Home Forums Music Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)

Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 711 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Gucci
Mother Dináh
Cameron

• Voyage
    Topics:

Could Rema submit the remix version of Calm Down for Global Music Performance instead of the original and get nominated? I don’t know if they are willing to nominate an American artist like Selena Gomez. But the remix has been the one to have notoriety and traction in the US. Maybe they submit it somewhere else because of that. Curious to know your opinions!

Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

Could Rema submit the remix version of Calm Down for Global Music Performance instead of the original and get nominated? I don’t know if they are willing to nominate an American artist like Selena Gomez. But the remix has been the one to have notoriety and traction in the US. Maybe they submit it somewhere else because of that. Curious to know your opinions!

I’m not sure if they would submit the remix, for example Wizkid submitted the original version of ‘Essence’ with Tems and not the remix with Justin Bieber. I would like to see it though. I would also imagine Burna Boy’s ‘Last Last’ is locked for a nomination in that category.

strangemercy
    Topics:

Could Silvana Estrada’s Te Guardo be submitted for Best Global Music Performance? And what about her album, Marchita? Would it be placed in Best Global Music Album, Best Latin Rock or Alternative Album or Best Regional Mexican Music Album?

Munchi
    Topics:

Could Rema submit the remix version of Calm Down for Global Music Performance instead of the original and get nominated? I don’t know if they are willing to nominate an American artist like Selena Gomez. But the remix has been the one to have NOTORIETY and traction in the US. Maybe they submit it somewhere else because of that. Curious to know your opinions!

Is the song not well received in the US? 😳

Voyage
    Topics:

Is the song not well received in the US? 😳

The remix you mean? Yes, the remix has done better on the charts in the US than the original: it entered the Hot 100, the pop radio charts and hit #1 on the Afrobeats chart for the first time.

Cameron
    Topics:

Have you guys ever thought about the possibility of Beyoncé’s BREAK MY SOUL being submitted to the Best Dance/Electronic Recording category? She would have an easy win. Then, in the Best Pop Solo Performance category, ALIEN SUPERSTAR could be the submission.

Also, I don’t think the Recording Academy would accept THIQUE being submitted to the rap field. CHURCH GIRL would be the right submission. I guess could pull up with a Best Melodic Rap Performance nomination.

“Break My Soul” belongs in Pop Solo Perf. Even if it doesn’t make it to Pop it’ll most likely be moved to R&B Perf; where it doesn’t belong.

nxddyfs
    Topics:

Spain is to Puerto Rico what England is to United States, it’s very jarring to see Spanish acts get “Latin” rewards or be lumped in with genuine Latin artists when they were literally our oppressors and committed genocide against our aboriginal ancestors. Give an AOTY nomination to Bad Bunny 100000% I’ll be so proud. Rosalia getting one would have literally no correlation with Bad Bunny aside from being in Spanish. Literally same value as rewarding an album in Dutch or German, a novelty but not in any way a cultural step forward.

what are you even saying…
    All I want is a spanish-speaking album in AOTY lol.

Melodies
    Topics:

what are you even saying… All I want is a spanish-speaking album in AOTY lol.

I’m saying I’m Chilean and seeing people compare A SPANISH act to a Puerto Rican act just because they speak (very different versions of) the same language is ridiculous and I’m low key tired of Rosalia being lumped in with other Latin artists when she’s a white EUROPEAN woman who greatly benefits from the culture of oppression her home country had on our entire continent for hundreds of years.

theeboywithlluv
    Topics:

Will Latto submit Big Energy (original) or Big Energy (remix) this year? I don’t recall if she submitted the original last year

i feel like there’s a higher chance she could win if she submits the original version instead of the remix

nxddyfs
    Topics:

I’m saying I’m Chilean and seeing people compare A SPANISH act to a Puerto Rican act just because they speak (very different versions of) the same language is ridiculous and I’m low key tired of Rosalia being lumped in with other Latin artists when she’s a white EUROPEAN woman who greatly benefits from the culture of oppression her home country had on our entire continent for hundreds of years.

you know this is the American Grammys thread right? you can make this argument on the Latin Grammys thread. I’m Peruvian and in no way I compared Bad Bunny to Rosalia. All I said is that one of them is likely to make it in AOTY. They are the biggest spanish-speaking artist on this period. is not that deep…

Mother Dináh
    Topics:

Could Silvana Estrada’s Te Guardo be submitted for Best Global Music Performance? And what about her album, Marchita? Would it be placed in Best Global Music Album, Best Latin Rock or Alternative Album or Best Regional Mexican Music Album?

Marchita should be placed in Best Regional Mexican Album. She better win, but I fear she’ll be robbed.

I don’t think submissions in Spanish qualify for Best Global Music Performance. There’s the Latin Grammys for that. Plus, the Global Music field usually only recognizes Latin American music from Brazil, because the Latin Music field is exclusively for submissions in Spanish.

I think she’ll have to wait until there’s a “Best Folk Performance” category, which would ironically be located within the American Roots field.

strangemercy
    Topics:

“Break My Soul” belongs in Pop Solo Perf. Even if it doesn’t make it to Pop it’ll most likely be moved to R&B Perf; where it doesn’t belong.

Renaissance belongs in Pop Vocal Album and it’ll likely be submitted for Progressive R&B. BREAK MY SOUL has a big chance of winning in the Best Dance/Electronic Recording category, and the song wouldn’t fit badly in the field. Why not? 🤪

strangemercy
    Topics:

Marchita should be placed in Best Regional Mexican Album. She better win, but I fear she’ll be robbed. I don’t think submissions in Spanish qualify for Best Global Music Performance. There’s the Latin Grammys for that. Plus, the Global Music field usually only recognizes Latin American music from Brazil, because the Latin Music field is exclusively for submissions in Spanish. I think she’ll have to wait until there’s a “Best Folk Performance” category, which would ironically be located within the American Roots field.

Thank you! I hope she gets her nomination.

Cameron
    Topics:

Renaissance belongs in Pop Vocal Album and it’ll likely be submitted for Progressive R&B. BREAK MY SOUL has a big chance of winning in the Best Dance/Electronic Recording category, and the song wouldn’t fit badly in the field. Why not? 🤪

Renaissance actually fits the mold of Progressive R&B Album.

Ant
    Topics:

Probably “CHURCH GIRL” is going to Melodic Rap

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 711 total)

The topic ‘Grammys 2023 Predictions (Part 9)’ is closed to new replies.