Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 633 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Boz
strangemercy
  • Profile picture
    Fleur
    Topics:

Anyone would have a link to the discord?

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  I Am… Sasha Fierce is NOT the closest Beyoncé came to winning Album of the Year.

Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Get real! I Am… Sasha Fierce is NOT the closest Beyoncé came to winning Album of the Year.

It kind of is. The album went 6/10 that year. Had “Single Ladies” been submitted in ROTY & BMV Beyoncé might’ve tied MJ’s record.

Profile picture
    Huerco
    Topics:

Get real! I Am… Sasha Fierce is NOT the closest Beyoncé came to winning Album of the Year.

Of course it is. She won 6 Grammys that night, including Song Of The Year and Best Female Pop Solo Performance. She was so winning and Taylor probably won because Beyonce had split the votes with Lady Gaga.

Profile picture
    Opium
    Topics:

Baptiste won in a very weak year and he’s definitely perceived like a different artist from Beyoncé, last year he won an Oscar for Original score, that alone put more credibility on him as musician-artist than whatever Beyoncé did in her entire career.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

WE ARE is almost an album by musicians for musicians. That’s the appeal of Jon Batiste. It’s not comparable.

Beyonce is viewed as a “pop star”. So, there are double standards compared to an instruments playing male, “soul” musician. However, once again, why are y’all so desperate to make this songwriting/sample stuff the biggest thing holding back Beyoncé from winning AOTY? If that’s all there was she’d likely be the front-runner. Adele is the biggest reason she’s not winning. Then there’s the amount of cursing on the album, that at least half of the songs are very sexual, that the album is so overtly “queer”. Those are the main reasons she’s not winning AOTY. All the rest of it just makes it even more difficult.

Lizzo was never gonna win anything this year.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, the main reason Beyoncé continues to lose Album of the Year is due to being black.  Old white voters from Nebraska, Utah, and Wyoming are NOT voting for her.

Profile picture
    Sunrise1981
    Topics:

WE ARE is almost an album by musicians for musicians. That’s the appeal of Jon Batiste. It’s not comparable.

what exactly do you mean by this?

Profile picture
    Mother Dináh
    Topics:

I don’t care if Lizzo goes home empty-handed. I just want her to get nominations across the board in Pop and R&B again.

Profile picture
    theexterminator
    Topics:

Honey, the main reason Beyoncé continues to lose Album of the Year is due to being black. Old white voters from Nebraska, Utah, and Wyoming are NOT voting for her.

True. Jon Batiste, HER and Donald Glover won cause they’re white. Grammys are racists

Profile picture
    fabcjr
    Topics:

This troll gucci is irritating me. Just talk shit with your fav flopped

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

True. Jon Batiste, HER and Donald Glover won cause they’re white. Grammys are racists

What Gucci tried to say is that the Grammys clearly have a bias against black music, particularly much more if it’s hip-hop adjacent. I personally don’t think it’s an active hatred, it’s just that most voters are white and older and likely just don’t listen to much hip-hop or contemporary R&B that isn’t retro inspired.

H.E.R. and Childish Gambino both won because their songs are heavily political and, let’s face it, a lot of voters just simply felt morally compelled to vote for them; both are amazing songs, in my opinion (especially H.E.R’s), but that has never mattered to most voters. Batiste won because everyone else split the popular vote and he is very much a musician’s musician who’s active in like 5 genres/fields. But given that his album couldn’t even win a single award in R&B and he missed SOTY, I highly doubt he had that much passion.

Just because three black artists have won in the GF in the past decade, that doesn’t mean the Grammys don’t have a race issue. Black music shouldn’t have to be overtly-political to win awards.

Profile picture
    Goldwing
    Topics:

What Gucci tried to say is that the Grammys clearly have a bias against black music, particularly much more if it’s hip-hop adjacent. I personally don’t think it’s an active hatred, it’s just that most voters are white and older and likely just don’t listen to much hip-hop or contemporary R&B that isn’t retro inspired. H.E.R. and Childish Gambino both won because their songs are heavily political and, let’s face it, a lot of voters just simply felt morally compelled to vote for them; both are amazing songs, in my opinion (especially H.E.R’s), but that has never mattered to most voters. Batiste won because everyone else split the popular vote and he is very much a musician’s musician who’s active in like 5 genres/fields. But given that his album couldn’t even win a single award in R&B and he missed SOTY, I highly doubt he had that much passion. Just because three black artists have won in the GF in the past decade, that doesn’t mean the Grammys don’t have a race issue. Black music shouldn’t have to be overtly-political to win awards.

And that’s exactly why you mentioned why there’s a problem with Adele continuing to win.

Hi.

Profile picture
    Goldwing
    Topics:

Not for the fact that she’s not talented or her album isn’t great, because she really is in good standards. But that voter bias exists and needs to change to create an unbiased competition.

Hi.

Profile picture
    Sunrise1981
    Topics:

just an observation, since 1950s-2022 in Album of the Year category

213 nominations for men and 79 nominations for women

And back in the days,

Whitney could not win ROTY (GF)  for Saving all my Love for you (RnB & soul) and and she did not win with songs such as One Moment in Time and Greatest Love of All in Pop category (powerful ballads) – requires singing or belting out in a sustained high notes. 🤔

She got 1 Grammy for a pop song I wanna Dance with Somebody (Diamond/10x platinum) and was awarded  with many Grammys  when The Bodyguard movie became a blockbuster hit

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 633 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.