Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 711 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Mother Dináh
Cameron

• 24fanatic
    Topics:

Latto just released a Live version of “Big Energy”. Looks like the solo version is ineligible as we thought. I still think she should submit the remix anyways.

Agreed. I believe the remix would still be eligible in Rap Song, since it’s a slightly different song with slightly different lyrics, but the live solo version would not be. Why would Latto go for a single nom when she could go for 2?

Plus Mariah & DJ Khaled only help, not hurt her chances at scoring those noms.

But who knows… the record label could be weird and prefer a solo performance nom only for Latto.

fabcjr
    Topics:

And why does she think that with that bad live version she would be nominated? Very bad. I just heard

She could release an extended version of the song with something different and would continue solo. This live one is bad

aj
    Topics:

Everyone is a fan and has biases here. I’m just being upfront about it. Harry’s House is the biggest album of the year worldwide. Bad Bunny is the biggest in the US and Latin America. It’s literally raw numbers. There isn’t a way to be biased about that.

If I thought Harry could beat ADELE, then I would SAY SO, but I don’t. I think he should win ROTY and BPSP, while SOTY should probably go to EOM and AOTY should go to UVST/Renaissance, but reality says that Adele will most lilely sweep.

I think for a fan I’m pretty realistic, but now I’m being shaded for NOT being biased and ridiculous. Give me a break.

idk what numbers you going by, whether it’s UWC or Chartmasters, but UVST on both sites has more units sold than HH. it’s the biggest album of the year, it don’t matter if it’s limited to the americas cause 2 entire continents still listening 🤷‍♂️ however, Harry should at least win either ROTY or BPSP as he does have the biggest song of the year (i still think adele is taking it though lol)

Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Voters don’t care if they’re voting for a “Live Version” of a song. No one’s going to hear this version. It was released specifically so Big Energy could be eligible.

I’ll give a few examples:

• 2010 – Halo won BPSP
    • 2011 – Halo was nominated in the same category for a second time
    • 2013 – Set Fire To The Rain (Live) won BPSP yet the Grammys played the studio version as Adele approached the stage to accept her award.
    • 2015 –  Happy (Live) won BPSP yet the Grammys played the studio version as Pharrell approached the stage to accept his award. John Legend had also submitted a Live rendition of All of Me no one had heard.
    • 2019 – Camila Cabello released a live SOLO version of “Havana” without Young Thug so she could sneak into BPSP. The collaboration wouldn’t have beaten Gaga & Bradley, and the fraudulent solo live version lost to Gaga anyway. lmao

Voters will think of the original version they heard all year when voting for Big Energy. One thing is for sure: it’s not eligible for Best Rap Song nor SOTY. It would’ve easily gotten both nominations.

Melodies
    Topics:

idk what numbers you going by, whether it’s UWC or Chartmasters, but UVST on both sites has more units sold than HH. it’s the biggest album of the year, it don’t matter if it’s limited to the americas cause 2 entire continents still listening 🤷‍♂️ however, Harry should at least win either ROTY or BPSP as he does have the biggest song of the year (i still think adele is taking it though lol)

In UWC he only passed HsH last week, and I’m basing it on how many more countries one is bigger than the other. Harry has Oceania, Europe, Asia, and even Africa, while Benito has the Americas and Spain, it’s just that he makes more difference in the Americas.

It does matter if it’s just limited to the Americas if we’re talking about worldwide consumption. Of course the final number will favor Benito (and I’m not mad about it, as I said, I want him to get into AOTY and I would love for him to win it), but I don’t think we can use his overwhelming advantage in the Americas to reflect worldwide consumption and noting that other artists (not just Harry, BTS as well, and Adele and Ed) fared better in most of the world is not a slight towards him, nor should it be read that way.

I agree that Harry should take ROTY and BPSP but he isn’t, which is a shame, but he’ll be fine.

Deemy
    Topics:

Voters don’t care if they’re voting for a “Live Version” of a song. No one’s going to hear this version. It was released specifically so Big Energy could be eligible.

