Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 633 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Boz
strangemercy
  • Profile picture
    almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Is this why they moved ROT to Pop?

They moved ROT to pop because it is a pop song. Can’t remember who it was that said this but it sounds exactly like a typical Adele song.

Everything Everywhere All At Once & Renaissance sweep truther

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

“Right on Time” sounds like a song that P!nk could have recorded for one of her recent albums. It was rightfully placed in Pop.

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

Most non annoying stans knew things were fairly wide open last year. Expecting Adele to win a lot this year is just what makes sense. I would love to be surprised. But… Kendrick is still not winning in the GF.

Because he’s a black rapper… i know.

I disagree with last year though, they were pushy. ” Billie will sweep because she’s a Grammy darling. She won’t lose to Olivia or anybody else. ” ” Gaga and Tony will sweep because Tony is old although he did win AOTY in 1995 but he’ll still sweep because he’s old.”

I got you stuck in the realness

Profile picture
    Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

Elton John & Britney Spears’ duet, “Hold Me Closer”, is our next Friday (August 26).

Potential BPDGP contender and/or frontrunner?

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Because he’s a black rapper… i know. I disagree with last year though, they were pushy. ” Billie will sweep because she’s a Grammy darling. She won’t lose to Olivia or anybody else. ” ” Gaga and Tony will sweep because Tony is old although he did win AOTY in 1995 but he’ll still sweep because he’s old.”

It’s definitely not as simple as being a black rapper, though that’s a part of it. While those “pushy” posters are always pushy. Billie was never the definite GF front-runner. And even after the nods came out and many started predicting Tony and Gaga, there were obvious cons.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey; unless Elton John & Britney Spears’ duet is a hit, it is NOT happening in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.  I am getting flop vibes.

Profile picture
    lionhidden99
    Topics:

Elton John & Britney Spears’ duet, “Hold Me Closer”, is our next Friday (August 26). Potential BPDGP contender and/or frontrunner?

it’s been over 10 years since both of them was nominated for their own work. So I think they’ll probably miss the nomination unless it’s an undeniable hit and have some longevity during the voting period.

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

Björk has announced a new album. Fossora, the follow-up to 2017’s Utopia, will arrive in the fall, The Guardian reports. The album includes a recurring sextet of bass clarinets, a smattering of gabber beats, and a theme—reflected in the title, based on the word “digger” in Latin—of mushroom life. It also includes two songs written for Björk’s late mother, the environmental activist Hildur Rúna Hauksdóttir, who died in 2018.

Fossora features a song with Serpentwithfeetand backing vocals from Björk’s son, Sindri, and daughter, Ísadóra, as well as contributions from Gabber Modus Operandi, the Indonesian dance duo who brewed up a style that they and Björk termed “biological techno.” Describing Utopia as “a pacifist, idealistic album with flutes and synths and birds,” Björk envisages Fossora thus: “Let’s see what it’s like when you walk into this fantasy and, you know, have a lunch and farrrrt, and do normal things, like meet your friends” – Pitchfork

Fossora”! Alternative lock for the 2024 GRAMMYs? She’ll get nominated if she releases in September, but against Arcade Fire and Big Thief… Let’s see! 🤣 I’m looking forward to it. The 2024 GRAMMYs Alt. Field could have Björk and Arctic Monkeys one more time.

Cant wait for B to score two alt noms and lose both instead of just one this time! So excited for this new era regardless.

Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Elton John is a bit hypocritical for working with Britney when he’s dragged singers for lip syncing in the past. But, nevertheless, I’m looking forward to this duet. Hopefully it delivers because BPDGP needs it.

Profile picture
    strangemercy
    Topics:

Cant wait for B to score two alt noms and lose both instead of just one this time! So excited for this new era regardless.

There’s a rumor that Atopos, reportedly the album’s lead single, is going to be released this month.

Best Alternative Music Performance could look like this:

Lookout Kid (Unconditional I) (Arcade Fire)

Simulation Swarm (Big Thief)

Atopos (Björk)

King (Florence + the Machine)

That’s Where I Am (Maggie Rogers) / I Don’t Live Here Anymore (The War On Drugs) / Spitting Off The Edge Of The World (Yeah Yeah Yeahs feat. Perfume Genius)

On the Best Alternative Music Album category, it’s probably going to look like this:

We (Arcade Fire)

Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe In You (Big Thief)

A Light For Attracting Attention (The Smile)

Wet Leg (Wet Leg)

Cool It Down (Yeah Yeah Yeahs)

Profile picture
    Aribaby
    Topics:

Not sure if this was posted already, but it seems like Disney is truly going for Encanto. I posted an FYC they had on Billboard this month, and now there’s a HDD article entirely dedicated to how much Encanto deserves GF recognition. Reminds me a lot of last year, when HDD released a similar piece about Bieber and he also had a bunch of FYC spreads. Here’s the HDD piece: https://m.hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=332585&title=GRAMMY-CHEW%3A-WE-NEED-TO-TALK-ABOUT-BRUNO

If that’s the case then we should expect to see “WDTAB” in BPDG. I wouldn’t be surprised if it won honestly considering how weak that category is.

Profile picture
    LAINELAVIGNE
    Topics:

Demi Lovato’s Holy Fvck is now her most critically-acclaimed album to date. I hope she gets recognized. Beautiful album.

Profile picture
    hessa_life
    Topics:

Demi Lovato’s Holy Fvck is now her most critically-acclaimed album to date. I hope she gets recognized. Beautiful album.

Demi is under a shitty label, so I doubt they’ll promote her properly but I wonder if she’ll submit her work in the Rock field? 🤔

Stream “emails I can’t send” by Sabrina Carpenter!!

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Elton John’s old queer ass should’ve done a duet with Lady Gaga.  Pop voters adore that bitch.

Profile picture
    Sunrise1981
    Topics:

They moved ROT to pop because it is a pop song. Can’t remember who it was that said this but it sounds exactly like a typical Adele song.

thanks!  it’s a ballad song.

now i understand why they put it in the pop category because of the song instrumentation ( folk and pop ) and was submitted alone. i think her song might have stayed in Americana roots if her album has been submitted too (not eligible for this year).

This year really belongs to Jon.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 633 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.