Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 633 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Boz
strangemercy
  • Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

In his defense he did win Best Music Video in a field packed with 5 other ROTY contenders. So could we assume that after Leave the Door Open he would’ve won Record of the Year as well?

In his defense he did win Best Music Video in a field packed with 5 other ROTY contenders. So could we assume that after Leave the Door Open he would’ve won Record of the Year as well?

Yep, especially if “vote splitting” is the argument.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Hopefully this logic results in more successful predictions.

These constant jabs towards predictors here is weird because I don’t recall the “Discord club” predicting anyone but Billie and Tony/Gaga.

Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

I mean, Jon could have had passion AND also benefited from vote splitting. It was a great win to see anyway.

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

Maybe, although Brandi was not in BMV or AOTY, so there’s no evidence that Jon would’ve gotten Americana supporr with such a big Americana darling right there.

And before a certain user tries it, “Same Devil” was a non charting remix that only got a nom due to ballot placement. “Right On Time” is is not, and ROT would’ve easily won both its Americana awards.

He beat Olivia. Olivia beat Brandi. I’m gonna assume he was ahead of Brandi lol.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

He beat Olivia. Olivia beat Brandi. I’m gonna assume he was ahead of Brandi lol.

I don’t think this logic works cuz Olivia beat Brandi in Pop Solo Performance. Brandi’s base in Americana is obvs stronger. Like if we go by that then Jazmine beat Jon, so she would’ve won AOTY (which obvs wouldn’t have happened).

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

These constant jabs towards predictors here is weird because I don’t recall the “Discord club” predicting anyone but Billie and Tony/Gaga.

First of all not true and second that wasn’t even a jab. I’m just saying, if that logic is true, I hope that it’s reflected in upcoming predictions and wins. The world isn’t conspiring against you.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Not sure if this was posted already, but it seems like Disney is truly going for Encanto. I posted an FYC they had on Billboard this month, and now there’s a HDD article entirely dedicated to how much Encanto deserves GF recognition. Reminds me a lot of last year, when HDD released a similar piece about Bieber and he also had a bunch of FYC spreads.

Here’s the HDD piece: https://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=332585&title=GRAMMY-CHEW%3A-WE-NEED-TO-TALK-ABOUT-BRUNO

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

Encanto was already on my predictions. Each time I listen to users here, it turns out wrong. Sticking with my instincts till I belief otherwise.

Very few users actually agreed that SS was going 4/4, I was shocked to see on the leaderboard that users who spearheaded the Gaga/Billie movement flipped to SS last minute. Loool.

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

I’ll always be iffy on Encanto. It’s still a Children’s album, and it didn’t have the longevity of something like The Lion King or even Frozen.

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

Yeah, last years Gaga and Billie sweepers were shitty. Not just predicting them to sweep, they were mocking other users suggested different possibilities. This is another reason why i was happy Jon won and humbled their cocky asses.

This years Adele sweepers, they are cocky too. Adele’s Grammy history is very strong but this is not a weak year to sweep. I want another upset or 2020 style  “everybody gets an award” situation.

I got you stuck in the realness

Profile picture
    Deemy
    Topics:

I don’t think this logic works cuz Olivia beat Brandi in Pop Solo Performance. Brandi’s base in Americana is obvs stronger. Like if we go by that then Jazmine beat Jon, so she would’ve won AOTY (which obvs wouldn’t have happened).

Well Music Video is not really a niche genre category like R&B where people who are passionate about R&Bbare gonna vote in. Music Video is the most general field category outside the general field.

Profile picture
    Sunrise1981
    Topics:

You’re saying this, nobody said she’s a talentless hag 🤣 just because we said Batiste has more credibility as artist in general which has nothing to do with sales, grossing tours, numbers or success. Batiste’s Oscar for composing a movie score and being a real musician-composer who can plays instruments has more value than the bucketloads of awards that Beyoncé won so far.

Both Beyonce and Celine know how to play musical instruments. (Celine is an adept pianist – started playing when she was 5 years old), women have to work harder to be noticed or nominated. (focus being a vocalist/performers when all they need is to be heavily involved in music creation)

Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Well Music Video is not really a niche genre category like R&B where people who are passionate about R&Bbare gonna vote in. Music Video is the most general field category outside the general field.

I agree. How does that contradict my statement tho? Brandi was not in the two overall/genre-inclusive categories Jon won.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Yeah, last years Gaga and Billie sweepers were shitty. Not just predicting them to sweep, they were mocking other users suggested different possibilities. This is another reason why i was happy Jon won and humbled their cocky asses. This years Adele sweepers, they are cocky too. Adele’s Grammy history is very strong but this is not a weak year to sweep. I want another upset or 2020 style “everybody gets an award” situation.

Most non annoying stans knew things were fairly wide open last year. Expecting Adele to win a lot this year is just what makes sense. I would love to be surprised. But… Kendrick is still not winning in the GF.

Profile picture
    Sunrise1981
    Topics:

Maybe, although Brandi was not in BMV or AOTY, so there’s no evidence that Jon would’ve gotten Americana supporr with such a big Americana darling right there. And before a certain user tries it, “Same Devil” was a non charting remix that only got a nom due to ballot placement. “Right On Time” is is not, and ROT would’ve easily won both its Americana awards.

Is this why they moved ROT to Pop?

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 633 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.