Home Forums Music IFPI List 2020

IFPI List 2020

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 121 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
Miss Americana
epiphany
Boz
  • Profile picture
    Munchi
    Topics:

About streaming, taylor and ariana are getting more streams than her on daily basis (ALWAYS). One song can’t tell you the full story.

I mean no disrespect but Your perspective towards this is quite shallow. Ariana and Swift have more back catalogues, hence their overall and total daily streams should be more. Also, while the others have impressive debuts, they don’t hold up over time as much as we think.

Levitating remix alone has more spotify streams than the older chart-topping Cardigan (303m vs 226m). The standard FN with 11 tracks has double the streams of Folklore Long pond deluxe with 34 tracks. IDGAF has more streams than No Tears Left…

Carefully read the available streaming stats of female artists with an open mind, there are anomalous indicators of strength Dua songs show over time. Towering debuts only give illusory superiority, and established fan bases and media attention are the causal factors.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

you guys seem to always forget that Rihanna is actually better than Tay streaming-wise and she is more popular outside US(she has consistently been on the daily top 10 most streamed female artistes despite not releasing music for about 5 years). Taylor sells well in US but Rihanna beats her everywhere else(check total amount of records sold worldwide and total amounts of No 1 worldwide).

Rihanna can be a tricky one. She did great but not so great. For example, she ranked #8 in 2016 despite releasing new album Anti with global smash hit Work. She got surpassed by 21 Pilots and even Beyonce that year. Anyway, Rihanna is above Taylor in Europe and probably South America but definitely not Oceania and of course Asia. China market is getting bigger and bigger, and Taylor obviously benefitting from this. She’s clearly ahead of other western artists there with digital album sales alone approaching 7M copies.

For you consideration :

Album of the year : evermore
    Record of the year : willow
    Song of the year : willow
    Best pop vocal album : evermore
    Best pop solo performance : willow
    Best pop duo/group performance : no body no crime (feat. HAIM)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

No, this is not totally right. Riri is bigger only in europe and africa. Taytay outsold her by miles in AMERICA, ASIA, AUSTRALIA.

In ASIA (50% of population), nobody can touch taylor in terms of success.

IDK about “miles” in America. Wasn’t Rihanna the biggest certified artist by the RIAA until not so long ago?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Anonymous me
    Topics:

i really want to see how those points are calculated because I’m quite sure that Harry has one of the 5 best selling albums worldwide of last year and 2 big singles. Justin should not be on that chart when harry isnt(like who bought justin’s music last year)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Most streamed female artists on Spotify in 2020 :

#1 Taylor Swift – 5.94B
    #2 Ariana Grande – 5.80B
    #3 Billie Eilish – 5.52B
    #4 Dua Lipa –  4.74B
    #5 Lady Gaga – 3.34B
    #6 Halsey – 3.17B
    #7 Nicki Minaj – 2.70B
    #8 Rihanna – 2.62B
    #9 Camila Cabello –  2.42B
    #10 Beyonce – 2.41B

Taylor and Ariana are ahead of Dua on Apple Music and Amazon Music too. Taylor destroyed the competition when it comes to pure sales.

For you consideration :

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

I’m very sure Rih has sold more than Tay in Australia.

Rihanna has bigger singles in Australia but Taylor has bigger albums.

For you consideration :

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:

i’m tired of everybody portraying Tay like one selling monster. Asides from her albums, I can’t remember the last time she had a worldwide hit. Even Lotb performed better than any of the singles from her recent albums in terms of longetivity.

She has high album sales. Even her album with no hit single (folklore) sold a lot.

Her last worldwide hit was look what you made me do,few other reputation and lover singles were moderate hits..But she still is able to sell albums.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

i’m tired of everybody portraying Tay like one selling monster. Asides from her albums, I can’t remember the last time she had a worldwide hit. Even Lotb performed better than any of the singles from her recent albums in terms of longetivity.

If you choose specific indicator like one single so yes Rihanna performs better than Taylor but when we look at the overall picture like IFPI global recording artist, yeah Taylor is indeed bigger. She’s a rare breed like Eminem, both of them can still selling despite having no smash/global. Legend thing I fear.

For you consideration :

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Melodies
    Topics:

is shit. They only count few countries. They completely ignore ASIA.

I didn’t know Japan and South Korea weren’t part of Asia… the only major Asian country they don’t count is China, and there’s a very valid reason for that. Most Chinese sales are label-driven. They just buy truckloads of physical CDs that are sold for way below the allowed threshold for charts in most countries and dump them. The other Asian countries barely contribute sales. They wouldn’t really move the needle for worldwide totals. A Platinum album in Singapore is 10,000 units, for instance.

Mediatraffic is incomplete, but it’s a good enough guide to know which albums are trending high, and it’s the only tool we have for weekly control. Incomplete =/= shit. Get over yourself.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

I didn’t know Japan and South Korea weren’t part of Asia… the only major Asian country they don’t count is China, and there’s a very valid reason for that. Most Chinese sales are label-driven. They just buy truckloads of physical CDs that are sold for way below the allowed threshold for charts in most countries and dump them. The other Asian countries barely contribute sales. They wouldn’t really move the needle for worldwide totals. A Platinum album in Singapore is 10,000 units, for instance. Mediatraffic is incomplete, but it’s a good enough guide to know which albums are trending high, and it’s the only tool we have for weekly control. Incomplete =/= shit. Get over yourself.

There’s no specific/official way to trace physical sales in China, but we can trace digital sales there. Mediatraffic real issues with China is how massive their local artists, in which somehow outselling most major western artists with ease.

For you consideration :

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 121 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.