Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 633 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Boz
strangemercy
  • Profile picture
    ProfessorChaos
    Topics:

So I saw a tweet from one of the Grammy voters (I’ll try to find it if I can) that in order to win or even consider receiving AOTY, an album should have minimum of songwriters/samples/interpolations that were included in the album

Sounds like gatekeeping to intentionally keep out hip-hop

Profile picture
    Bee
    Topics:

Formation was not the mainstream hit it could’ve been.  I mean, it’s considered one now and it was one of the most discussed songs of 2016, but it didn’t have the accessibility like a Hello did and I always considered that a factor in why Lemonade lost.  Beyonce restricted a lot of the easy consumption that Lemonade should have had and Formation is included in that. At least, Break My Soul will be more “easy on the ears” to voters.

Profile picture
    Bridgers13
    Topics:

I’m still kinda bitter about that Tidal exclusive. “Formation” would’ve been much bigger if available on other streaming platforms since the beginning.

Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  Renaissance is NOT automatically closer to winning Album of the Year than Lemonade ever was.  Total delusion.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

I’m still kinda bitter about that Tidal exclusive. “Formation” would’ve been much bigger if available on other streaming platforms since the beginning.

She and Jay-Z (and a lot of others) were against the compensation other streaming sites were offering to artists at the time. Adele was one of those artists, but her label was still smart enough to make “Hello” accessible on those streaming sites, despite the album being repressed for more than half a year. “Formation” could have definitely been a top three hit otherwise.

Profile picture
    Sunrise1981
    Topics:

I’m cool with Adele winning. I’d prefer Beyoncé or Kendrick or a few very unlikely contenders. But 30 is possibly her best album. However, she does not deserve three consecutive AOTY wins on her resume. The music is successful. But there’s not enough variation from album to album, not enough ambition, and not enough consistency in each project to make three straight projects worthy. It’s simply a perfect example of someone who sells big enough and also has the perfect type of Grammy appeal.

30 is the best selling album of 2021 but under-performed compared to her previous albums.

I wonder if the public also feels the same way that you do, clamouring different music variations from her?

Does the public want her to compose ballad love songs (happy music/songs), more upbeat songs or other themes? or  you want her to explore other music genres?

Profile picture
    Rich Thot
    Topics:

Formation was not the mainstream hit it could’ve been. I mean, it’s considered one now and it was one of the most discussed songs of 2016, but it didn’t have the accessibility like a Hello did and I always considered that a factor in why Lemonade lost. Beyonce restricted a lot of the easy consumption that Lemonade should have had and Formation is included in that. At least, Break My Soul will be more “easy on the ears” to voters.

How restricted the release of “Formation” and Lemonade were might be the biggest reason she lost AOTY (though there are several reasons). The album still did well. But I have a feeling a lot of industry people resented her tactics. Within a month of release all those Lemonade videos should have been on YouTube and the album should have been available everywhere.

Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

I do think Lemonade might have lost votes because it wasn’t available everywhere and some industry folk hated that tactic, but I just simply think it was too much to pass up an album that did over 3 million first week during the streaming/digital era. Not many artists have followed up with another Diamond album, let alone in the digital era. For what it’s worth, I think Beyoncé easily came in second that year. I think only Sturgill Simpson could have challenged for the #2 slot.

Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Taylor was set up to win for Folklore. I wonder if we will see a situation where the committee makes it easier or harder for Adele to win. I’m still not convinced 30 will sweep this year.

The committees were diminished so it’s peer to peer voting. Committees only exist for technical categories.

Profile picture
    Ant
    Topics:

The Isley Brothers feat Beyoncé song is a lock for me in Best Traditional R&B.

Profile picture
    GrammyLoser
    Topics:

Taylor was set up to win for Folklore. I wonder if we will see a situation where the committee makes it easier or harder for Adele to win. I’m still not convinced 30 will sweep this year.

Stop doing drugs, there is no committee anymore.

Profile picture
    Alexandra
    Topics:

The committees were diminished so it’s peer to peer voting. Committees only exist for technical categories.

Ok thanks wasn’t aware.

Profile picture
    Alioth
    Topics:

Columbia really went all out this year. Their 3 biggest artists Beyoncé, Adele & Harry being active simultaneously, all getting robust promo and radio support too.

Risky move.

Profile picture
    ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I guess Megan Thee Stallion is releasing her second album tonight “Traumazine” with features from Latto, Rico Nasty, Jhene Aiko, and  Pooh Shiesty. Also, Sweetest Pie with Dua Lipa, Plan B, and Pressurelicious (feat. Future) are all on the album. Thoughts?

I still think if We Don’t Talk About Bruno doesn’t win Duo/Group, I still think Sweetest Pie is going to win Duo/Group. Who else is going to win against them.

Top 15 Albums of 2022 to understand my music taste lol slay

Ants From Up There
    Bronco
    CAPRISONGS
    Dawn FM
    Diaspora Problems
    Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe in You
    Harry's House
    Hellfire
    Ivory
    Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    MOTOMAMI
    Melt My Eyez See My Future
    Once Twice Melody
    Preacher's Daughter
    RENAISSANCE

Everything Everywhere All At Once for Best Picture
    Severance for Outstanding Drama Series

Profile picture
    keatonzab
    Topics:

I still think if We Don’t Talk About Bruno doesn’t win Duo/Group, I still think Sweetest Pie is going to win Duo/Group. Who else is going to win against them.

Coldplay/BTS maybe

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 633 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.