Home Forums Music JANET 2015.

JANET 2015.

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)
Created
5 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
replies
views
users
Why U So Obse..
Atypical
Kadu335
  • JRJ8990
    Participant
    Topics:

I think Janet missed the deadline for the Grammys for her album Unbreakable (although “No Sleep,” “Unbreakable,” and “BURNITUP!” will be eligible), but her CD has been getting grade reviews.  So far, The Wall Street Journal, Time, The LA Times, The New York Times, USA Today, Enterttainment Weekly (B+), and Newsday have all given her CD raves.   I am glad Janet came back with a CD, working with Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, and making the type of music she wants this time around.  

ReplyCopy URL
    Boidiva02
    Participant
    Topics:

Janet’s album is terrific, probably her best since “The Velvet Rope”.   So far reviews have all been great, if not flat out raves.  Even Spin has given it an 8 out of 10, and a glowing, nearly gushing review. 

People are really excited about this release.    Right now Unbreakble is #1 on Itunes!  

ReplyCopy URL
    Bychance
    Participant
    Topics:

I haven’t listened to the entire album yet (up to track four) but I love it so far.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boidiva02
    Participant
    Topics:

With the strong reviews she’s getting and the strong sales that are anticipated (Billboard is predicting she debuts at #1) do you think Janet just became a frontrunner for the 2017 Grammy Awards?  I’m thinking she has Album Of The Year and Record Of the year at this point.  She’s also clearly a front-runner in the R&B genre categories.   

ReplyCopy URL
    GraemeONeil
    Participant
    Topics:
    Participant
    Topics:

With the strong reviews she’s getting and the strong sales that are anticipated (Billboard is predicting she debuts at #1) do you think Janet just became a frontrunner for the 2017 Grammy Awards?  I’m thinking she has Album Of The Year and Record Of the year at this point.  She’s also clearly a front-runner in the R&B genre categories.   

That would be great.

Always thought Janet deserved more Grammys, but competition was a lot heavier back her time.

ReplyCopy URL
    Boidiva02
    Participant
    Topics:

And it is official: Janet has achieved her 7th #1 album!  “Unbreakable” will debut at #1 on the Billboard charts! (The chart dated October 24). 

According to Billboard, Jackson’s album is expected to sell 116,000 album equivilant units or 109,000 in pur album sales.   

Historically this is a milestone because she becomes only the third act in history to achieve #1 chart toppers in each of the last four decades.   The other two acts to do so are Barbara Streisand and Bruce Springsteen.   

Another feat, because Jackson is releasing this album independent of a major studio label, the set also bows at #1 on the Independent  Albums Chart. 

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/chart-beat/6722962/janet-jackson-earns-historic-seventh-no-1-album-on-billboard-200-chart-unbreakable

ReplyCopy URL
    Gucci
    Blocked
    Topics:

Get it, Janet Jackson!  Head Bang

I thought her first week sales would be a little higher.

ReplyCopy URL
    Kadu335
    Participant
    Topics:

Get it, Janet Jackson!  Head Bang

I thought her first week sales would be a little higher.

Really? With no promo, I was actually worried she wouldn’t be able to reach 100k.

I’m very happy for Janet!

ReplyCopy URL
    Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Damn Baby
    After You Fall
    Dream Maker/Euphoria
    Lesson Learned
    Black Eagle
    Gon’ B Alright
    {#emotions_dlg.talli} 

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

ReplyCopy URL
    Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

New Video: Dammn Baby

One of my favorites from the album!

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

Rumors are floating that Janet’s preg. “Dammn Baby,” indeed.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

It’s not a rumor. It’s confirmed. She is pregnant @ 49. Congrats Janet.

ReplyCopy URL
    JRJ8990
    Participant
    Topics:

Happy for her, and great video. “Dammn Baby” is my favorite song off of Unbreakable. This CD is full of great worthy singles like “Take Me Away,” “Gon Be Alright,” “Night,” and “Broken Hearts Heal.” I hope that more singles are released.

ReplyCopy URL
    Atypical
    Participant
    Topics:

The new 50. I’m in awe.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.