Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 711 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Mother Dináh
Cameron

• Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, “As It Was” will join the list of long-running #1’s that did NOT win a Grammy.

Mother Dináh
    Topics:

I think they should just rename it to Best Hispanic whatever. Portuguese music isn’t even eligible.

Anitta, Caetano Veloso, Ceu and Paula Fernandes, all in four very distinct branches of Latin music, being submitted in the same category (Global Music Album) will always send me.

At least the Musica Urbana Album category should be open for both languages like the Latin Grammys’ Urban field. Funk Carioca & Bossa Nova Music should not be in the same ballot. lmao

nxddyfs
    Topics:

Does anyone have predictions for POTY?

Cameron
    Topics:

Greg Kurstin will most likely win Producer of the Year, Non-Classical

Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Honey, “As It Was” will join the list of long-running #1’s that did NOT win a Grammy.

Harry might win Best Music Video as compensation for losing to Adele in every other category.

Melodies
    Topics:

This is the second time I pay close attention to the Grammys, I’m still very green on a lot of things (more confident in others thankfully lol), who do you guys see as nominees in POTY? Greg Kurstin winning is kind of a given, but nominees?

Cameron
    Topics:

Harry might win Best Music Video as compensation for losing to Adele in every other category.

Eh. Kendrick could also win this category with ease.

Munchi
    Topics:

And arabs oppressed Spain and Portugal for seven centuries. 

Historical dynamics indeed convolute ethics and is exactly why I avoid political discussions like a wildfire.

Turkey (Ottoman), Mongolia (the expert rapist Genghis), Iraq (Babylon, Assyria), France (Napoleon), Iran (Persia), England, Italy (Rome), Egypt, Germany (Hitler), Spain, Japan, Romania (Vlad the impaler aka Dracula) etc have all at some point become the most powerful nations. Each atrociously conquered other civilisations and took slaves to build their empires. Dahomey depicted in Viola’s “Woman King” really raided neighbouring tribes to capture and supply the slaves to the European.

In fact, the Jews were victims during the holocaust but they are in turn oppressing Palestine presently. Christians (Holy Roman Crusaders of Germany, France, Italy) used to be the ones slaughtering people who refused to convert (including Muslims and Scientists).

In a thousand years, the US, China, Russia, Spain etc could very well be the oppressed while a Peruvian or Ugandan civilisation the oppressor. England is losing grip before our very eyes after all.

The European colonisation saga will someday also be lost to time. But for now, accept my condolences. These modern blame games are only domino effects of a few present day whites who still harbour hateful sentiments against non-whites.

I do believe it’s best if every user entirely avoids politics here in the future.

Goldwing
    Topics:

I still hold the same ideas I said before but yes, they should at least let the Brazilians compete in the Latin field.

Hi.

Hildreth
    Topics:

Winner: Greg Kurstin or D’Mile

Others: Pharrell Williams, Boi-1da, The-Dream

Hildreth
    Topics:

Adding to this previous post of mine, PJ Morton, The Chainsmokers, and Dermot Kennedy have exhibits in October.

Lucius? So do we think his duet with Brandi Carlile is getting a nom?

Hildreth
    Topics:

I still hold the same ideas I said before but yes, they should at least let the Brazilians compete in the Latin field.

Annita isn’t eligible for the Latin Field?

Ant
    Topics:

Her album is eligible for the Global Music because it contains Music in spanish, english and portuguese.

if it were 100% spanish it could be in the Latin field.

Boz
    Topics:

Lucius? So do we think his duet with Brandi Carlile is getting a nom?

If it is submitted then probably.

Hildreth
    Topics:

Her album is eligible for the Global Music because it contains Music in spanish, english and portuguese. if it were 100% spanish it could be in the Latin field.

But wouldn’t she be submitted to the musica urbana category? That is one latin category that doesn’t specify a brazilian exclusion, although it does state that there needs to be 50% or more spanish lyrics.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 711 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.