Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 633 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Boz
strangemercy

• LOVC
    Topics:

The Weeknd was wrongfully snubbed but let’s not forget he missed in Pop too. Which didn’t have a panel. He couldn’t even get in based on a straight vote. Maybe the support just wasn’t there.

Maybe enough voters didn’t know he was in Pop, some probably assumed he’d be in Progressive R&B instead. This year we could see how it is possible for some artists to be nominated in the General Field (without panels) but not Pop.

Lil Nas X, Ed Sheeran, ABBA and Taylor Swift were nominated in the General Field but failed to break into Pop, while Ariana Grande was nominated in Pop but failed to be nominated in the General Field.

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, we’ve been through this a billion times.  The Weeknd was intentionally snubbed due to choosing Super Bowl over racist Grammys.  No support, my ass!

Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.

Huerco
    Topics:

brutal
    Topics:

fabcjr
    Topics:

I don’t understand this committee issue. Now that don’t have a committee, how does the vote work? Is there a difference in the big 4 votes for the other categories? I was curious.

Cameron
    Topics:

Everything is a straight vote so whatever is in the initial top 10 in the GF will be the final nominees. Same thing applies to genre specific categories. We will only get more than 5 nominees if ties happen.

During First Round, voters vote for the top 5 songs/albums in each category that they’re voting in.

There are only committees in the craft categories.

The new voting system is 10-3. Besides the GF, Where voters have to choose 10 total categories in up to 3 fields.

Example, let’s say I wanna vote in Pop, R&B, & Production Field. This is my first round ballot. I will choose my top 5 based on the 10 categories I’m voting in.

Pop
    Best Pop Vocal Album
    Best Pop Solo Perf
    Best Pop Duo/Group Per

R&B
    Best R&B Song
    Best R&B Perf
    Best Progressive R&B Album
    Best Trad R&B Perf
    Best R&B Album

Production
    Best Engineered Album (Non-Classical)
    Producer of the Year (Non-Classical)

Final Round Ballot, I choose the same categories that I wanna vote in but during final round I’m going to only vote for one of the final nominees.

Deemy
    Topics:

Harry Styles wrote a song for Olivia Wilde’s new film that he also stars in slated for 9/23/22. Potential Song written for visual media nominee?

ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Björk: Fossora (Oct. 2022)

she ate I’m afraid. Single is probably going to be in Alternative Performance

ELIAS✨
    Topics:

Arctic Monkeys : The Car (Oct.21, 2022)

hopefully a single before the eligibility period ends . Alternative field is 2/5 for next year slay 

J
    Topics:

Have y’all heard of the artist Rema? He’s a Nigerian singer that’s been having success with his single “calm down.” He could possibly be a BNA contender if the song picks up speed being the Arooj Aftab nominee of this year representing the Worlwide music categories.

Cameron
    Topics:

BJORK IS COMING !

Voyage
    Topics:

Have y’all heard of the artist Rema? He’s a Nigerian singer that’s been having success with his single “calm down.” He could possibly be a BNA contender if the song picks up speed being the Arooj Aftab nominee of this year representing the Worlwide music categories.

Calm Down is such a good song. I would really love seeing it nominated for Best Global Music Performance

Munchi
    Topics:

Yep, Rema is one of them fresh Afrobeats artists I like. Never been a fan of the Wizkid, Burna Boy, Davido, Tiwa squad.

It’s Joeboy, Fireboy, Omah Lay, Rema, Tems, Ckay, Ruger, Johnny Drille etc for me. I was shocked when some British kids walked up to me and presumptuously asked for a translation of Love Nwantiti before the song blew up.

People only seem to recognise the biggest ones, knowing Rema made y”all a lot more interesting to me.

Alioth
    Topics:

Users here indeed have interesting backgrounds in hindsight! There’s a Dominican and an Igbo?

Love Nwantiti was written in Igbo Language…right?

I did a History project on the Igbo Tribe but haven’t met any.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 633 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.