Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 633 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Boz
strangemercy
  • Profile picture
    haimclub
    Topics:

So long following this award and still think they vote for production in ROTY lol

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Lizzo is so vulnerable this time. A lot of her votes will be taken away.

Plus, she’s no longer in her “rookie year.” I feel she will suffer the same fate as Lil Nas X and Billie Eilish, where they did well in their debut years, but then faltered in their successful sophomore years at the Grammys.

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

Every time Adele took everything, it was because her album dominated from release to Grammy Day and she didn’t even tour. The performance of 30 lasted less than 6 months. If there really is justice in this world, voters will pay close attention when voting.

Honestly, if Adele does manage a full sweep, it will be because she is the “safe pick” for the older white voters that the academy largely consists of. End of story. There’s hardly been any variation and innovation in her albums. It’s all more or less the same.

It’s been years since 25 so nobody really knows if the academy is stanning for her the way they did in the past. Look what happened last year with AOTY. She obviously won’t go home empty handed but I really do think she will slip up in at least one category. Silk Sonic is a serious threat for her in AOTY.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Jon Batiste’s list of credits are way shorter than Beyoncé’s long ass list.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Silk Sonic is still in the race for AOTY. It’s definitely a musician’s album, much like Jon Batiste’s. It’s one that appeals to musicians, producers, mixers, songwriters, old, young, in between, etc.

I’m just going to be honest and say that I’m not convinced Beyoncé is as big of a threat to win AOTY as everyone else believes. We’ve seen this tale with Gaga, Kendrick, Kanye and Mariah before.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Plus, she’s no longer in her “rookie year.” I feel she will suffer the same fate as Lil Nas X and Billie Eilish, where they did well in their debut years, but then faltered in their successful sophomore years at the Grammys.

It’ll be worse because Special probably won’t get in any categories and she has much less of a chart presence than Billie or Lil Nas did

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Lizzo is going home empty-handed. 😭 😩

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Beyoncé having writing camps will truly be a non factor. In fact, maybe it is a positive thing since a lot of those songwriters, producers, and engineers are also Recording Academy voters. Also, look at what won a couple months ago: I highly doubt they care about stuff like that. No one doubts Beyoncé’s artistry anyways, specially not the voting body that has given her 28 wins.

I feel Beyoncé’s team probably uses more contributors than necessary based on this reasoning.

But it doesn’t seem to be working in the GF, Oscars, Emmys or in non-r&b/rap.

1 GF win in 25yrs with 10 eras (including with DS) honestly isn’t impressive. Only 7 wins out of 37 non-r&b/rap noms.

H.E.R and Jon both won Oscars on their first attempts, both won Billie in the GF while Bey lost to Billie in both even after countless trials, so it’s likely not a racial thing.

Beyond fan-voted and community-backed awards, Beyoncé just doesn’t perform well at awards decided by her peers and I don’t know why.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

And if Beyonce loses, it won’t be mainly cause of it having a lot of credited writers (I’ve never bought that as the primary component for any of her losses). It will be because Renaissance’s material is polarising against the safety net that is 30. That’s literally it. She could make a 24k Magic-esque album with a similar amount of writers and have her chances increase just cause of that.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Besides less swearing, Bruno has gone clean sheet with smutty lyrics. 24K Magic is in fact sexual.

It’s sexual but nostalgic. Bruno’s essence gives a lot of people that ecletic feel of a throwback to their favorite black (which is ironic, considering that he isn’t black in any capacity) artists from the 70s/80s. That’s why he’s a safety net for voters now after years of losing constantly.

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

I feel Beyoncé’s team probably uses more contributors than necessary based on this reasoning.

But it doesn’t seem to be working in the GF, Oscars, Emmys or in non-r&b/rap.

1 GF win in 25yrs with 10 eras (including with DS) honestly isn’t impressive. Only 7 wins out of 37 non-r&b/rap noms.

H.E.R and Jon both won Oscars on their first attempts, both won Billie in the GF while Bey lost to Billie in both even after countless trials, so it’s likely not a racial thing.

Beyond fan-voted and community-backed awards, Beyoncé just doesn’t perform well at awards decided by her peers and I don’t know why.

Totally agree with Bee. I’ll add that Beyonce is often seen as more of a performer than an “artist” or musician. A big part of that is not only the excessive writers but also the TYPE of music she sings. It’s not as “accessible” to her peers. As Bee said, a great example is 24k magic. Bruno won regardless of writers because the music really resonated with voters and the general public due to the throwback funk vibes. If Beyonce made an album that REALLY resonated with the general public, she might have a shot at winning AOTY.

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Totally agree with Bee. I’ll add that Beyonce is often seen as more of a performer than an “artist” or musician. A big part of that is not only the excessive writers but also the TYPE of music she sings. It’s not as “accessible” to her peers. As Bee said, a great example is 24k magic. Bruno won regardless of writers because the music really resonated with voters and the general public due to the throwback funk vibes. If Beyonce made an album that REALLY resonated with the general public, she might have a shot at winning AOTY.

It’s why IASF is still the closest she’s ever been to winning. As basic as it is, it’s still her most accessible work and I reckon R&B and Pop voters showed out for her. Now, I think Renaissance will get its passion votes since it is still very much the most acclaimed record of the contenders and I think has a bit of a better chance than Lemonade because I can see it having more branch support. Whether that equals to a win, I don’t know. Mainly because Adele will still have those Pop/maybe Classical voters on her side.

Profile picture
    K4AIROS
    Topics:

As much as I love About Damn Time, I’m not too sure that it’ll win anything. Easy On Me will probably win.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

WE ARE is almost an album by musicians for musicians. That’s the appeal of Jon Batiste. It’s not comparable.

The hell this has to do with liner notes? I just said that We Are has a lot of credited people, like Renaissance.

Listen, whether you think Beyoncé is or isn’t a factor I frankly could not be bothered, but saying she will lose because voters will be offput by her credits is borderline moronic.

Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Nah EOM is long forgotten and will be even more forgotten by pop voters next year. AIW is the bigger hit, the more current, definitive song of the summer and the anthem of 2022. Bye2 Adele sweep.

This “forgotten” narrative is the most overused & laziest argument on the forum. It shows some here either have short attention spans or simply can’t justify their own bias.

A song that spent 10 weeks at #1 isn’t “forgotten”, like c’mon.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 633 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.