November 25, 2020 at 5:07 am #1203871072
We don’t have a best engineered album nominee in AOTY.November 25, 2020 at 5:12 am #1203871081This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.November 25, 2020 at 5:14 am #1203871087
For me, both Doja and Megan for New Artist.November 25, 2020 at 5:16 am #1203871089
it’s really so funny that the Swift fans think they’re doing something when it’s really just a little collection of them on the forum who can’t admit what privilege is. meanwhile, the rest of the world knows exactly what’s going on. obviously she’s not the only one who has it easy, but she has it the easiest. denying it is so funny when literally everyone knows it’s true outside of you guys.November 25, 2020 at 5:16 am #1203871092
Taylor Swift is in Good Morning America talking about her latest album and Grammys.November 25, 2020 at 5:17 am #1203871095This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.November 25, 2020 at 5:18 am #1203871097
after sleeping on it… here are my lessons learned from The Weeknd
1) black popstars will get accused of category fraud no matter where they submit
2) if you, a black popstar, submit to pop they will NOT champion no matter how successful you are
3) There is no Lizzo comparison to make bc she still submitted her album to Urban Contemporary + many songs to R&B
4) the BRP won’t fight for you either, your only real Grammy support comes from the R&B voters
5) being undeniable in the pop categories makes your decision to only submit there even more offensive to pop voters/the BRP
6) the Grammys will hold no grace for you (ex: letting you attend the show despite breaking typical Super Bowl protocol) if you don’t play their genre games aka aren’t white
7) People comparing The Weeknd’s reactions to others make no sense, same as the people saying the press reaction is over the top. We are avid predictions and award watchers and can’t even come up with a historical precedence for this type of snub. It has never happened in the past 20-30 years, perhaps ever. So comparing it to other reactions will never make sense, it’s just a reason to hate on Abel and avoid discussing the blatant corruption.
it’s so funny because during the whole year, R&B listeners dragged him for winning the R&B categories at every award show. now we can frankly see that even with a record-shattering song and impressive career, the pop community will pay your (black) ass dust when push comes to shove.
as I said yesterday, this really acts as a warning shot to other black artists, and I think most of them will keep their albums in Progressive R&B from now on.November 25, 2020 at 5:19 am #1203871099
Grammy Awards + Nominations = White privilegeNovember 25, 2020 at 5:21 am #1203871101This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.November 25, 2020 at 5:38 am #1203871150
EXCLUSIVE: @taylorswift13 talks to @GStephanopoulos about her intimate concert film “folklore: the long pond studio sessions” that premiered on @disneyplus: She says during COVID “the only thing that I knew I needed to keep me afloat was music.” https://t.co/DGPWzWTJF4 pic.twitter.com/OA43XfHGiv
— Good Morning America (@GMA) November 25, 2020
GMA presenter saying to Taylor she is getting close to Stevie Wonder x3 AOTY Record. We love to see it.November 25, 2020 at 5:39 am #1203871152
what’s going on tho? why don’t you enlighten us instead of talking round and round
I’ve said it multiple times. You guys can not admit that she, at this point, is for some reason deemed a default in many categories. It’s like you guys have said for a long time about how there’s no way she’d miss PVA because “she’s just never missed a genre nomination.” Like, you’ve said it yourselves. She doesn’t have to prove her way into categories like everyone else, she’s just in. I don’t get why you guys can’t admit she clearly has connections and influence that help her tremendously. Like I’m not saying she manipulated the AOTY category, but if you can’t see that she clearly has it easy you’re lying to yourselves. I mean everyone has admitted that the BRP paved the way for her to win, even her fans, and do you think they would do that for many other people, if anyone? Or for someone they didn’t have connections to?
Whatever, like I said her fans just don’t get it. Maybe one day. Congrats on the nomination, though. I’m feeling really lucky that Harry got what he got because clearly he easily could have been snubbed after what they did in so many of the categories.
Hopefully The Weeknd speaking out leads to more change and transparency with the process, because it’s definitely needed.November 25, 2020 at 5:40 am #1203871156
Delicate lost pop solo nom, she is not default.November 25, 2020 at 5:42 am #1203871162
How did this forum come to the unfounded narrative that Abel Submitted AH to pop lmaoo 🤦 …I knew that wasn’t happening, he was always submitting to Prog.November 25, 2020 at 5:44 am #1203871173This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.Not now
The topic ‘GRAMMYs Nominations Reactions (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.