Home Forums Music Make your predictions for MTV Video Music Awards 2019

Make your predictions for MTV Video Music Awards 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
13 hours ago
replies
views
users
João Pedro..
circa 1993
Os
  • circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Video of the Year
    Cardi B & Bruno Mars, Please Me
    Billie Ellish, Bury a Friend
    Ariana Grande, 7 Rings
    Jonas Brothers, Sucker
    Post Malone, Wow.
    Travis Scott, Sicko Mode

Artist of the Year
    Beyoncé
    Cardi B
    Drake
    Ariana Grande
    Halsey
    Post Malone

Song the Year
    Drake, In My Feelings
    Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper, Shallow
    Ariana Grande, Thank U, Next
    Halsey, Without Me
    Lil’ Nas X, Old Time Road
    Marshmallow & Bastille, Happier

Best New Artist
    Ava Max
    Billie Ellish
    Blueface
    City Girls
    Lil’ Nas X
    Lizzo

Best Collaboration
    Cardi B & Bruno Mars, Please Me
    BTS & Halsey, Boys With Luv
    Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper, Shallow
    Post Malone & Swae Lee, Sunflower
    Marshmallow & Bastille, Happier
    Sam Smith & Normani, Dancing with a Stranger

Best Pop
    Billie Ellish, when the party’s over
    Ariana Grande, Thank U, Next
    Halsey, Without Me
    Jonas Brothers, Sucker
    Khalid, Better
    P!NK, Walk Me Home

Best Hip-Hop
    Cardi B, Money
    DJ Khaled f/ Justin Bieber, Chance the Rapper, & Quavo, No Brainer
    Drake, In My Feelings
    J. Cole, Middle Child
    Nipsey Hussle feat. Stacy Barthe, Victory Lap
    Travis Scott, Sicko Mode

Best Latin
    Bad Bunny & Drake, Mia
    J Balvin, Reggaeton
    DJ Snake f/ Cardi B, Ozuna, & Selena Gomez, Taki Taki
    Maluma, HP
    Ozuna, Baila Baila Baila
    Daddy Yankee, Con Calma

ReplyCopy URL
    João Pedro Costa Calaça
    Participant
    Topics:

Circa 1993, nothing against you but I wanna take some notes about your predictions list:

1- Beyoncé didn’t released any new music video yet to be nominated for Artist Of The year. I mean if she releases a new video she will be nominated.

2- Halsey will or would be replaced by Taylor Swift since she’s going to release a new single on Friday.

3- Lil Nas X doesn’t have any music video released specially for Old Town Road even if it’s Song Of the year category.

4- Don’t you think that Pedro Capo will be at Best Latin with “Calma Remix” with Alicia Keys since that remix with Alicia has a Music Video?

ReplyCopy URL
    OJODIAMANTE
    Participant
    Topics:

4- Don’t you think that Pedro Capo will be at Best Latin with “Calma Remix” with Alicia Keys since that remix with Alicia has a Music Video?

My prediction for BEST LATIN
    1. “Con altura” – Rosalia, J Balvin, El Guincho
    2- “Calma (remix)” – Pedro Capo, Farruko, ¿Alicia Keys?
    3. “Medellín” – Madonna, Maluma
    4. “Mía” – Bad Bunny, Drake
    5. “Con Calma” – Daddy Yankee
    6. “Taki Taki” DJ Snake ft. Selena Gomez, Ozuna, Cardi B

Darkhorses:
    * “Clandestino” – Shakira, Maluma
    * “Un año” – Sebastián Yatra, Reik
    * “Mi persona favorita” – Alejandro Sanz, Camila Cabello

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

Circa 1993, nothing against you but I wanna take some notes about your predictions list:

1- Beyoncé didn’t released any new music video yet to be nominated for Artist Of The year. I mean if she releases a new video she will be nominated.

2- Halsey will or would be replaced by Taylor Swift since she’s going to release a new single on Friday.

3- Lil Nas X doesn’t have any music video released specially for Old Town Road even if it’s Song Of the year category.

Thank you for taking the time analyze my predictions. But here’s my response :

1. Artist of the Year does not reward specific videos (I.e. Best Pop/Hip-Hop). It’s a general award. If you have an details on the eligibility then please let us know.

Beyoncé is a mainstay at MTV. She’s the most awarded artist in their show’s history. Her live album & Netflix documentary were acclaimed. And that alone would be enough reason for them to nominate her.

2. We have not heard Taylor Swift’s new single or seen a visual. So as of April 23rd, she is not in my Predictions. I think it’s premature to add her to the list when we haven’t seen anything.

Also, last year Taylor was completely snubbed in all major categories. Even with a #1 song and huge streaming numbers. So anything can happen.

3. Again, the category is specifically for “song”. Not video! So if you are a MTV voting member , then please give us some tea so we know what to predict.

4. The single just came out. It needs time to breathe online. Just because an American artist is on a song, doesn’t automatically make it a sure thing. Especially when that particular artist hasn’t been nominated for a VMA since 2010.

Whew, I’m exhausted. I hope that makes sense to you.

ReplyCopy URL
    João Pedro Costa Calaça
    Participant
    Topics:

You know what? You’re right about everything:

1- Beyoncé can be nominated for Artist of the year I mean she was nominated for HOLD UP when the video itself wasn’t even available on YouTube when they announced the nominees and she’s a MTV Darling and as you said she’s the most awarded artist at the show.

