Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 633 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Boz
strangemercy
  • Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

I love how everyone is finally speaking their mind or agreeing with posts that speak their minds.

If Beyoncé wins Adele, we know users who should be getting a reality check.

If Beyoncé loses to Adele, we know who should be humbled. No comebacks for anyone.

Should Harry or Brandi win, we know users who should be heeded more.

Should Kendrick win, we’ll see who’s gonna pretend they rooted for him first. Only 2/3 users genuinely do.

Judgment day is coming. Only users who carefully weighed every possibility will not be called out irrespective of outcome.

Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

In my opinion Adele deserves to win only Song Of The Year and Best Pop Vocal Album. Harry Styles should win Record Of The Year and Best Pop Solo Performance. Beyonce should win Album Of The Year.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

I love how everyone is finally speaking their mind or agreeing with posts that speak their minds. If Beyoncé wins Adele, we know users who should be getting a reality check. If Beyoncé loses to Adele, we know who should be humbled. No comebacks for anyone. Should Harry or Brandi win, we know users who should be heeded more. Should Kendrick win, we’ll see who’s gonna pretend they rooted for him first. Only 2/3 users genuinely do. Judgment day is coming. Only users who carefully weighed every possibility will not be called out irrespective of outcome.

It’s never that serious. While folks will be arguing about almost the exact scenarios two or three years from now. That’s just how it goes.

Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

Watch Silk Sonic win now lmao Probably one of the only outcomes I’d be disappointed about.

Profile picture
    Goldwing
    Topics:

At this point I just hope Kendrick wins SOTY with The Heart 🙁 I don’t care what happens with the rest.

Hi.

Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

To give perspective on why the “30 is only an underperformance by Adele standards” argument isn’t true, here are where some albums widely considered to be flop eras are currently charting:

#51: Dawn FM
    #54: Happier Than Ever
    #123: Reputation (keep in mind that this was released 4 years before 30)

And here’s where 30 currently is:
    #141: 30

Other albums also outcharting it include the Sing 2 Soundtrack, Country Stuff: The Album by Walker Hayes, and Pitbull’s Greatest Hits album.

Now obviously there is an argument that voters have previously overlooked Adele’s chart success with Chasing Pavements and there’s no real guarantee that they won’t just do the same with 30. However, it is just my almost entirely baseless opinion that an album that’s already this forgotten is going to struggle to get the sweep I once thought was all but guaranteed.

Trolling aside, I think EOM is still the frontrunner for ROTY/SOTY but I really think Renaissance is taking AOTY. You can argue that true gf splits are rare and all but that last true split involved Beyoncé so who’s to say the  next true split won’t involve her as well?

Everything Everywhere All At Once & Renaissance sweep truther

Profile picture
    GrammyLoser
    Topics:

To give perspective on why the “30 is only an underperformance by Adele standards” argument isn’t true, here are where some albums widely considered to be flop eras are currently charting: #51: Dawn FM #54: Happier Than Ever #123: Reputation (keep in mind that this was released 4 years before 30) And here’s where 30 currently is: #141: 30 Other albums also outcharting it include the Sing 2 Soundtrack, Country Stuff: The Album by Walker Hayes, and Pitbull’s Greatest Hits album. Now obviously there is an argument that voters have previously overlooked Adele’s chart success with Chasing Pavements and there’s no real guarantee that they won’t just do the same with 30. However, it is just my almost entirely baseless opinion that an album that’s already this forgotten is going to struggle to get the sweep I once thought was all but guaranteed. Trolling aside, I think EOM is still the frontrunner for ROTY/SOTY but I really think Renaissance is taking AOTY. You can argue that true gf splits are rare and all but that last true split involved Beyoncé so who’s to say the next true split won’t involve her as well?

okay… lol

US albums chart preview (via @HITSDD):
    #1 Bad Bunny (@sanbenito) 107K
    #2 YoungBoy Never Broke Again 102K
    #3 @Beyonce 90K
    #4 @MorganWallen 48K
    #5 @Eminem 44K

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Candidates for “Beyoncé’s Best Dance/Electronic Recording submission”

Profile picture
    Kai
    Topics:

Everyone else arguing Adele vs. Beyoncé while us real intellects predict Brandi, I fear!

