Home Forums Music Grammys 2024 Predictions (Part 2)

Grammys 2024 Predictions (Part 2)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 787 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
Miguel2019
lovetodream
Gucci

• PopGuy
    Topics:

Lol at silk Sonic “graciously bowing out” do you people hear yourselves sometimes? Bruno bowed out because he didn’t want to mess up his streak! He and Paak were bragging all night about their clean sweep. He’s also another that’s just as obsessed as Adele and Taylor.

Congratulations 12 Time Grammy Winner Taylor Swift!

All Too Well (The Short Film) -BEST MUSIC VIDEO!

ReplyCopy URL

Starbuck1234!
    Topics:

Lol at silk Sonic “graciously bowing out” do you people hear yourselves sometimes? Bruno bowed out because he didn’t want to mess up his streak! He and Paak were bragging all night about their clean sweep. He’s also another that’s just as obsessed as Adele and Taylor.

Taylor has 1 grammy in 7 years. has a lower win percentage than any of the female artists today.  Yet she is obsessed with Grammy’s?  Doja literally cried when she won, so its a BIG deal to people no matter what anyone thinks.  And, Taylor has fewer than Adele, Gaga, and Bey.

ReplyCopy URL

Starbuck1234!
    Topics:

I didn’t even trashed her, except 1989 won over TPAB. You wrote this to the wrong person, i even liked her recent route of her career and Midnights album.

1989 was a great album and was the #1 album of the year.  In hindsight, TPAB is considered the best album of all time.  But at the time, I’m not sure I had even heard of it.  I’m certain the reason it didn’t win is because it had minimal chart success.  I don’t think he had a top ten hit from it, maybe only 1 top 40 hit.  But that’s it.  i think that is why voters would have looked at 1989 and it was the top seller, the #1 album, and 4 #1 hits and 3 other top 10, top 20 and top 40 hits.  Its difficult to say 1989 was undeserving with all those successes against an album with no top 10 or 20 or 30 hits.  but, like I said, in hindsight, TPAB is considered the best album of all time.

ReplyCopy URL

lovetodream
    Topics:

you right didn’t get submitted because doja submitted kiss me more (which is the better option, as we now know) instead from planet her? unless it was eligible before the album got released. plus, the weeknd had several submissions for this year’s grammys as a featured artist.

you right probably would’ve been submitted to r&b categories had the weeknd not been on it. although it still boggles me that doja didn’t submit streets to r&b song that year despite it being eligible due to being a new single

ReplyCopy URL

lovetodream
    Topics:

doja cats 4th studio album is coming this year! in her interview with Variety, she says about the album:

“‘I know that I’ve done a lot of pink and soft things, a lot of pop and glittery sounds,’ she says, ‘but for this next era, I’m going in a more masculine direction.’ Whenever the next album arrives — date unknown, though they’re guaranteeing sometime this year — one thing is for sure: Pastels won’t be a part of it. Maybe pop won’t either.”

“There will be much more rap on the next album, she vows, even though she’s demonstrated plenty of those skills to date.”

“The next album will be her bid to up the ante on both R&B and rap, even if it means sacrificing some obvious Top-40-fodder hooks.”

based on this, im guessing she’s not a contender in any pop categories since she’s clearly trying to distance herself from it. im seeing noms across the board for rap and r&b categories though! i think she’ll submit the album to best rap album, but i could see the academy blocking it and moving it to either progressive r&b or even pop vocal based on her history in the category.

ReplyCopy URL

jim
    Topics:

SZA getting a ton of nominations would be so nice. She’s one of the few female artists of today that I haven’t really explored but SOS is a really good album.

Miley is going to have one of the biggest chart hits of the year so I hope she finally gets some love.

And Midnights is definitely getting recognized (with nominations at least). A huge commercial success backed by positive reviews. Taylor’s biggest misstep was submitting Red (Taylor’s Version). I know she doesn’t hide her need for approval & achievements anymore, but as a fan, that one will always rub me the wrong way. Should’ve only submitted ATW10MVFTV.

ReplyCopy URL

Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

doja cats 4th studio album is coming this year! in her interview with Variety, she says about the album:

“‘I know that I’ve done a lot of pink and soft things, a lot of pop and glittery sounds,’ she says, ‘but for this next era, I’m going in a more masculine direction.’ Whenever the next album arrives — date unknown, though they’re guaranteeing sometime this year — one thing is for sure: Pastels won’t be a part of it. Maybe pop won’t either.”

“There will be much more rap on the next album, she vows, even though she’s demonstrated plenty of those skills to date.”

“The next album will be her bid to up the ante on both R&B and rap, even if it means sacrificing some obvious Top-40-fodder hooks.”

based on this, im guessing she’s not a contender in any pop categories since she’s clearly trying to distance herself from it. im seeing noms across the board for rap and r&b categories though! i think she’ll submit the album to best rap album, but i could see the academy blocking it and moving it to either progressive r&b or even pop vocal based on her history in the category.

Interesting! I would actually love a classic hip-hop album from her with elements of other genres like punk. It would be great to see her become the second ever female winner of Best Rap Album.

ReplyCopy URL

Moment 4 Life
    Topics:

Variety are suggesting that Rihanna is planning to announce or even drop her ninth studio album following her Super Bowl Half Time Show next Sunday, in a deal with Apple Music.

ReplyCopy URL

lovetodream
    Topics:

Interesting! I would actually love a classic hip-hop album from her with elements of other genres like punk. It would be great to see her become the second ever female winner of Best Rap Album.

on the topic of classic hip-hop, her using “under construction” by missy elliott as a sort of inspiration for her album would be cool! and her winning best rap album would be so well deserved, i hope she gets more recognition from the hiphop community

ReplyCopy URL

Bridgers13
    Topics:

RAYE’s album is so good. Hope “Escapism” keeps growing in the US and she gets a chance in BNA.

ReplyCopy URL

Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Variety are suggesting that Rihanna is planning to announce or even drop her ninth studio album following her Super Bowl Half Time Show next Sunday, in a deal with Apple Music.

I’ll believe it when I see it. Rih been playing with this new album.

ReplyCopy URL

feelspecial
    Topics:

RAYE’s album is so good. Hope “Escapism” keeps growing in the US and she gets a chance in BNA.

I had a good time listening to her new album. I hope she gets all the love she deserves from them.

ReplyCopy URL

strangemercy
    Topics:

Really enjoyed the record. RAYE should focus on Song of The Year and, specially, Best New Artist. Escapism. already is the biggest contender for Best Pop Duo/Group Performance, but since 070 Shake is barely recognized on the track, it’s probably not getting in. Taylor & Lana are also out.

ReplyCopy URL

GhostfaceDilla
    Topics:

1989 was a great album and was the #1 album of the year. In hindsight, TPAB is considered the best album of all time. But at the time, I’m not sure I had even heard of it. I’m certain the reason it didn’t win is because it had minimal chart success. I don’t think he had a top ten hit from it, maybe only 1 top 40 hit. But that’s it. i think that is why voters would have looked at 1989 and it was the top seller, the #1 album, and 4 #1 hits and 3 other top 10, top 20 and top 40 hits. Its difficult to say 1989 was undeserving with all those successes against an album with no top 10 or 20 or 30 hits. but, like I said, in hindsight, TPAB is considered the best album of all time.

Look man, i’m not debating 1989 vs TPAB, that was beaten to death. 1989 was more popular but TPAB is better album. Simple as that and i’m not a Taylor hater like you assumed earlier.

I got you stuck in the realness

ReplyCopy URL

theeboywithlluv
    Topics:

is Raye eligible for BNA next year ?

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 787 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.