Home Forums Music Justin Timberlake – Super Bowl 2018 Half Time Show

Justin Timberlake – Super Bowl 2018 Half Time Show

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
Created
4 years ago
Last Reply
3 years ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
kingofrapmusi..
Robinladen
Gucci
  • Profile picture
    BenitoDelicias
    Topics:

So Justin Timberlake is apparently doing the Halftime Show next year at the Super Bowl.

US Weekly is reporting.

Rumors about new music have been going around forever and I guess this confirms it. Nobody does this or gets that MTV Vanguard thing unless they have something to promote. So pretty clear that the album is coming before or after the Superbowl.

Pretty great choice I have to say, I think everybody will still be hung up on Rihanna doing this, she’s still a logical choice, but again, the “something to promote” rule applies and her last album came out last year and she probably doesn’t have anything coming up.

I also asume an NSync rumor or questions will come up immediately.

Profile picture
    M H
    Topics:

Gross.

I’ll note that Timberlake gets invited back to the Super Bowl after exposing Janet Jackson AND being the one to coin the phrase “wardrobe malfunction.” Janet is still basically a pariah in exile.

I hope he brings her one stage to perform with him.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

According to Variety, he’s only a “frontrunner” to perform as of now.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Robinladen
    Topics:

Objectively I say he’s not a bad choice and it makes sense. Personally I think he’s way too vanilla and that he doesn’t deserve the buzz for the album/tour that he’ll probably be launching around it. That said, the Janet situation will be a main discussion point online for sure and in the past he has always adressed it poorly so I’m not surprised to already see a small outcry starting on social media.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gucci
    Topics:

Honey, this makes me want to throw-up.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Honey
    Topics:

I’d legit die if his guest performer is Britney lol. It’d definitely go viral if it’s Britney or Janet

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Robinladen
    Topics:

I’d legit die if his guest performer is Britney lol. It’d definitely go viral if it’s Britney or Janet

You’ll stay alive then. I don’t see either Justin wanting Britney to be there or Britney herself even wanting to be there. Janet however is a possibility since it’s the only way to really stop the backslash that’s already starting rn.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Pulp
    Topics:

I guess it’s okay, but like most years, they probably could have done better. I sort of wish they still did rock performances instead of pandering to the younger demographic, but I guess it’s not usually bad. This will probably be about as good as Katy Perry. I hope he gets someone good as a guest, and that Lady Gaga didn’t start a trend of the headliner doing it all by themselves.

#FreeTheBannedFour

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Robinladen
    Topics:

I guess it’s okay, but like most years, they probably could have done better. I sort of wish they still did rock performances instead of pandering to the younger demographic, but I guess it’s not usually bad. This will probably be about as good as Katy Perry. I hope he gets someone good as a guest, and that Lady Gaga didn’t start a trend of the headliner doing it all by themselves.

With Jay-Z already backing out I could actually see this turning into a solo show. Plus I can’t really think of any significant collabs in JT’s career. If I remember correctly he already did a *NSYNC reunion at the vma’s recently which makes it less likely that it would happen again too. And after Missy Elliot getting a bigger boost than Katy herself, I do think performers are more hesistant to just book random guests.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Mr Brightside
    Topics:

I think it’s disgusting that he gets this opportunity while Janet is basically in exile.

However, he is an icon and a big star. He’s a good performer, though his voice is weak for a stadium. He will definitely need to put on a hell of a show ot make up for it. I’m not sold on his catalog. Just compare it to last year’s for example. “Sexyback”, “Cry Me A River”, “Rock Your Body” and “Can’t Stop the Feeling” but his others hits are pretty forgettable. He definitely will need a guest.

I think he should invite Janet Jackson as a surprise guest. It would be epic, it would make it right, it would break the internet.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Wigseau
    Topics:

So boring

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    vinny
    Topics:

LOVE IT!

This would be my ideal setlist for him:
    1)”Can’t Stop The Feeling”
    2)”SexyBack” (featuring Timbaland and Janet Jackson)
    3)”Drink You Away” (with Chris Stapleton)
    4)”Bye Bye Bye”
    5)”Cry Me A River”
    6)”Cabaret” (featuring Drake)
    7)”Mirrors”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kingofrapmusic17
    Topics:

I know he’ll do better than Bruno Mars.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.