Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 711 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Mother Dináh
Cameron

• Slw84
    Topics:

Given how hard adele trashtalked them last time around, and given how forgettable ’30’ was, what are the chances AOTY goes to silk sonic/bad bunny or even Hairy Styles?

I don’t see Adele getting the AOTY. You make a good point about her negative comments after winning and it was cringe when she broke that grammy to share with Beyonce like it was a show and tell class. Imagine if she won again, she’s probably thrown the grammy down on the ground or refuse to go to the stage. The optics won’t play well for both sides.

ROTY and SOTY seems strong for her and other categories but maybe I’m in the minority I think she is a lot weaker for an AOTY than people think. She’s a locked nom, though.

fabcjr
    Topics:

I feel that warner records will bet everything on Zach Bryan in the promotional acts in BNA. Every year they get the back cover of the Billboard Grammy Preview edition and final edition to get votes

P(oweR) Valley
    Topics:

I don’t see Adele getting the AOTY. You make a good point about her negative comments after winning and it was cringe when she broke that grammy to share with Beyonce like it was a show and tell class. Imagine if she won again, she’s probably thrown the grammy down on the ground or refuse to go to the stage. The optics won’t play well for both sides.

ROTY and SOTY seems strong for her and other categories but maybe I’m in the minority I think she is a lot weaker for an AOTY than people think. She’s a locked nom, though.

Adele didn’t break the Grammy to give it to Beyonce. It accidentally broke. Besides, that was a prop, not her actual Grammy.

Melodies
    Topics:

I wonder if some voters might go “well, last time I voted for her she said Beyoncé should’ve won, I might as well just vote for Beyoncé now and save myself the trouble”

Melodies
    Topics:

Also, re: Bad Bunny. UVST is a great feat of Spanish music, especially it being reggaeton, so I’m not ever going to diminish how big it being #1 for so many weeks is, but similarly to the criticism of AIW being #1 with 200 points, Bad Bunny has been #1 with 90/100K sales literally all of its weeks except the first one. It’s ALSO #1 because no one else is making waves. Very few big people released this year, and those who did, didn’t get big numbers (such as Post Malone). On any other year, UVST wouldn’t have been #1 for most of its weeks, just like on any other year, AIW wouldn’t have been #1 for a lot of its weeks (AIW actually had a few weeks with A TON of points tho).

Ultimately they both deserve to be where they are and I doubt voters are looking at units sold or points made per week. All they’ll see is the stats. And in either case it won’t be enough because both are competing against Adele lmao, but in both cases it should be enough.

My winners:

AOTY: UVST
    ROTY: As It Was
    SOTY: Easy On Me
    BPVA: 30
    BPSP: As It Was
    BPDP: Bruno
    Video: All Too Well

+ Beyoncé winning all her genre noms (except maybe BMS if it’s nominated in Pop).

That’s WHAT I WOULD LIKE, it’s not what I think is gonna happen.

Deemy
    Topics:

I fear if Beyoncé doesn’t win this year she won’t ever win. I wish the Blue Ribbon Panel was back to guarantee her a win. Because they would’ve had the balls to block Adele in a 5-album lineup.

Renaissance
    Un Verano Sin Ti
    Harry’s House
    (A “Rock” album)
    (A country album)

strangemercy
    Topics:

Renaissance Un Verano Sin Ti Harry’s House (A “Rock” album) (A country album)

30, Un Verano Sin Ti, Renaissance, Dragon New Warm Mountain I Believe In You and An Evening With Silk Sonic.

Gucci
    Topics:

Get real!  If the blue-ribbon committee still existed, they would NOT have blocked Adele to ensure a Beyoncé win.

Mother Dináh
    Topics:

I fear if Beyoncé doesn’t win this year she won’t ever win. I wish the Blue Ribbon Panel was back to guarantee her a win. Because they would’ve had the balls to block Adele in a 5-album lineup. Renaissance Un Verano Sin Ti Harry’s House (A “Rock” album) (A country album)

I think Brandi Carlile (the “Country” album) would win. If Chris Stapleton & Kacey Musgraves couldn’t sneak into the GF last year, Miranda & Maren won’t this year. Zach Bryan is the only possibility, but AOTY seems too much for a debutant Country act. Even Kacey & The Chicks were relegated to the Country field when competing for the first time.

