Home Forums Music Grammys Best New Artist 2023: Compiling list for predictions center

Grammys Best New Artist 2023: Compiling list for predictions center

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
4 days ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
strangemercy
ronaldcruz
Panama Papers
  • Profile picture
    Panama Papers
    Topics:

I don’t think the mostly predicted pop girlies are being nominated (Laura, Gayle and Tate McRae). The list should contain more diverse artists from different genres, like Black Country, New Road, for an example (they’re simply incredible). I can also 100% see Blxst happening (and Wet Leg as well, if the gays go for it 🤣 ).

It’s complicated to think they will happen after the frontman’s departure though,.svg” class=”emoji”

It's weird how British people say "lift" instead of "elevator" and how my dad says "you're disappointing" instead of "I love you".

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cameron
    Topics:

Best New Artist seems to be so wide open.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    HaimOnRye
    Topics:

I think more niche artists like Orville Peck could make the lineup if they have a stable genre support, rather than a more ‘mainstream’ act that appeals to everyone and no one (Gayle). I can see Lucius making it if eligible.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Monet Tejada
    Topics:

Joji is building his case with “Glimpse of Us.”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Glimpse of Us hasn’t slowed down. I do wonder if Joji is even eligible though, he might have submitted three times already.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    aj
    Topics:

how y’all forget addison rae she’s gon sweep

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

Glimpse of Us hasn’t slowed down. I do wonder if Joji is even eligible though, he might have submitted three times already.

Okay so I actually did some digging.

Joji was submitted for sure in 2020 and 2021. We don’t know if he was submitted for the 2022 awards.

Prior to that, I can’t find anything that alludes to him being submitted. So it’s all gonna depend on whether he was submitted last year. We do know Nectar was submitted last year to Best Alternative Music Album though.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Lorenzo Dillard
    Topics:

Joji has been around for years now. How is he new? The Grammy eligibility rules for this category are ridiculous. Maybe they should change the title from Best New Artist to Best Breakthrough Artist because mostly no one is‘new’ anymore.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anna Artdeco
    Topics:

Joji has been around for years now. How is he new? The Grammy eligibility rules for this category are ridiculous. Maybe they should change the title from Best New Artist to Best Breakthrough Artist because mostly no one is‘new’ anymore.

It’s always been this way. As far as I remember, the rule states something like, an artist that had a big breakthrough in the eligibility period. And in the US of course.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 9 posts - 31 through 39 (of 39 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.