Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 711 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Mother Dináh
Cameron

• Cameron
    Topics:

<p style=”text-align: center;”>

Is this eligible for a Grammy? https://www.udiscovermusic.com/news/apple-music-billie-eilish-livestream/embed/#?secret=XOeHMvGNJo

</p>
    If it’s available like a tour DVD then yes most likely.

hessa_life
    Topics:

wait I thought Dove isn’t gonna be eligible since she doesn’t have an album yet?

Stream “emails I can’t send” by Sabrina Carpenter!!

Gucci
    Topics:

Dove Cameron + thought of winning Best New Artist =

Crandon
    Topics:

Harry Styles‘ “As It Was” logs a 15th week at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart. Only three songs have led longer over the survey’s 64-year history, while “As It Was” claims outright the longest reign for a song by a British artist, as well as by an act with no accompanying artists.

“As It Was” now solely boasts the fourth-longest reign in the Hot 100’s history, dating to the chart’s Aug. 4, 1958, inception. It has achieved the longest command since Lil Nas X’s “Old Town Road,” featuring Billy Ray Cyrus (also on Columbia), ruled for a record 19 weeks in 2019.

– Billboard

But Adele will still win, right? Because she’s Adele. No other reason at this point. Easy on Me is just another soppy piano ballad whereas As It Was at least references the pandemic.

Melodies
    Topics:

Harry Styles‘ “As It Was” logs a 15th week at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart. Only three songs have led longer over the survey’s 64-year history, while “As It Was” claims outright the longest reign for a song by a British artist, as well as by an act with no accompanying artists. “As It Was” now solely boasts the fourth-longest reign in the Hot 100’s history, dating to the chart’s Aug. 4, 1958, inception. It has achieved the longest command since Lil Nas X’s “Old Town Road,” featuring Billy Ray Cyrus (also on Columbia), ruled for a record 19 weeks in 2019. – Billboard But Adele will still win, right? Because she’s Adele. No other reason at this point. Easy on Me is just another soppy piano ballad whereas As It Was at least references the pandemic.

As someone who’s up Harry’s ass: yes, she’ll most likely win. Better come to terms with it.

Hildreth
    Topics:

1. Why do people want to listen to “As It Was” more than twice?

2. Do FYC posters and submissions start trickling in at the end of the submission period (Late-Sep) or at the start of the voting period (Mid-Oct)?

P(oweR) Valley
    Topics:

“As It Was” is very competitive for a few Grammys, but posting its stats to “prove” that it deserves the awards when “Despacito,” “Old Town Road” and “One Sweet Day” failed to win in the general field is funny. Only “Old Town Road” managed to win genre awards, but it still couldn’t overtake a one-week #1 in ROTY.

And we gotta stop acting like a “Take on Me” redux is something innovative.

ELIAS✨
    Topics:

I agree with all those points said above, but Harry did deliver the most memorable song of 2022. IMO, it deserves ROTY, but only due to the impact, not technical ability. However, it’s a solid track, and it measures up with its possible ROTY counterparts . 

Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Stats aren’t the be all to end all at the Grammys. Mariah Carey had the biggest song in ‘96 yet still went 0/6. There are many examples.

GD
    Topics:

I just want Elton John and Dua Lipa to win BPPDG for Cold Heart

Melodies
    Topics:

“As It Was” is very competitive for a few Grammys, but posting its stats to “prove” that it deserves the awards when “Despacito,” “Old Town Road” and “One Sweet Day” failed to win in the general field is funny. Only “Old Town Road” managed to win genre awards, but it still couldn’t overtake a one-week #1 in ROTY. And we gotta stop acting like a “Take on Me” redux is something innovative.

If synthesizer = Take On Me for you, then your comprehension of music is overly shallow. The chords, the structure, literally every other instrument, the themes (lyrics + ambiance), there’s no other point of comparison

Also, whether you like it or not, As It Was is a better song and more Grammy friendly than Old Town Road and Despacito combined, you legit can’t compare (and Old Town Road did win anyway)…

One Sweet Day lost to Kiss From A Rose in ROTY, one of music history’s most iconic songs. The pop loss was a bit more of a WTF, but probably more to do with the fact that it was placed in pop when the song consisted of black artists, Boyz II Men in particular was never placed in pop aside from this song, and while Mariah was and had won 1 pop award prior to it, she also lost another 6 pop nominations prior to that ceremony, including for Hero. She would go on to win 3 more Grammys in her career, all of them in R&B.

6 out of the 7 songs As It Was surpassed this week, (all of them except La Macarena), won Grammys, two of them won ROTY.

If you’re gonna bring up old stats to try and support an argument, don’t cut them off and put them out of context.

Harry will most likely lose because he’s against Adele. If he wasn’t against Adele, he’d most likely win. Be for real now, you KNOW it’s true.

Boz
    Topics:

It’s truly wild how “One Sweet Day” lost Pop Collab, that would definitely be a massive snub nowadays.

Bridgers13
    Topics:

I don’t really like any of the songs being predicted for the category that much, but I low key would like to see Coldplay and BTS winning Pop Duo/Group.

P(oweR) Valley
    Topics:

If synthesizer = Take On Me for you, then your comprehension of music is overly shallow. The chords, the structure, literally every other instrument, the themes (lyrics + ambiance), there’s no other point of comparison

Also, whether you like it or not, As It Was is a better song and more Grammy friendly than Old Town Road and Despacito combined, you legit can’t compare (and Old Town Road did win anyway)…

One Sweet Day lost to Kiss From A Rose in ROTY, one of music history’s most iconic songs. The pop loss was a bit more of a WTF, but probably more to do with the fact that it was placed in pop when the song consisted of black artists, Boyz II Men in particular was never placed in pop aside from this song, and while Mariah was and had won 1 pop award prior to it, she also lost another 6 pop nominations prior to that ceremony, including for Hero. She would go on to win 3 more Grammys in her career, all of them in R&B.

6 out of the 7 songs As It Was surpassed this week, (all of them except La Macarena), won Grammys, two of them won ROTY.

If you’re gonna bring up old stats to try and support an argument, don’t cut them off and put them out of context.

Harry will most likely lose because he’s against Adele. If he wasn’t against Adele, he’d most likely win. Be for real now, you KNOW it’s true.

I’m sorry, but there are plenty of articles that have pointed out the “Take on Me” similarities in “As It Was.” So, no. My comprehension is NOT “shallow.” And you can SCOOT with this long ass essay. I do not care.

Gucci
    Topics:

Get fucking real!  “As It Was” is NOT the most memorable song of 2022.  Pure delusion.  Harry Styles’ fans are straight up looney tunes.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 711 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.