Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 633 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Boz
strangemercy

• Boz
    Topics:

Best Direction has had a strong overlap with the Grammy for Music Video recently.

Since 2008, all but three VMA winners (Green Day’s “21 Guns”, Beastie Boys “Make Some Nouse” and Taylor Swift’s “The Man” – the latter wasn’t submitted for the Grammys) have at least been nominated, with 7/14 winning the Grammy.

The Man was submitted.

Mother Dináh
    Topics:

I never see the VMAs as a precursor for the Grammy for Best Music Video, but these minor fan-voted awards always serve as campaign for all categories at the Grammys. Easy way to make headlines and get people talking about your eligible material. It’s all about publicity. The timing is also perfect considering that it’s just a month before Grammy voting.

Deemy
    Topics:

I wonder if Taylor will drop a single before the deadline. I think she should as All too Well really only makes sense in Best Music Video.

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, we have been through this a million times.  There is NOT any correlation between VMAs and Grammys.  Duh!

feelspecial
    Topics:

I never see the VMAs as a precursor for the Grammy for Best Music Video, but these minor fan-voted awards always serve as campaign for all categories at the Grammys. Easy way to make headlines and get people talking about your eligible material. It’s all about publicity. The timing is also perfect considering that it’s just a month before Grammy voting.

Yeah, it definitely serves as campaign. Anitta, for example, did a great performance tonight, won an award and gave a speech. I’m counting that it helps her chances for a filler nomination on Best New Artist.

Opium
    Topics:

And neither is Christina. Honestly if you don’t have anything constructive to say, then don’t! You literally hate on everyone apart from Adele and Xtina lol, why even bother coming on this website?!

I still don’t get how that user is not banned yet, he doesn’t have other content than ‘Barf’ and insulting other artists, even a Russian bot would have more different content in his posts.

Boz
    Topics:

Gucci’s been banned before, GD mods just stopped trying lol.

MG
    Topics:

I don’t think the VMA Winners are a precursor for the Grammys next year but I do think their appearance and/or performance increases an artists exposure for potential nomination consideration. Tonight really helped increase its chances for Taylor, Lizzo, Nicki, Jack, Bad Bunny & Dove for some consideration:

All Too Well (10 Minute Version)- ROTY, SOTY, Music Video & Pop Solo Performance- If Eligible
    Special, About Damn Time- AOTY, ROTY, SOTY, Pop Solo Performance
    First Class- ROTY, SOTY, Rap Performance, Rap Song
    Super Freaky Girl- ROTY, Rap Performance & Rap Song
    Dove Cameron- Best New Artist
    Bad Bunny, Un Verano Sin Ti- AOTY & Best Musica Urbana Album

Doesn’t mean they are “locks” for nominations but I do think they are in a lot of the voters mind now after tonight.

Huerco
    Topics:

Taylor was always winning Best Music Video for All Too Well. Last night didn’t change anything. I think that if VMAs can help someone in the Grammys is Anitta and Bad Bunny. Anitta did a very good performance and the narrative of being the first Brazilian in everything can be strong. She also could have pop voters. There is no other artist like this this year. Bad Bunny winning Artist Of The Year as the first non-english language artist ever could help him get nod in Album Of The Year. Dove Cameron is not happening if she doesn’t release album or EP.

LAINELAVIGNE
    Topics:

Nicki Minaj better release that album this year to build the momentum. She can’t let this Vanguard tribute and #1 song go to waste. September or October.

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, it does NOT matter when Nicki Minaj releases an album.  It will flop.  Her time been up!

blackwidow12
    Topics:

I agree Nicki might end up being the biggest benefiter of last night’s show. She definitely isn’t win competitive but she could be back in the nominations mix if she manages to keep this momentum up for the next weeks. It’s probably the first time she is getting good press since The Pinkprint era so she really should make the most out of it.

alex.g
    Topics:

All Too Well (10 Minute Version)- ROTY, SOTY, Music Video & Pop Solo Performance- If Eligible

Re-recordings, just like any other type of newly recorded cover or live version are eligible except for Song awards. But just watch her submit her new lead single to all or most of those categories.

jamiedisu
    Topics:

3-4 hit songs? You HAVE to be trolling

Ant
    Topics:

Anitta did a very good performance and is being listed as one of the best by some magazines. Also her speech was fine too so I can imagine she has increased her chances to get into BNA nominees.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 633 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.