Home Forums Music IFPI List 2020

IFPI List 2020

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 121 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
Miss Americana
epiphany
Boz
  • Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

I expect Fine Line will make it into album charts. Not sure about Future Nostalgia, Dua is weak in term of pure sales. I hope IFPI start using SPS/album units for album charts instead of pure sales only.

For you consideration :

Album of the year : evermore
    Record of the year : willow
    Song of the year : willow
    Best pop vocal album : evermore
    Best pop solo performance : willow
    Best pop duo/group performance : no body no crime (feat. HAIM)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    epiphany
    Topics:

Nope. They release global recording artist for a reason.

??????

For you consideration :

Album of the year : evermore
    Record of the year : willow
    Song of the year : willow
    Best pop vocal album : evermore
    Best pop solo performance : willow
    Best pop duo/group performance : no body no crime (feat. HAIM)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    hillslight
    Topics:

i really want to see how those points are calculated because I’m quite sure that Harry has one of the 5 best selling albums worldwide of last year and 2 big singles. Justin should not be on that chart when harry isnt(like who bought justin’s music last year)

He’s only in his 2nd album now, while Justin dropped his 5th and some droplets last year, supported with his back catalogue. Harry doesn’t have the back catalogue that Justin has, since 1D is counted separately.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    Melodies
    Topics:

harry was phenomenal las year. but his absence on chart shouldn’t surprise you imo.

??

His absence for ARTIST doesn’t surprise me since it counts ALL of the artist’s discography. How else do you think Drake and Eminem made the list considering they didn’t have huge releases last year? Even Justin Bieber was hugely aided by his back catalogue (and Ariana was pushed thanks to it as well). Harry has 22 songs and his first album did fine but it wasn’t even close to the smashing success of Fine Line.

What I’m talking about is when IFPI’s BEST SELLING ALBUMS comes out, which is the other anual list IFPI releases. Fine Line is almost certainly gonna be in it, and most likely top 5, because it was 3rd best selling behind BTS according to Mediatraffic, which while incomplete gives you a good overall look at the best selling worldwide projects.

I’m not sure where I lost you tbh.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    Profile picture
    daniel
    Topics:

You ask why she is not on the biggest artist list, but her not even being top fifteen on Spotify’s top artists somehow is not important? You are the imbecile. No, she is not a big streaming artist. Where is the proof that her albums are the two biggest because neither one has appeared on nary an IFPI or Billboard publication?

the proof is in the numbers dummy

https://twitter.com/talkofthecharts/status/1365775003355070464?s=21

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

You ask why she is not on the biggest artist list, but her not even being top fifteen on Spotify’s top artists somehow is not important? You are the imbecile. No, she is not a big streaming artist. Where is the proof that her albums are the two biggest because neither one has appeared on nary an IFPI or Billboard publication?

First of all, I never said they are the TWO biggest, nor did I ask anything. Maybe learn how to read before you address me.

Second, here you’ll find that her self-titled album is the most streamed album by a female on Spotify. And here the top 5 most streamed albums by female artists, with DL1 being #1 and FN being #5.

And again, I don’t know how you still not get it, but other artists being bigger than her doesn’t mean she isn’t big; that’s not how numbers work.

Also she literally IS top 15 in the source that YOU attached. Again: go back to Pre-K and learn how to read.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Boz
    Topics:

That is not an official source, sissy. Spotify has write ups about Drake, Ed Sheehan and The Weeknd being the most streamed artists, but they have nothing on her ass

You literally quoted ChartData, how is TOTC less of an official source?💀 Come out of the closet and stop being so pressed.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 121 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.