Here’s how Beyoncé could win AOTY:

• Bad Bunny – Un Verano Sin Ti
    • Beyoncé – RENAISSANCE
    • Mary J. Blige – Good Morning Gorgeous
    • Coldplay – Music of the Spheres
    • Jack Harlow – Come Home The Kids Miss You
    • Kendrick Lamar – Mr. Morale & The Big Steppers
    • Lizzo – Special
    • ROSALÍA – MOTOMAMI
    • Ed Sheeran – =
    • Summer Walker – Still Over It

The blocks would be even more evident than when folklore was set up to win, but Bey would win.

aj
    Topics:

Also, re: Bad Bunny. UVST is a great feat of Spanish music, especially it being reggaeton, so I’m not ever going to diminish how big it being #1 for so many weeks is, but similarly to the criticism of AIW being #1 with 200 points, Bad Bunny has been #1 with 90/100K sales literally all of its weeks except the first one. It’s ALSO #1 because no one else is making waves. Very few big people released this year, and those who did, didn’t get big numbers (such as Post Malone). On any other year, UVST wouldn’t have been #1 for most of its weeks,

selling over 100k for 16 weeks in a very impressive and it hasn’t been done since 25, not too mention that the numbers he was doing are some artists peaks. and big artists did release, they just failed to maintain stability like bad bunny did (beyonce, kendrick, harry)

Melodies
    Topics:

selling over 100k for 16 weeks in a very impressive and it hasn’t been done since 25, not too mention that the numbers he was doing are some artists peaks. and big artists did release, they just failed to maintain stability like bad bunny did (beyonce, kendrick, harry)

And doing 400/200 points for 26 weeks is something no artist had done before, yet it doesn’t change the fact that in any other year AIW wouldn’t have been #1 for 15 weeks and Bad Bunny wouldn’t have been #1 for 12. That’s my point and this is a strawman argument because it has nothing to do with what I initially said (re: in any other year, he wouldn’t have had 12 weeks at #1).

Putting Harry on the same basket as Kendrick and Beyoncé is disingenuous… Harry’s House is already above Renaissance despite being released months prior and it’s more than doubling Mr. Morale. Harry in particular performed more than fine, he’s even overperforming Fine Line (both in units and in placement). It’s obviously not performing at the level of UVST, partly because it has 10 less tracks (average per track for UVST in SEA is 3,873. Harry’s House is 2,273, there’s a difference, but it’s definitely not that big, and it would be negligible if we factored in that HsH is outselling in TEA and pure).

Other artists did underperform, but in general music consumption is down, that’s my point. Music consumption is down for albums and for songs, which allows any song or album that’s doing relatively well to break records left and right. It was not a diss at UVST… it was a contextualization of the numbers because it’s kinda tiring to read people act like AIW is somehow to blame for music consumption being low and undeserving of its records… if a song is able to be consumed this much on this climate, then it deserves those records. If an album (especially an album in Spanish!) is able to be consumed this much in this climate, then it deserves those records.

P(oweR) Valley
    Topics:

Why did you start? lol

Munchi
    Topics:

With Bad Habits set to remain popular throughout voting period, and Steve giving artistic vibes, I expect to see him in many categories where name advantage might not be an issue. He could even be the Jon/Jacob in AOTY, who knows.

Moreover, I need Jacob to release a more commercial album next year. Something more Jazz-Pop or Jazz-Funk like music from Cory J. Wong.

Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

I would actually love if we got a surprise ROTY win for About Damn Time. That song is just so good and gets better with every listen. But it’s probably going to Adele or Harry.

Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, the good: “As It Was” NOT #1.

Honey, the bad: “Bad Habit” hitting #1.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 711 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.