Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 711 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Mother Dináh
Cameron

• P(oweR) Valley
    Topics:

this forum has gotten so annoying & I‘ll probably get shit for that comment as well. I honestly don’t understand why people constantly go at each other and can’t discuss respectfully with each other. also the double standard when it comes to certain artists is real on here. e.g. we know many people on here aren’t the biggest Styles fan, but it’s just so embarrassing how nearly every discussion about him ends with him or the poster being dragged by some of you. this forum sometimes really feels like stan twitter.

Oh well. Tell the fan to stop being obnoxious with these long ass posts. It’s one thing to defend your favorite and make well-thought arguments, but it’s another to lengthily regurgitate arguments to convince others Harry is the man (see the dumb argument a few pages regarding Bad Bunny’s album being the biggest album of the year). And the “Adele will win, but…” is equally annoying. Just go ahead and predict Harry with your whole heart.

fabcjr
    Topics:

I’m afraid Anitta will be left out of the BNA. I’m seeing Warner Records moving for Zach Bryan and now for Omar Apollo. Aaron Bay-Schuck must hate anitta a lot. He clearly hired her just to sabotage her. If it weren’t for Sony Music Publishing, anitta would be in shit if it depended on this shit label

The warner records only serves for anitta free pass for things that happen in the North American industry. Who does all the work for anitta is the Latin division of warner, which is extremely competent for anitta. Certificates purchased, advertising among other things. 3 days before the Latin Grammy nominations came out, the label had already bought an advertising page on Billboard for the song that was nominated for RECORD OF THE YEAR at the Latin Grammys

Voyage
    Topics:

Columbia would be wise not to submit Dove for BNA now. It would only be an albatross should she eventually have a breakthrough and become an obvious front runner sometime.

Don’t put off till tomorrow what you can do today. It’s better to get the nomination than not get anything.

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, Dove Cameron should be submitted to Best New Artist this cycle.  That category is weak as fuck.  She could easily win.

Mother Dináh
    Topics:

So despite Cuff It rising on the charts and Alien Superstar on social media, Church Girl would be the next single? https://www.allaccess.com/top40-rhythmic/future-releases I hope it’s only a rumour or they know what they are doing at least.

Church Girl is only being pushed on Rhythmic Airplay. Cuff It was added to important playlists on streaming services. It’s likely going to be pushed on Pop/AC radio.

It’s normal for crossover albums to have simultaneous singles getting spins on different types of stations.

Mother Dináh
    Topics:

I’m tired of hearing about Dove Cameron. The only Disney stars that deserves a nomination for BNA is Coco Jones and Sabrina Carpenter.

At this point, Sabrina Carpenter will probably never have the “big breakthrough” she was expected to have years ago.

And Disney dropped Coco Jones before she even reached adulthood.

Meanwhile, Dove Cameron is a “plant” that has been watered by the industry for years now.

She’s not an industry plant, and she may not be as populist as Sabrina or Coco, but she has the connections and the support from within the industry.

Melodies
    Topics:

Oh well. Tell the fan to stop being obnoxious with these long ass posts. It’s one thing to defend your favorite and make well-thought arguments, but it’s another to lengthily regurgitate arguments to convince others Harry is the man (see the dumb argument a few pages regarding Bad Bunny’s album being the biggest album of the year). And the “Adele will win, but…” is equally annoying. Just go ahead and predict Harry with your whole heart.

Everyone is a fan and has biases here. I’m just being upfront about it. Harry’s House is the biggest album of the year worldwide. Bad Bunny is the biggest in the US and Latin America. It’s literally raw numbers. There isn’t a way to be biased about that.

If I thought Harry could beat ADELE, then I would SAY SO, but I don’t. I think he should win ROTY and BPSP, while SOTY should probably go to EOM and AOTY should go to UVST/Renaissance, but reality says that Adele will most lilely sweep.

I think for a fan I’m pretty realistic, but now I’m being shaded for NOT being biased and ridiculous. Give me a break.

Boz
    Topics:

Reminder that y’all can just put people on ignore if you don’t want to read/see their posts.

Munchi
    Topics:

Church Girl is only being pushed on Rhythmic Airplay. Cuff It was added to important playlists on streaming services. It’s likely going to be pushed on Pop/AC radio. It’s normal for crossover albums to have simultaneous singles getting spins on different types of stations.

Not to mention that Sabrina is unfortunately signed to Island while Dove to Columbia.

Just when I thought Columbia would be progressing Choe solo and dropping Halle, she snagged Little Mermaid. They seem to always support their artists whenever possible.

Alioth
    Topics:

it goes both ways & harry was just an example. it would just be nice if we ALL could return to an adult discussion without insulting or mocking each other. we can discuss topics and disagree without this immediate negative tone towards one another.

It’s a basic lack of decency, civility, and respect. Not to mention emotional maturity. A civilized person can disagree with someone else or even strongly dislike another artist without being rude or toxic about it.

Where were these posts when a user randomly attacked me for replying someone else’s posts for something entirely different? I’ve never insulted anyone for not liking Adele… like ever.

You all like aggressive posts then feign pacifism when one negates your beliefs. Please…

Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Not to mention that Sabrina is unfortunately signed to Island while Dove to Columbia. Just when I thought Columbia would be progressing Choe solo and dropping Halle, she snagged Little Mermaid. They seem to always support their artists whenever possible.

I think you replied to the wrong post lol but I see Dove is following the sisters’ footsteps: Disney-ABC actress who signed with Columbia Records.

Alioth
    Topics:

Reminder that y’all can just put people on ignore if you don’t want to read/see their posts.

Whoever is too sensitive shouldn’t love avoidable arguments in the first place, and with such illusory intellectual superiority at that.

I only joined this forum to get in touch with and give my demo to a user who worked for Columbia. Now imagine seeing some kid like myself lecture him on how labels operate. I’m sure many other users have some industry background too hence why I don’t try to tutor anyone myself.

Let the argument play out, I’m here for it. So far, Powr is more than speaking my mind even before I think about them.

Melodies
    Topics:

Whoever is too sensitive shouldn’t love avoidable arguments in the first place, and with such illusory intellectual superiority at that. I only joined this forum to get in touch with and give my demo to a user who worked for Columbia. Now imagine seeing some kid like myself lecture him on how labels operate. I’m sure many other users have some industry background too hence why I don’t try to tutor anyone myself. Let the argument play out, I’m here for it. So far, Powr is more than speaking my mind even before I think about them.

I’m honestly very confused about this message. I don’t understand if it’s shade towards anyone in particular or a general statement, but I’ll give this general disclaimer out:

I’m not offended by any argument. I think a lot of users have airs of superiority that don’t really make any sense, but that’s about it, and it doesn’t actually bother me that much or I wouldn’t come lol. If I don’t want to discuss something, then I just don’t. If I don’t want to read someone’s comments, then I just put them on ignore. I have no beef with anyone in particular, my memory is really bad so I barely remember any users anyway. The fact that some people take this forum so seriously and have beef with one another is genuinely laughable with a strange twinge of pathetic. I think we all have bigger issues in life than predicting the Grammys, something we can’t even control anyway.

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, the delusion must stop!  Bad Bunny and Harry Styles are NOT beating Adele.

Deemy
    Topics:

Latto just released a Live version of “Big Energy”. Looks like the solo version is ineligible as we thought. I still think she should submit the remix anyways.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 711 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.