2- Taylor Swift can be snubbed again in general

3- As you said SONG IS JUST ABOUT THE SONG

4- It will be hard for someone nominated for the last time in 2010 to be nominated again.

Sorry If I judged and exhausted you. I was just saying my opinion.

ReplyCopy URL
    Jaredm1
    Participant
    Topics:

Thank you for taking the time analyze my predictions. But here’s my response : 1. Artist of the Year does not reward specific videos (I.e. Best Pop/Hip-Hop). It’s a general award. If you have an details on the eligibility then please let us know. Beyoncé is a mainstay at MTV. She’s the most awarded artist in their show’s history. Her live album & Netflix documentary were acclaimed. And that alone would be enough reason for them to nominate her. 2. We have not heard Taylor Swift’s new single or seen a visual. So as of April 23rd, she is not in my Predictions. I think it’s premature to add her to the list when we haven’t seen anything. Also, last year Taylor was completely snubbed in all major categories. Even with a #1 song and huge streaming numbers. So anything can happen. 3. Again, the category is specifically for “song”. Not video! So if you are a MTV voting member , then please give us some tea so we know what to predict. 4. The single just came out. It needs time to breathe online. Just because an American artist is on a song, doesn’t automatically make it a sure thing. Especially when that particular artist hasn’t been nominated for a VMA since 2010. Whew, I’m exhausted. I hope that makes sense to you.

If Taylor Swift can still get nominated for awards like the BBMA when she hasn’t released music since 2017 then Beyoncé can definitely be nominated. I personally don’t see it happening but it could

ReplyCopy URL
    M
    Participant
    Topics:

Beyoncé can’t be nominated for Artist Of The Year unless she releases a single.

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

MTV will find a way to nominate Beyoncé in a weak year. She will either show up in Artist of the Year. Or they will create a new category for her to win.

ReplyCopy URL
    BICTH
    Participant
    Topics:

MTV will find a way to nominate Beyoncé in a weak year. She will either show up in Artist of the Year. Or they will create a new category for her to win.

they’ll just re-open the long form video category for her like they did for lemonade

ReplyCopy URL
    Os
    Participant
    Topics:

Watch them add Best Concert Film or some category like that just to reward her.

ReplyCopy URL
    João Pedro Costa Calaça
    Participant
    Topics:

I won’t be surprised at all if they bring Best Vídeo from a Film back

ReplyCopy URL
    JGibson
    Participant
    Topics:

With the strong reception Homecoming is having, they’ll find a category to reward her by bringing Long Form back or doing Music Documentary at the MTV Movie Awards.

Also, she can be nominated to Artist of the Year if they want to. Ariana Grane was in 2017 basically from the Manchester incident.

I won’t be surprised at all if they bring Best Vídeo from a Film back

But will that be to short videos like Shallow? Which else film videos are out now?

ReplyCopy URL
    João Pedro Costa Calaça
    Participant
    Topics:

Sometimes the VMAS does surprises like making new categories so anything can happen. Also do you think Shallow will be nominated even if it’s just A Star Is Born scenes?

ReplyCopy URL
    Bryson Atud
    Participant
    Topics:

Video of the Year Cardi B & Bruno Mars, Please Me Billie Ellish, Bury a Friend Ariana Grande, 7 Rings Jonas Brothers, Sucker Post Malone, Wow. Travis Scott, Sicko Mode Artist of the Year Beyoncé Cardi B Drake Ariana Grande Halsey Post Malone Song the Year Drake, In My Feelings Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper, Shallow Ariana Grande, Thank U, Next Halsey, Without Me Lil’ Nas X, Old Time Road Marshmallow & Bastille, Happier Best New Artist Ava Max Billie Ellish Blueface City Girls Lil’ Nas X Lizzo Best Collaboration Cardi B & Bruno Mars, Please Me BTS & Halsey, Boys With Luv Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper, Shallow Post Malone & Swae Lee, Sunflower Marshmallow & Bastille, Happier Sam Smith & Normani, Dancing with a Stranger Best Pop Billie Ellish, when the party’s over Ariana Grande, Thank U, Next Halsey, Without Me Jonas Brothers, Sucker Khalid, Better P!NK, Walk Me Home Best Hip-Hop Cardi B, Money DJ Khaled f/ Justin Bieber, Chance the Rapper, & Quavo, No Brainer Drake, In My Feelings J. Cole, Middle Child Nipsey Hussle feat. Stacy Barthe, Victory Lap Travis Scott, Sicko Mode Best Latin Bad Bunny & Drake, Mia J Balvin, Reggaeton DJ Snake f/ Cardi B, Ozuna, & Selena Gomez, Taki Taki Maluma, HP Ozuna, Baila Baila Baila Daddy Yankee, Con Calma

Your list is pretty accurate, except 7 Rings should not get a Video of the Year nomination, but instead a Best Pop. Thank U, Next MV was more hyped and more acclaimed, so I see it getting the VOTY nomination more over 7 Rings.

ReplyCopy URL
    circa 1993
    Participant
    Topics:

“7 Rings” broke the VEVO record, spent more weeks at #1, and is the more recent video. However, I agree that TUN is the better song/visual of the two.

She will win VOTY for either.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.