Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 8)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 558 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
P(oweR) Valley
Boz

• Munchi
    Topics:

Y”all might want to be wary of being swayed by numbers. The only year’s biggest hits to ever win ROTY or SOTY in the last 10-20yrs are well…Uptown Funk & Rolling In The Deep.

strangemercy
    Topics:

How much does the artist’s ballot position contributes to its nomination? Kanye West got a Album of The Year nom. last year.

almanzarlamarcarlile
    Topics:

What do you mean AIW is projected to remain at the top of the charts until year-end? Like at No1 for about 16 more weeks straight? Which crackhead is predicting that far in the future?

I was wondering that as well lmao. Maybe he means it’s predicted to be #1 on the YEC? Then again tho, all the predictions I can find have Heat Waves #1.

EEAAO Sweep

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, ballot position does NOT mean a damn thing.  Grammys are rigged.

Boz
    Topics:

How much does the artist’s ballot position contributes to its nomination? Kanye West got a Album of The Year nom. last year.

It’s generally just a good advantage, especially if your project lacks the passion or you lack the name recognition. Voters will always look for their faves like Silk Sonic and Kanye. However it is clear that the lesser known or less “locked” songs on top of the ballot tend to have a bigger chance than the rest (“Bad Habits”, “A Beautiful Noise” only making SOTY, ABBA making ROTY, for example).

strangemercy
    Topics:

It’s generally just a good advantage, especially if your project lacks the passion or you lack the name recognition. Voters will always look for their faves like Silk Sonic and Kanye. However it is clear that the lesser known or less “locked” songs on top of the ballot tend to have a bigger chance than the rest (“Bad Habits”, “A Beautiful Noise” only making SOTY, ABBA making ROTY, for example).

Thank you! Sometimes, I feel that we overthink this advantage. But sure, it’s not something to forget about.

I just hope Wet Leg gets that Best New Artist Nomination. 🥰

Out of My Head
    Topics:

Harry already won BPSP for a undeserving song. They are not going to give him another one for a song that is so sonically similar to Water Mellon Sugar. Winning BPSP more than once is rare, if you are not Adele or Ed Sheeran

Harry’s only chance to win something is BPVA, but it will be an uphill battle going against Adele

K4AIROS
    Topics:

Super Freaky Girl on Billboard Hot 100: #7 (-6) 2nd week

This song is not happening in any category.

And second week numbers matter because…?

Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

I would say that this year is definitely a testing year for Adele in that sense that the commercial success has exponentially gone down and she hasn’t had the same cultural relevancy of the past eras but Adele’s previous wins are massive and historical. Sweeping twice is no easy feat. There’s possibly not a bigger darling than Adele and she must really have fallen in the voter’s graces if she doesn’t snatch BPSP at the least.

I suppose anything IS doable at the Grammys because we’ve had some crazy wins recently so I don’t find Harry predictors out of the pocket but it’s heavily skewed towards Adele for sure.

Munchi
    Topics:

Exactly, Beyoncé, Silk Sonic, Harry, Kendrick, Brandi and some artist the academy will spring up on us come nomination day are all pretty much in the game.

We simply have no established reason to assert that Adele is losing. I don’t think anyone should question their own judgments or perceive any user predicting Adele as pigheaded.

Too bad people only want to hear what they want to hear.

Che
    Topics:

How much does the artist’s ballot position contributes to its nomination? 

It’s definitely an advantage for filler nominees. Let’s not forget the three-way tie for Christina Aguilera, Backstreet Boys and Tony Bennett in Pop Duo/Group Performance. This could also explain recent unexpected/filler Pop nominations for J Balvin, Beck, Beyoncé, Kelly Clarkson, Coldplay…

With the absence of a committee, we should expect more ABBAs, Arooj Aftabs and A Beautiful Noises this year.

Munchi
    Topics:

Really happy with Steve Lacey’s Bad Habits reaching No 3.

I hate remixes but RCA should please make him remix it with Doja, so they can both hit No1.

I think both the track and Doja have impressed this year enough to deserve my hypocrisy 🐧

Boz
    Topics:

Doja? On “Bad Habit?

feelspecial
    Topics:

Really happy with Steve Lacey’s Bad Habits reaching No 3.

I hate remixes but RCA should please make him remix it with Doja, so they can both hit No1.

I think both the track and Doja have impressed this year enough to deserve my hypocrisy 🐧

The radio updates are great so it’s most likely reaching number 1 in the upcoming weeks. Let’s hope Taylor waits til October to drop a possible lead single, otherwise he’s getting blocked.

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Harry Styles could NOT beat Dula Peep in Best Pop Vocal Album last time.  No fucking way could he ever beat Adele.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 558 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.