Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 633 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Boz
strangemercy
  • Profile picture
    ProfessorChaos
    Topics:

I would love to see a scenario where Beyoncé wins Best Dance/Electronic Recording while Arca wins Dance/Electronic Album for Kick III

She won’t win Dance recording for a song whose beat is a well-known, frequently used sample. It’s a become category that favors the producers/artists making the beat for the past 10 years. Fun pop song, absolutely. Won’t win in that category.

Profile picture
    ProfessorChaos
    Topics:

Judgment day is coming. Only users who carefully weighed every possibility will not be called out irrespective of outcome.

I mean, if we’re weighing every outcome, I’ll throw in the possibility that the big names vote split and the Red Hot Chili Peppers win. Didn’t happen for Foo Fighters, but that Jon Batiste win sure did benefit from Billie & Olivia going after the same votes.

“Honey, get real, the Chili Peppers are NOT get nominated!” Yes, saved you a reply. Just pulling a Doctor Strange and considering every possibility.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Literally nobody would be surprised if Adele sweeps. That’s the default considering her Grammy history. The real kii would be Grammy voters surprising everyone and having a different choice for once. Like Jon Batiste this year. Everyone loves a good underdog story. InB4 somebody tries to act smart and says he got nominated everywhere. Yes, we’re all aware that his noms showed cross genre support but as evident by everyone’s very public noms predictions and publication predictions, he truly caught everyone by surprise. I’d personally like to see this happen again, even if I’m predicting Adele, just for the novelty. Three sweeps for Adele seems awfully boring. EOM is a great song though, I’ll give her that.

The “underdog” narrative only really works if there’s not an obvious choice. 30 is big enough, acclaimed enough, has enough wide demo appeal, is from a Grammy fav who hasn’t competed in some years.

It also seems like Beyoncé is only second to Taylor Swift as far as causing stans and haters to both become hella annoying.

Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

The “underdog” narrative only really works if there’s not an obvious choice. 30 is big enough, acclaimed enough, has enough wide demo appeal, from a Grammy fav who has competed in some years.

We never had an undeniable all rounder frontrunner last year but people were VERY convinced that TonyGa’s narrative was gonna win them an AOTY. And it was a convincing argument indeed.

Adele losing, however unlikely, is really not outside the realm of possibility though. It’s really coming down to whether the voters will see it as an Adele underperformance and get over their previous adoration or they’ll think it’s another good, safe Adele album.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

I was never fully convinced by the Gaga-Tony hype. It was a standard covers album and one that didn’t make much impression commercially. I wasn’t sure about Jon either. Adele has almost everything in corner: Grammy fav, still commercially viable, still has wide demo appeal, still will likely get a great percentage of old white people votes, years since she’s competed, no obvious main alternative contender that has enough Grammy appeal to spoil. Not saying she’s a guarantee at all. But I also think folks are reaching.

Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

I mean, if we’re weighing every outcome, I’ll throw in the possibility that the big names vote split and the Red Hot Chili Peppers win. Didn’t happen for Foo Fighters, but that Jon Batiste win sure did benefit from Billie & Olivia going after the same votes. “Honey, get real, the Chili Peppers are NOT get nominated!” Yes, saved you a reply. Just pulling a Doctor Strange and considering every possibility.

Profile picture
    strangemercy
    Topics:

I would love to see a scenario where Beyoncé wins Best Dance/Electronic Recording while Arca wins Dance/Electronic Album for Kick III

It would be awesome! I love Intimidated by KAYTRANADA & H.E.R., it would also be great + it could definitely happen.

I guess Swedish House Mafia’s Paradise Again will win Best Dance/Electronic Album.

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

I mean, if we’re weighing every outcome, I’ll throw in the possibility that the big names vote split and the Red Hot Chili Peppers win. Didn’t happen for Foo Fighters, but that Jon Batiste win sure did benefit from Billie & Olivia going after the same votes. “Honey, get real, the Chili Peppers are NOT get nominated!” Yes, saved you a reply. Just pulling a Doctor Strange and considering every possibility.

I don’t know about RHCP possibility, i was more convinced on Foo Fighters or St. Vincent last year and they didn’t made it. I’m a fan of RHCP but rockers pull them into AOTY, that would be the real surprise.

I got you stuck in the realness

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, get real!  Adele totally deserves to sweep three times.  Let’s NOT get delusional.

Profile picture
    GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

Honey, get real! Adele totally deserves to sweep three times. Let’s NOT get delusional.

Haha, NO.

I got you stuck in the realness

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, the only way Beyoncé’s tired, overrated, thievery ass can win AOTY is with a voting membership consisting of young, POC voters.

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

I’m cool with Adele winning. I’d prefer Beyoncé or Kendrick or a few very unlikely contenders. But 30 is possibly her best album. However, she does not deserve three consecutive AOTY wins on her resume. The music is successful. But there’s not enough variation from album to album, not enough ambition, and not enough consistency in each project to make three straight projects worthy. It’s simply a perfect example of someone who sells big enough and also has the perfect type of Grammy appeal.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Taylor Swift (BARF!) does NOT deserve three Album of the Year wins on her resume.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

She won’t win Dance recording for a song whose beat is a well-known, frequently used sample. It’s a become category that favors the producers/artists making the beat for the past 10 years. Fun pop song, absolutely. Won’t win in that category.

would like to see and think Beyoncé is going to win this category is two different things

Top 15 Albums of 2022 to understand my music taste lol slay

Ants From Up There
    Bronco
    CAPRISONGS
    Dawn FM
    Diaspora Problems
    Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe in You
    Harry's House
    Hellfire
    Ivory
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    MOTOMAMI
    Melt My Eyez See My Future
    Once Twice Melody
    Preacher's Daughter
    RENAISSANCE

Everything Everywhere All At Once for Best Picture
    Severance for Outstanding Drama Series

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Honey, Taylor Swift (BARF!) does NOT deserve three Album of the Year wins on her resume.

Yeah, that too. But I would argue collectively, Swift’s three wins offer more variation and ambition and quality than the totality of Adele’s three albums if she wins this year. Swift also didn’t win for three consecutive albums.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 633 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.