Profile picture
    Steezy
    Topics:

Beyoncé could get R&B, Dance, and Pop nominations. That’s exciting.

And she could also become the most awarded artist ever at the Grammys with Renaissance.

It must hurt to know that this institution that some of these haters dedicate all their time predicting and talking about is on the verge of making Beyoncé their most awarded artist ever LOL

Profile picture
    Mrostamen
    Topics:

renaissance begins its free fall))) no one has heard this album except the fans, it has already been forgotten.

and yet, this is not the album of the year, there is not even a hint of the album of the year in it, it is not perceived as the album of the year, no one will vote for it.

in the final race, Renaissance is in 5th-6th place.

I wrote the facts, you wrote the fanatic’s dreams

Profile picture
    Steezy
    Topics:

Not the haters making accounts and their first posts all for Beyoncé lmao

Anyway, here’s the new front runner for Best Traditional R&B Performance. It looks like The Isley Brothers will be pushing this collab hard.

And it’s going to be on heavy rotation on Urban AC radio too.

She’s taking it.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I would love to see a scenario where Beyoncé wins Best Dance/Electronic Recording while Arca wins Dance/Electronic Album for Kick III

Top 15 Albums of 2022 to understand my music taste lol slay

Ants From Up There
    Bronco
    CAPRISONGS
    Dawn FM
    Diaspora Problems
    Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe in You
    Harry's House
    Hellfire
    Ivory
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    MOTOMAMI
    Melt My Eyez See My Future
    Once Twice Melody
    Preacher's Daughter
    RENAISSANCE

Everything Everywhere All At Once for Best Picture
    Severance for Outstanding Drama Series

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Literally nobody would be surprised if Adele sweeps. That’s the default considering her Grammy history. The real kii would be Grammy voters surprising everyone and having a different choice for once. Like Jon Batiste this year. Everyone loves a good underdog story.

InB4 somebody tries to act smart and says he got nominated everywhere. Yes, we’re all aware that his noms showed cross genre support but as evident by everyone’s very public noms predictions and publication predictions, he truly caught everyone by surprise.

I’d personally like to see this happen again, even if I’m predicting Adele, just for the novelty. Three sweeps for Adele seems awfully boring. EOM is a great song though, I’ll give her that.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Personal Winners:

AOTY: RENAISSANCE ~ Beyoncé (RU: 30~ Adele)

ROTY: As It Was~ Harry Styles (RU: Easy On Me ~ Adele)

SOTY: The Heart Part V~ Kendrick Lamar (RU: Easy On Me ~ Adele)

BNA: Black Country New Road (RU: Latto)

Best Pop Solo Performance: Easy On Me ~ Adele

Best Pop Duo Group Performance: We Don’t Talk About Bruno

Best Pop Vocal Album: 30 ~ Adele

Best R&B Song: Smoking Out the Window~ Silk Sonic

Best R&B Album: An Evening With Silk Sonic ~ Silk Sonic

Best Progressive R&B Album: RENAISSANCE ~ Beyoncé

Best Rap Song: The Heart Part V~ Kendrick Lamar

Best Melodic Rap Performance: N95~ Kendrick Lamar

Best Rap Album: Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers ~ Kendrick Lamar

Best Music Video: As It Was~ Harry Styles

Best Alternative Album: Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe In You~ Big Thief

Best Alternative Performance: Simulation Swarm ~ Big Thief

Best Rock Album: Diaspora Problems ~ Soul Glo

Best Dance/Electronic Album: Kick III~ Arca

Best Dance/Electronic Recording: Pure/Honey~ Beyoncé

Best Song for Visual Media: Vegas~ Doja Cat

Top 15 Albums of 2022 to understand my music taste lol slay

Ants From Up There
    Bronco
    CAPRISONGS
    Dawn FM
    Diaspora Problems
    Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe in You
    Harry's House
    Hellfire
    Ivory
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    MOTOMAMI
    Melt My Eyez See My Future
    Once Twice Melody
    Preacher's Daughter
    RENAISSANCE

Everything Everywhere All At Once for Best Picture
    Severance for Outstanding Drama Series

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 633 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.