Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 711 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Mother Dináh
Cameron

• Cameron
    Topics:

They nominated evermore 🤷‍♂️

She almost had NO nominations. She got verylucky with evermore actually.

Munchi
    Topics:

Rosalía had one of the most commented and acclaimed albums of the year. She has already won a grammy and she is a BNA nominee. I understand the arguments of her not getting nominated, I really do. I just have another opinion, and that’s ok. But saying that it’s “self-explanatory” that she’s not getting nominated..? I don’t get it.

You should know Gucci will never reason with you by now.

Only pick out the key message if you wish, the embellishments will always be caustic and without provocation.

Rich Thot
    Topics:

The following statements may disappoint some people:

• Rina Sawayama is only a thing on Stan Twitter. She’s not happening, unfortunately.
    • Megan Thee Stallion had a much stronger 2020 than Doja Cat. The “Say So” singer was a one-hit wonder prior to the release of Planet Her. Her true breakthrough year was 2021. She was filler in BNA due to being a late bloomer.
    • Planet Her was a blockbuster because of Pop/R&B crossover appeal. She received 8 nominations because of that + popularity + her ballot position. Let’s not fool ourselves and think she’ll effortlessly get name-checked across the board every year.
    • Latto doesn’t have as much industry credit as Megan Thee Stallion. Her connections to Beyoncé and Cardi automatically attracted the more “serious” Grammy voters to her side. Yes, in spite of “WAP” being, well “WAP”.
    • I noticed a surge of Anitta fans on Gold Derby lately. Don’t get your hopes up. Just a nomination would be a huge deal for her. She’s being predicted because of her ballot placement and her hilariously extensive and established career both giving her a little boost in such a weak year for Best New Artist. The winner is going to be either Zach Bryan or an upcoming Grammy darling with plenty of connections at the NARAS.

I don’t think Doja was a filler nominee. By the time the final ballots came out she had won BNA at a handful of industry awards and “Streets” was also doing well. While her album was steady on the charts. She was simply unlikely to beat Megan and probably Phoebe. I could also see her having another good nomination year. Planet Her continued to do well into this year. And she’s had a few singles this year that’s done numbers and have been steady charts wise (Woman, I Like You, Vegas, Get Into It). So, people are underestimating her nomination power like they did last year.

If anything, “WAP” likely helped solidify Megan’s BNA win along with collabing with Beyoncé. “WAP” may be “WAP” but it showed (or at least at the time it seemed to show) that perhaps Megan was gonna have a decent amount of hits the rest of her career.

I could see Rina maybe, possibly getting into BNA just because it’s so weak and because she still has some residual good faith from her debut. Don’t really think it’ll happen though with her album and singles not doing anything.

Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

The following statements may disappoint some people:

• Rina Sawayama is only a thing on Stan Twitter. She’s not happening, unfortunately.
    • Megan Thee Stallion had a much stronger 2020 than Doja Cat. The “Say So” singer was a one-hit wonder prior to the release of Planet Her. Her true breakthrough year was 2021. She was filler in BNA due to being a late bloomer.
    • Planet Her was a blockbuster because of Pop/R&B crossover appeal. She received 8 nominations because of that + popularity + her ballot position. Let’s not fool ourselves and think she’ll effortlessly get name-checked across the board every year.
    • Latto doesn’t have as much industry credit as Megan Thee Stallion. Her connections to Beyoncé and Cardi automatically attracted the more “serious” Grammy voters to her side. Yes, in spite of “WAP” being, well “WAP”.
    • I noticed a surge of Anitta fans on Gold Derby lately. Don’t get your hopes up. Just a nomination would be a huge deal for her. She’s being predicted because of her ballot placement and her hilariously extensive and established career both giving her a little boost in such a weak year for Best New Artist. The winner is going to be either Zach Bryan or an upcoming Grammy darling with plenty of connections at the NARAS.

OT but do we think Rina will be placed in Alternative or Pop? I’m guessing the latter.

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, this is NOT rocket science.  Rosalía is a flop in America.  She needs a committee to get in Album of the Year.  Bad Bunny is more likely to happen.

fabcjr
    Topics:

I find it very funny how some profiles say ”IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN, IT WILL NEVER WIN” So far no vehicle in fact has made a good precision. Everything is so uncertain! I definitely always wait for something shocking when it comes to the Grammys. As well as the indication of jhene aiko in AOTY

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, users thought Rina Sawayama was happening in 2020.  It would take an act of Congress for her to get in Best New Artist.

cranbur
    Topics:

Could Latto submit both Big Energy (Live) and Big Energy (Remix)? I could see the live version getting a rap performance nod & the remix in melodic rap

delusional

Cameron
    Topics:

Could Latto submit both Big Energy (Live) and Big Energy (Remix)? I could see the live version getting a rap performance nod & the remix in melodic rap

That wouldn’t be logical at all but it’s obvious they’re going for the Live Version rather than the remix . Both versions would be sent to Melodic Rap.

theeboywithlluv
    Topics:

the live version is so bad i highly doubt that’ll be nominated if she just submits the single without the live version or mariah she could be front-runner in whatever rap category it’s nominated in

Boz
    Topics:

Pro tip for new users: voters don’t actually listen to the live version, they just vote like they were voting for the original.

Boz
    Topics:

Could Latto submit both Big Energy (Live) and Big Energy (Remix)?

No

J
    Topics:

the live version is so bad i highly doubt that’ll be nominated if she just submits the single without the live version or mariah she could be front-runner in whatever rap category it’s nominated in

Voters treat the live version as the studio version. They don’t actually listen to it.

Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Honey, this is NOT rocket science. Rosalía is a flop in America. She needs a committee to get in Album of the Year. Bad Bunny is more likely to happen.

I’m glad you’ve finally changed your mind on Bad Bunny. He’s probably a lock in AOTY at this point. Rosalía would definitely need a committee to sneak in. Like she did with her BNA nomination.

Rich Thot
    Topics:

OT but do we think Rina will be placed in Alternative or Pop? I’m guessing the latter.

The album is more straight-forward Pop than her debut. I see no reason for her to go Alternative. They’ll likely move her anyways.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 421 through 435 (of 711 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.