Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 711 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Mother Dináh
Cameron

• Mother Dináh
    Topics:

I still hold the same ideas I said before but yes, they should at least let the Brazilians compete in the Latin field.

I unfortunately disagree because most Latin voters are Hispanic, and therefore unfamiliar with Brazilian music. Also, the most consumed genres in Brazil don’t really go with the few categories there are in the latin field. Aside from maybe Pop, Rock and Urban Music, but it would require the addition of members who are familiar with the material. It’s simpler for all Brazilians to just vote in the Global Music field, despite the evident lack of correlation between the submissions.

I don’t like that, but it’s for better I guess.

Slw84
    Topics:

MY PREDICTIONS People who will go home with a Grammys if nominated: Beyoncé Kendrick Lamar Nicki Minaj Adele Harry Styles Lizzo Jack Harlow Summer Walker Fivio Foreign People who will not go home with Grammys if nominated: Doja Cat Cardi B Megan Thee Stallion Gunna Drake Future Tems Latto Justin Bieber Dua Lipa Post Malone Kanye West Alicia Keys

Beyonce for sure will win. It’s a matter of how many with her.

Kendrick is taking the Rap categories. Adele winning main categories is on par.

Harry might surprise some of us. I think Jack might get shut out. I hope Summer wins. I think if Nicki is nominated Meg will vote split and neither are winning against Kendrick. I do think Doja and Post might win depending on the impact.

the song is peaking right before voting and I remember Lorde benefitted when her song was massive in August/September and still big during the voting period.

Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Taylor Swift is going to announce something tonight. She’ll probably release a lead single before Sep 30.

She’d easily take the 5th BPSP slot. It’s not comparable to willow or All Too Well which came out too early within the eligibility period.

Ant
    Topics:

About the Latin GRAMMYs nominees announcement…

Do you think that Xtina is now the frontrunner for Best Latin Pop at the GRAMMYs?

Also has Anitta increased her chances to get a BNA nomination after that ROTY nomination at the Latin GRAMMYs?

Melodies
    Topics:

And Gays. Why does no one try to abolish religion?

The strawman is so strong with y’all jfc

All I said is “don’t act like an artist from Spain is the same as an artist from Latin America” and now y’all are writing essays about the Ottoman empire and the crusades, like y’all gotta be freaking kidding me

And for the record, abolish religion, go for it

Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

I’m surprised Taylor is potentially dropping her lead this Friday, I thought she would’ve waited until October so everything from the album is in the same eligibility period.

I guess that’s the final BPSP slot secured. Depending on what this song is like, an ROTY and SOTY contender too. She could potentially get 4 nominations this year (I see All Too Well as a lock for BMV).

Watermelon Sugar
    Topics:

.@Harry_Styles’ “As It Was” ties as the longest running #1 solo song in Hot 100 history.
    It joins “I Will Always Love You”, “Candle In The Wind 1997” and “We Belong Together” (14 weeks each).

.@Harry_Styles’ “As It Was” remains at #1 on this week’s Billboard Global 200 singles chart, extending its record as the chart’s longest running #1 hit (15 weeks).

.@Harry_Styles’ “As It Was” extends its record as the longest running top 2 hit in Hot 100 history (23 weeks).

———

Do we think Harry can win a Grammy or is Adele sweeping everything?

Mother Dináh
    Topics:

I’m surprised Taylor is potentially dropping her lead this Friday, I thought she would’ve waited until October so everything from the album is in the same eligibility period. I guess that’s the final BPSP slot secured. Depending on what this song is like, an ROTY and SOTY contender too. She could potentially get 4 nominations this year (I see All Too Well as a lock for BMV).

This is the quintessential Taylor Swift Grammy cycle schedule. She did the same with Fearless, Speak Now, Red, 1989 and reputation:

• Year 1: Lead single
    • Year 2: Album + 2nd single

I won’t be surprised if she releases a Deluxe version in late 2023 like she did with Fearless & Speak Now. Midnights is as short as the standard versions of those albums were.

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, let’s NOT lie to ourselves.  Taylor Swift has been snubbed in Best Pop Solo Performance multiple times.  Her new single could easily miss.