I’ll give a few examples:

• 2010 – Halo won BPSP
    • 2011 – Halo was nominated in the same category for a second time
    • 2013 – Set Fire To The Rain (Live) won BPSP yet the Grammys played the studio version as Adele approached the stage to accept her award.
    • 2015 – Happy (Live) won BPSP yet the Grammys played the studio version as Pharrell approached the stage to accept his award. John Legend had also submitted a Live rendition of All of Me no one had heard.
    • 2019 – Camila Cabello released a live SOLO version of “Havana” without Young Thug so she could sneak into BPSP. The collaboration wouldn’t have beaten Gaga & Bradley, and the fraudulent solo live version lost to Gaga anyway. lmao

Voters will think of the original version they heard all year when voting for Big Energy. One thing is for sure: it’s not eligible for Best Rap Song nor SOTY. It would’ve easily gotten both nominations.

Live versions only work in the Pop categories I fear. Latto is not happening now if she submits the live version. BNA may be her only nomination.

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, no matter what Latto releases, she is NOT winning a damn thing.

Boz
    Topics:

Live versions only work in the Pop categories I fear. Latto is not happening now if she submits the live version. BNA may be her only nomination.

Being fair, we don’t really have live versions in rap; this is a first. But also, live versions do happen in other fields like Rock, Americana, and Country.

Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Latto could win BNA. There’s no clear frontrunner. “Big Energy” might get sent to Pop.

Tyler The Semi-Retired Awesome Guy
    Topics:

Pop Duo/Group Performance Potential Nominees

Note: Most of these I don’t think stand a chance, and some won’t even be submitted

AM Gold- Train
    Bad For Me- Meghan Trainor feat. Teddy Swims
    Bam Bam- Camila Cabello feat. Ed Sheeran
    Bones- Imagine Dragons
    Cold Heart (PNAU Remix)- Elton John and Dua Lipa
    COMPLETE MESS- 5 Seconds of Summer
    Don’t Let the Light Go Out- Panic! at the Disco
    Easy Lover- Ellie Goulding feat. Big Sean
    Enemy- Imagine Dragons, JID, and League of Legends
    Hold Me Closer- Britney Spears and Elton John
    I Ain’t Worried- OneRepublic
    I Like You (A Happier Song)- Post Malone feat. Doja Cat
    Move- Beyoncé feat. Grace Jones and Tems
    My Universe- Coldplay and BTS
    SUPERMODEL- Måneskin
    Sweetest Pie- Megan Thee Stallion and Dua Lipa
    We Don’t Talk About Bruno- Encanto
    When I’m Gone- Alesso and Katy Perry
    2step- Ed Sheeran feat. Lil Baby

Unfortunately I think My Universe is probably the frontrunner here unless Cold Heart is submitted (that being said I’m assuming it won’t be). Nominee predictions: My Universe, Move, I Like You, We Don’t Talk About Bruno, and Sweetest Pie. My alts would be Bam Bam and whichever song is submitted by Imagine Dragons. Disappointed by the potential line up: not a big fan of Coldplay, BTS, Doja Cat, Beyoncé, and Post Malone and none of the nominees (or really majority of the songs listed) are songs I’d consider Grammy-worthy

Wait… isn’t Panic! at the Disco one person now? How can he compete in “Pop Duo/Group Performance”

I am semi-retired on GoldDerby. Still predicting but infrequent in the forums. I am sorry for my past behaviour.

jjjmoss
    Topics:

looks like bad bunny will pass adele this week or so in terms of total activity since release, whew!

P(oweR) Valley
    Topics:

Latto just released a Live version of “Big Energy”. Looks like the solo version is ineligible as we thought. I still think she should submit the remix anyways.

Labels make it so obvious. I remember when John Legend, Pharrell, Camila Cabello and Dua Lipa released live versions of their hits right at the end of cutoff. Beyoncé and Adele situations were already apart of live music films, at least.

Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  Latto could NOT win Best New Artist.  That bitch is no Megan Thee Stallion.

Mother Dináh
    Topics:

New Kid Cudi album Sep 30. Could possibly sneak somewhere in Rap depending on how it performs/it’s received.

Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

There’s a lot of speculation that Frank Ocean might be dropping something this Friday (9/30), however it could just be speculation and rumors.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 361 through 375 (of 711 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.