Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 711 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Mother Dináh
Cameron

• Pip
    Topics:

Get fucking real too looney Adele Sweepers. As It Was is number 1 for 15 weeks, in the top 2 for 24 weeks and never gotten below the top 3 since it’s release. Whereas EOM is long forgotten never heard never talked about again in most of 2022 and you think that soppy boring piano ballad which sounds similar to most of her previous songs with very little innovation is going to sweep again for the third time? The injustice of previous undeserved Adele sweeps has not been rectified and you think the industry is ready for another sweep again for an album long forgotten.

Cameron
    Topics:

It’s truly wild how “One Sweet Day” lost Pop Collab, that would definitely be a massive snub nowadays.

Also her lost to Joni Mitchell. They could’ve thrown her a bone there too. Turbulent Indigo was one of Joni’s career best so I could see why she won.

P(oweR) Valley
    Topics:

Get fucking real too looney Adele Sweepers. As It Was is number 1 for 15 weeks, in the top 2 for 24 weeks and never gotten below the top 3 since it’s release. Whereas EOM is long forgotten never heard never talked about again in most of 2022 and you think that soppy boring piano ballad which sounds similar to most of her previous songs with very little innovation is going to sweep again for the third time? The injustice of previous undeserved Adele sweeps has not been rectified and you think the industry is ready for another sweep again for an album long forgotten.

85% of your posts is about Adele. Imagine having to use an account to troll about an artist who releases every 10 years. Get help. lol

Cameron
    Topics:

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js wait I thought Dove isn’t gonna be eligible since she doesn’t have an album yet?

Best New Artist — Eligibility is having at least 5 tracks/singles released OR an album. Dove Cameron has 9 stand alone singles as a lead artist so she’s deemed eligible. I think this would be the first time she’s submitted. I don’t see her winning at all though. Her VMA win doesn’t really translate to anything.

Mrostamen
    Topics:

yep adele sweeps.
    you whine

musiccisum
    Topics:

this forum has gotten so annoying & I‘ll probably get shit for that comment as well. I honestly don’t understand why people constantly go at each other and can’t discuss respectfully with each other. also the double standard when it comes to certain artists is real on here. e.g. we know many people on here aren’t the biggest Styles fan, but it’s just so embarrassing how nearly every discussion about him ends with him or the poster being dragged by some of you. this forum sometimes really feels like stan twitter.

Munchi
    Topics:

You totally have a point except that the users acting like Twitter stans are specific young angsty Harry fans.

Two of those accounts use language too similarly, especially the phrase “soppy ballad”. They’re likely the same user coming here to randomly shit on Adele.

This forum does not hate Harry, I remember ranking AIW higher than any Adele song on my list of favourite songs in 2022.

However, whoever expects a bunch of adults to just agree with them all the time needs to grow up. Everyone has faves yet many users here see reason when a comment on those faves are not positive.

Why must we be different for Harry?

bledsoe
    Topics:

Harry Styles‘ “As It Was” logs a 15th week at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart. Only three songs have led longer over the survey’s 64-year history, while “As It Was” claims outright the longest reign for a song by a British artist, as well as by an act with no accompanying artists. “As It Was” now solely boasts the fourth-longest reign in the Hot 100’s history, dating to the chart’s Aug. 4, 1958, inception. It has achieved the longest command since Lil Nas X’s “Old Town Road,” featuring Billy Ray Cyrus (also on Columbia), ruled for a record 19 weeks in 2019. – Billboard But Adele will still win, right? Because she’s Adele. No other reason at this point. Easy on Me is just another soppy piano ballad whereas As It Was at least references the pandemic.