Alioth
    Topics:

The strawman is so strong with y’all jfc All I said is “don’t act like an artist from Spain is the same as an artist from Latin America” and now y’all are writing essays about the Ottoman empire and the crusades, like y’all gotta be freaking kidding me And for the record, abolish religion, go for it

Girl, you’re a very troublesome person. Not everything is about you. If I chose to reply someone’s post to progress an entirely unrelated topic, don’t be too dense to not tell the difference.

You obviously just want to argue with @Munchi, well reply him and leave me out of your drama. Btw, he sent me a note to suggest removing the last couple of posts to let the discussion die and not appear rude to anyone. You on the other hand are always seeking his reaction, validation and attention. His post does not even disagree with you, only attempts to find a middle ground. But you’re too troublesome to even notice. Jheeze, you do too much.

Either way, leave me alone and take it up with him, please.

Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

About the Latin GRAMMYs nominees announcement…

Do you think that Xtina is now the frontrunner for Best Latin Pop at the GRAMMYs?

Also has Anitta increased her chances to get a BNA nomination after that ROTY nomination at the Latin GRAMMYs?

I mean Christina got 7 nominations which is really impressive. So I’d assume her album could be a frontrunner. We’ll see if she actually wins any Latin Grammys.

nxddyfs
    Topics:

Girl, you’re a very troublesome person. Not everything is about you. If I chose to reply someone’s post to progress an entirely unrelated topic, don’t be too dense to not tell the difference. You obviously just want to argue with @Munchi, well reply him and leave me out of your drama. Btw, he sent me a note to suggest removing the last couple of posts to let the discussion die and not appear rude to anyone. You on the other hand are always seeking his reaction, validation and attention. His post does not even disagree with you, only attempts to find a middle ground. But you’re too troublesome to even notice. Jheeze, you do too much. Either way, leave me alone and take it up with him, please.

I feel like I have to put my 2 cents on this since this whole thing started because of a comment of mine (which btw was not related to history or ethnicities, it was purely about AOTY). All I said was that I want to see a Spanish language album in AOTY and the frontrunners for that spot are Bad Bunny and Rosalia. I DID NOT compare them. I DID NOT say Rosalia deserved it more, and definitely in NO WAY I wanted to start a discourse on colonization.

I just wanted to highlight that NARAS has a chance to vote for a big spanish language album into the top 10. Personally, I want it to be Un Verano Sin Ti, but I would not be surprised if MOTOMAMI makes it. That’s all. Case closed.

Melodies
    Topics:

Girl, you’re a very troublesome person. Not everything is about you. If I chose to reply someone’s post to progress an entirely unrelated topic, don’t be too dense to not tell the difference. You obviously just want to argue with @Munchi, well reply him and leave me out of your drama. Btw, he sent me a note to suggest removing the last couple of posts to let the discussion die and not appear rude to anyone. You on the other hand are always seeking his reaction, validation and attention. His post does not even disagree with you, only attempts to find a middle ground. But you’re too troublesome to even notice. Jheeze, you do too much. Either way, leave me alone and take it up with him, please.

Weird ass assumptions thrown around. I wanted to reply to you, so I replied to you.

I actually am cackling at this idea that I’m seeking validation or anything else from anyone in this forum because I do not remember who any of you are other than Boz and Gucci (who I muted in 2020 when I first registered). I legit have no recollection of who any of you are. I sparsely remember two users who have been positive towards Harry because of course I notice that, but I couldn’t even name their full usernames (I think one of them starts with Haim), but this in fighting y’all have going on is completely ridiculous for me and I don’t engage in it. I quoted you because you were in the last page. Everything else is literally your imagination. And perhaps a little projection.

Mother Dináh
    Topics:

First batch of SNL musical guests (season 48)

• Oct 1 – Kendrick Lamar
    • Oct 8 – Willow Smith
    • Oct 15 – Megan Thee Stallion (double duty)

Megan is working hard for that Best Rap Album nomination

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Christina Aguilera better snatch Best Latin Pop Album.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 711 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.