Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 8)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 561 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
P(oweR) Valley
Boz

• Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Nicki will have competition anywhere she competes, with or without Kendrick Lamar. Melodic Rap/Rap still has Future/Drake/Tems and Khaled/Jay-Z/Wayne/Ross/John Legend. And some of you are convinced Jack Harlow is a threat in the Rap field. Y’all really be jumping the gun every time you see a Billboard chart position, then act surprised when the Grammy goes to the same favorites or something else other than the Billboard hit. “Super Freaky Girl” is a bubblegum-type song that I can see missing Grammy consideration. “Do We Have A Problem” could be a player, but nothing more than a nomination.

This!!! The Grammys don’t always go to the biggest hit. Wish more ppl understood that. Nicki lost Rap Song for “Anaconda” to Kendrick’s “i” for example.

P(oweR) Valley
    Topics:

Lol @ Kendrick going home emptyhanded. Who’s going to beat him in Rap Album? These stans…

strangemercy
    Topics:

In my personal opinion, Jack Harlow will receive 4-6 nominations. Yet, First Class is not beating N95 or Die Hard. Kendrick Lamar is sweeping the rap field and will also be the first winner of the Best Song Written For Social Change category for The Heart Part 5.

Nicki Minaj is not going to be nominated. I’m sorry.

P(oweR) Valley
    Topics:

Speaking of Best Song for Social Change, I read that there will be a Blue Ribbon Panel for that category. Who are the contenders and what are the qualifications? I would like to see a break down of that. Is that considered a “General field” category?

Deemy
    Topics:

Speaking of Best Song for Social Change, I read that there will be a Blue Ribbon Panel for that category. Who are the contenders and what are the qualifications? I would like to see a break down of that. Is that considered a “General field” category?

It looks like it’s going to be treated like a craft category in the way how nominees are determined. I can see Demi Lovato “29” and Kendrick Lamar getting in.

Deemy
    Topics:

If Kendrick loses Rap Album it would be to Pusha T not Jack.

Assuming Drake does not submit his personal work:

Rap Performance:

Jack Harlow f/ Drake – Churchill Downs
    Kendrick Lamar – N95
    Pusha T – Diet Coke
    Gunna & Future f/ Young Thug – Pushin P
    Cardi B f/ Ye & Lil Durk – Hot Shit

Melodic Rap Performance:

Future f/ Drake & Tems – Wait for U
    DJ Khaled f/ Rick Ross, Lil Wayne, Jay Z, John Legend & Fridayy – God Did
    Fivio Foreign f/ Kanye West & Alicia Keys – City of Gods
    Jack Harlow – First Class
    Kendrick Lamar f/ Summer Walker & Ghostface Killah – Purple Hearts

Rap Song:

“City of Gods” • Fivio Foreign, Alicia Keys, Kanye West
    “Churchill Downs” • Jack Harlow, Drake
    “From the D 2 The LBC” • Eminem, Snoop Dogg
    “God Did” • DJ Khaled
    “The Heart 5” • Kanye West
    “Neck & Wrist” • Pusha T, Jay Z, Pharrell

Rap Album:

DJ Khaled – God Did
    Kendrick Lamar – Mr. Morale & the Big Steppers
    Pusha T – It’s Almost Dry
    Jack Harlow – Come Home The Kids Miss You
    Gunna – DS4Ever

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, come the fuck on Demi Lovato for Best Song Written for Social Change.  I totally forgot about these new VMA-inspired categories.

theeboywithlluv
    Topics:

Super Freaky Girl on Billboard Hot 100: #7 (-6) 2nd week This song is not happening in any category.

it’s predicted to rise on bb and still top 5 on spotify US on it’s 22nd day with 3.5M streams and still top 10 on apple music and itunes so stfu

Che
    Topics:

They’re calling it a “special merit award” so it seems like it’s more of an honor than a regular competitive category voted by regular members, hence it’ll be determined by a blue ribbon committee, Variety reports. It’s not clear if it’ll be presented like a standard category with five nominees or if they’ll simply reveal the honored song.

theeboywithlluv
    Topics:

a bunch of hating ass btches who like to doubt people who are more talented, richer, and successful than them just bc nicki hasn’t gotten nominated in years don’t mean it’s not possible now especially when she has one of the biggest rap hits of this year that i’m sure your mother, auntie, sister, and grandma know about…

Munchi
    Topics:

a bunch of hating ass btches who like to doubt people who are more talented, richer, and successful than them just bc nicki hasn’t gotten nominated in years don’t mean it’s not possible now especially when she has one of the biggest rap hits of this year that i’m sure your mother, auntie, sister, and grandma know about…

Boy calm down.

aj
    Topics:

it’s predicted to rise on bb and still top 5 on spotify US on it’s 22nd day with 3.5M streams and still top 10 on apple music and itunes so stfu

it’s predicted to go -3. that being said, hit or not, sfg is not happening in any category

fabcjr
    Topics:

Brainwashed rats are everywhere. I feel that we will never have peace as long as the fans of this woman exist.

GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

If Kendrick loses Rap Album it would be to Pusha T not Jack. 

Exactly. Pusha T might get passion votes like last years Jazmine Sullivan. He’s another respected veteran who didn’t got a Grammy yet. If Kendrick loses to someone or if a tie involved, consider Push.

I got you stuck in the realness

almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

Sorry but Super Freaky Girl can totally get nominated. It’s not winning or anything but there isn’t really a bias against nominating Nicki like this forum seems to think. Realistically the lack of Nicki nominations in recent years is because she hasn’t had an actual hit, which Super Freaky Girl is.

World Cup:
    RIP 🇨🇦
    🇦🇷 (🇨🇭)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 561 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.