I believe that no serious user of this forum discredits Harry’s potential in this next Grammy. However, you can’t be outraged that people are betting on Adele. Every year there’s always a bunch that show the chart data here, on Twitter, or anywhere. And at the end of the day, the only thing that’ll matter is whether voters like Harry more than Adele, not whether the song stayed five weeks longer at number one on Billboard. Adele could release a “Joanne” and still be the favorite, imagine “Easy On Me” that was a big hit. He can win, but using chart data to prove anything is silly, so we went back to the same Olivia Rodrigo debate last year, and we know well how it ended.

musiccisum
    Topics:

However, whoever expects a bunch of adults to sheepishly agree with them all the time needs to grow up. Everyone has faves yet many users here see reason when a comment on those faves are not positive. Why must we be different for Harry? Y’all expect us to hide under a rock when you talk about him?

it goes both ways & harry was just an example. it would just be nice if we ALL could return to an adult discussion without insulting or mocking each other. we can discuss topics and disagree without this immediate negative tone towards one another.

Ronald Cruz
    Topics:

this forum has gotten so annoying & I‘ll probably get shit for that comment as well. I honestly don’t understand why people constantly go at each other and can’t discuss respectfully with each other. also the double standard when it comes to certain artists is real on here. e.g. we know many people on here aren’t the biggest Styles fan, but it’s just so embarrassing how nearly every discussion about him ends with him or the poster being dragged by some of you. this forum sometimes really feels like stan twitter.

It’s a basic lack of decency, civility, and respect. Not to mention emotional maturity. A civilized person can disagree with someone else or even strongly dislike another artist without being rude or toxic about it.

fabcjr
    Topics:

I’m here to see Bad Bunny beat Harry. While he makes 15 nights in the garden, Bad Bunny fills stadiums without strength and has the best-selling album of the year.

Melodies
    Topics:

I’m sorry, but there are plenty of articles that have pointed out the “Take on Me” similarities in “As It Was.” So, no. My comprehension is NOT “shallow.” And you can SCOOT with this long ass essay. I do not care.

Oh no, not ARTICLES. Music analysts have said they’re not alike, but if ARTICLES say so then it MUST be true!

If you do not care then you do not talk about it. Rule number 1 of not caring.

I’ll make it simple for you, no essays: 7/10 songs in the “most weeks at number 1” territory won Grammys. Two out of the remaining three were in Spanish, the third one was an absolute anomaly that lost to a beast of a song.

musiccisum
    Topics:

I’m here to see Bad Bunny beat Harry. While he makes 15 nights in the garden, Bad Bunny fills stadiums without strength and has the best-selling album of the year.

if we‘re going after charts and success the winners would have to look like this:

AOTY: Bad Bunny

ROTY: As it was

SOTY: Easy on me (because it’s supposed to be about the songwriting where Adele easily beats As it was)

& I honestly wouldn’t be mad about this outcome

Melodies
    Topics:

This Bad Bunny vs Harry beef is literally just in your heads.

They’re both ginormous right now and they’re not at odds with one another in any kind of way. They have completely different sounds and completely different audiences. They’re BOTH huge in terms of touring right now as well. Bad Bunny is NOT selling more tickets than Harry. Harry sold 719,000 tickets for the first leg of the US tour, and is selling 800,000 more for the current one, both legs are in one calendar year. It’s rumored that he’ll be adding stadiums as well, which makes sense considering he sold out Wembley 4 times for next year (among others, like the Stade de France twice).

In terms of the Grammys, the only category Bad Bunny could beat Harry in is AOTY, he doesn’t have any big songs to compete in ROTY or SOTY and he’s not gonna be placed in pop. And while I think UVST should be an AOTY candidate I think we can all agree that it’s unlikely given its language and sound. Plus, I think everyone here agrees that Renaissance, Mr. Morale, and Silk Sonic are ahead of Harry’s House for AOTY, not to mention 30. So UVST wouldn’t be beating Harry’s House, it’d be beating those other albums. An AOTY nom would be reward enough for HsH.

Deemy
    Topics:

I’m tired of hearing about Dove Cameron. The only Disney stars that deserves a nomination for BNA is Coco Jones and Sabrina Carpenter.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 711 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.