Home Forums Music Lets talk R&B Grammy 2020

Lets talk R&B Grammy 2020

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
50 years ago
( +24 hidden )
replies
views
users
Darren
Why U So Obse..
cheyenne lee
  • The Coterie
    Participant
    Topics:

The R&B section seems relatively weak at the moment. Based on critical acclaim alone, it’s between Jamilla Woods and Mariah (The real struggle for both of them is getting the nomination in the first place, but I’m sure they will.).

A nomination for Mariah is equivalent to a win at this stage in her career. She’s already restored her credibility as an artist with the album – Grammy noms are just icing on the cake. I’m starting to think Jamilla has this in the bag

ReplyCopy URL
    Mishtii Murari
    Participant
    Topics:

I don’t think Metacritic is the best way to judge an album, especially when most of them have been “critically acclaimed”. Comparing reviews from the same publication is the best way of putting them in a wider context.

ReplyCopy URL
    The Coterie
    Participant
    Topics:

My girl Jamilla is gonna win. LEGACY LEGACY! is such a stunning album!

ReplyCopy URL
    AwardsLover
    Participant
    Topics:

Mariah Carey will get Best R&B Album nomination if she is lucky. Everything else is wishful thinking. But we all know how many times she has been snubbed in 1990s so don’t expect much.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

Just gonna bump this thread since there’s not enough discussion to warrant a second one already.

Since H.E.R.’s “Could’ve Been” is still eligible this year and has been big on urban AC radio this year, I’m wondering if she enters that in R&B Performance/Song and “Hard Place” in Pop Solo. The latter has the visibility from being performed on this year’s Grammy telecast, and they did try working it to pop radio, although it didn’t take off.

And surely Anderson .Paak and Smokey Robinson’s “Make It Better” is the frontrunner for Traditional R&B Performance.

ReplyCopy URL
    PoweR
    Participant
    Topics:

I think “Make It Better” will be placed in R&B Performance. The Hip Hop soul element is strong, probably because it was produced by Alchemist.

ReplyCopy URL
    Darren
    Participant
    Topics:

That’s true. I could see it going either way.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.