Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 711 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Mother Dináh
Cameron

• theeboywithlluv
    Topics:

is it possible for glorilla to get a bna nom “F.N.F. (Let’s Go)” was a summer anthem hit and still charting on bb 14 weeks later and she also got another song called “blessed” that’s doing pretty good numbers on youtube but i feel like they will give her the same treatment as coi leray ?

Cameron
    Topics:

Glorilla …

theeboywithlluv
    Topics:

Glorilla …

lmao you’d be surprised 🤣

Deemy
    Topics:

Beyoncé does not have one rap song on the album. So how will she get nominated in the rap field? Please have some sense.

Cameron
    Topics:

CHURCH GIRL could fit in Melodic Rap

Melodies
    Topics:

If Bad Bunny makes it to AOTY, I will never complain about NARAS ever again. They will become my bffs ♡ . Either him or Rosalia have to make it, but regardless on who does, I will applaud them for voting for a Spanish album in the top 10.

I like Rosalía but this is a false equivalence. Rosalia is European and makes mostly flamenco music. While it would show diversity in language and genre, it wouldn’t be anywhere close as giving an AOTY nomination to a reggaeton album by a Puerto Rican artist.

Spain is to Puerto Rico what England is to United States, it’s very jarring to see Spanish acts get “Latin” rewards or be lumped in with genuine Latin artists when they were literally our oppressors and committed genocide against our aboriginal ancestors.

Give an AOTY nomination to Bad Bunny 100000% I’ll be so proud. Rosalia getting one would have literally no correlation with Bad Bunny aside from being in Spanish. Literally same value as rewarding an album in Dutch or German, a novelty but not in any way a cultural step forward.

liz
    Topics:

It’s been 2 years of debate and people are still putting Cold Heart in their predictions 😭

Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Beyoncé does not have one rap song on the album. So how will she get nominated in the rap field? Please have some sense.

It’s a personal feeling. I didn’t say it’s happening.

But regardless, I think you are underestimating Beyoncé and Columbia Records. “THIQUE” will be submitted in Best Rap Performance and a few songs such as “HEATED” are (barely) eligible for Melodic Rap Performance..

We’re talking about an artist who submitted tracks from the same album in Pop, R&B, Rap, Rock and Country (and then American Roots after she wasn’t accepted in Country due to racism). She will absolutely try to submit in all Pop, R&B, Visual Media, Dance/Electronic and Rap categories she can this year.

Her name is in the top of the ballot. She can easily be unexpectedly name-checked in an unusual field.

Boz
    Topics:

Thique in Rap Performance would be such fraud. Melodic maybe.

cranbur
    Topics:

Will Latto submit Big Energy (original) or Big Energy (remix) this year? I don’t recall if she submitted the original last year

delusional

theexterminator
    Topics:

Spain is to Puerto Rico what England is to United States, it’s very jarring to see Spanish acts get “Latin” rewards or be lumped in with genuine Latin artists when they were literally our oppressors and committed genocide against our aboriginal ancestors.

🤦

hessa_life
    Topics:

Guys I think y’all should remove Dove Cameron for BNA predictions since she hasn’t even released an album yet, so she’s most likely gonna be ineligible this year

Stream “emails I can’t send” by Sabrina Carpenter!!

strangemercy
    Topics:

Guys I think y’all should remove Dove Cameron for BNA predictions since she hasn’t even released an album yet, so she’s most likely gonna be ineligible this year

Agreed!

Cameron
    Topics:

Will Latto submit Big Energy (original) or Big Energy (remix) this year? I don’t recall if she submitted the original last year

If she didn’t then I guess she can since it was release with her album but if so then she’ll have to submit the remix.

strangemercy
    Topics:

Have you guys ever thought about the possibility of Beyoncé’s BREAK MY SOUL being submitted to the Best Dance/Electronic Recording category? She would have an easy win. Then, in the Best Pop Solo Performance category, ALIEN SUPERSTAR could be the submission.

Also, I don’t think the Recording Academy would accept THIQUE being submitted to the rap field. CHURCH GIRL would be the right submission. I guess could pull up with a Best Melodic Rap Performance nomination.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 711 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.