everything Everywhere All At Once & Renaissance sweep truther

Profile picture
    fabcjr
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Relax, we’re just arguing without obligation. Enjoy the moment. You don’t need to put your heart into it</p>

Profile picture
    strangemercy
    Topics:

For performance categories, ROTY, and BNA, it goes by artist last name or name depending on whether they have a last name or not. For example, Ariana Grande is under G, but Doja Cat is under D. Numerical names go by the first letter of the number, so 21 Savage is under “T”. For songwriting categories, it goes by song name. Good to mention that articles (“the”, “a”, “an”) don’t get counted in any case, so The Weeknd is W, The 1975 is N, and “A Beautiful Noise” is B.

What about album categories?

Profile picture
    GD
    Topics:

Beyonce’s Renaissance plummeted -73% for the second week for a #3 on the Billboard 200… I don’t think her album will have enought longevity to win AOTY

Profile picture
    flower boy
    Topics:

This narrative that 30 is “more of the same” can only be defended by those who haven’t heard the whole album. It’s just not true.

Profile picture
    HaimOnRye
    Topics:

OR release a remix featuring Harry Styles to submit in BPDGP. That’d be an easier win.

lol this is so random

Profile picture
    HaimOnRye
    Topics:

Harry is yet to have a remix or a collaboration in his solo career.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 633 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.