Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 711 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Mother Dináh
Cameron

• Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Examples of past Grammy nominees eligible for Best Song For Social Change

• Kendrick Lamar – HUMBLE. (3w/4n)
    • JAY-Z – The Story of O.J. (0w/3n)
    • Childish Gambino – This is America (4w/4n)
    • Brandi Carlile – The Joke (2w/4n)
    • Beyoncé – Black Parade (1w/4n)
    • H.E.R. – I Can’t Breathe (1w/1n)
    • Lil Baby – The Bigger Picture (0w/2n)
    • Brothers Osborne – Younger Me (1w/1n)

Since Demi Lovato was brought up, the following song is a much bigger contender than 29, though it’s almost definitely not getting awarded:

•  Christina Aguilera, Demi Lovato – Fall In Line (0w/1n)

I doubt she even remembers “Commander in Chief”. I don’t want “Better Than We Found It” and “A Beautiful Noise” to be awarded either because those are not on the same level as “Not Ready to Make Nice”

This category is not the VMAs Video for Good category. Don’t expect superficial shit like “Chained To The Rhythm” and “Supplies”.

Che
    Topics:

The Music Film category is for non-fictional music-related documentaries, concert films and visual albums. “All Too Well” is NOT eligible.

Music Film

Adele One Night Only
    Jazz Fest: A New Orleans Story
    Moonage Daydream
    The Beatles: Get Back
    This Much I Know to Be True

(Sheryl / driving home 2 u: a SOUR film / One Last Time: An Evening with Tony Bennett and Lady Gaga)

Music Video

Adele, Easy On Me
    Kendrick Lamar & Taylour Paige, We Cry Together
    Lizzo, About Damn Time
    Harry Styles, As It Was
    Taylor Swift, All Too Well: The Short Film

(Bad Habit / City of Gods / You And Me On The Rock)

Che
    Topics:

Even if old songs that already won Grammys are eligible for Song for Social Change, I think the Blue Ribbon Committee will want to recognize songs that didn’t make it before, maybe from lesser-known but respectable artists. Or it’s just H.E.R. again.

Hildreth
    Topics:

I find this voting change very interesting.

There will be a system in place
    for voters to first assess and
    evaluate all eligible nominees in
    any category, and “select” as many
    boxes as needed – thus, creating
    a “Selects Bin” for that particular
    voting category.

Voters used to click on their first, what five nominations in each category that they liked. Since you can’t review your votes, you just say f*ck it and submit. Now you are able to make a shortlist in each category then from there you can chose what ones you want to vote for by whittling them down. That’s good for people at he end of the alphabet.

Mother Dináh
    Topics:

*irony*

With this new voting system they might as well retroactively give Blinding Lights ROTY & BPSP and Starting Over or Heaux Tales AOTY.

Long story short: Kanye West & Taylor Swift are never missing a nomination again.

fabcjr
    Topics:

The Grammy has been so weird in recent years, some weird rules, completely unnecessary and dubious categories… the decline is real.

After what happened to Abel, they are doing everything to regain credibility. Nowadays winning such an award does not change anything in the artist’s life.

In the past, winning an award like this leveraged careers and made the records sell. After jon batiste you could see that the impact of the Grammy died.

Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Super late contender for a BPD/GP nomination

Edit: Okay, I heard the song and it’s not happening. This is some Walmart Hyper-Pop shit. It sounds… bad, but I’m happy that two trans people are topping the charts.

Voyage
    Topics:

I personally don’t vibe with that song, it is kinda bland. But teenagers run the music industry and they have been expecting the song since Sam teased it on Tiktok so it is what it is.

Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Sam hasn’t been a factor at the Grammys for a while. Doubt this song will be their comeback.

Goldwing
    Topics:

The Grammy has been so weird in recent years, some weird rules, completely unnecessary and dubious categories… the decline is real. After what happened to Abel, they are doing everything to regain credibility. Nowadays winning such an award does not change anything in the artist’s life. In the past, winning an award like this leveraged careers and made the records sell. After jon batiste you could see that the impact of the Grammy died.

The decline didn’t start with Abel, it started with Lorde and the expansion of 8 nominees to be more inclusive.

The problem with the academy is the gap it has with the public who are now much more demanding with what they want to see. And the public are not just Twitter kids throwing tantrums because their artist with a million albums sold didn’t win anything, there are legitimate criticisms and the academy knows it, they just handle it in a very desperate way.

Hi.

fabcjr
    Topics:

I’m living to see what they’re going to do with Bad Bunny, Rosália, Karol G, Becky G and Anitta this year. Names who were singing Spanish that broke the bubble and even having the Latin Grammy that is directed to them the recording academy will have to find a way to put these names to participate in the 2023 ceremony because if you don’t put it will be very bad

Chickenwings
    Topics:

Tate almost got a top 10 album without selling vinyls, album got 35+ million streams first week and had a sold out tour. I think she’s one of the newer pop girls most deserving to get a bna nom

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, unfortunately, Sam Smith is NOT happening in Best Pop Duo/Group Performance.  Voters are over them.

fabcjr
    Topics:

<span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Tate quase conseguiu um álbum no top 10 sem vender vinis, o álbum teve mais de 35 milhões de streams na primeira semana e teve uma turnê esgotada. </span><span style=”vertical-align: inherit;”>Eu acho que ela é uma das garotas pop mais novas que mais merecem receber um nom bna</span></span>

If she couldn’t happen in popular awards like VMAs or something like that, why would she be at an award that involves music professionals? At the Grammys I don’t think it happens at all. I believe it will be happening at iHeart Radio events for sure this year

Che
    Topics:

If she couldn’t happen in popular awards like VMAs or something like that, why would she be at an award that involves music professionals? 

Simply because those type of award shows are not always precedents for the Grammys. Filler Unexpected nominees happen every year, especially in a category with 10 slots and no clear frontrunners.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 711 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.