Home Forums Music Make your predictions for MTV Video Music Awards 2019

Make your predictions for MTV Video Music Awards 2019

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 12 posts - 796 through 807 (of 807 total)
Created
9 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
( +10 hidden )
replies
views
users
João Pedro..
Boz
James Gibson
  • Lil Tony
    Participant
    Topics:

2018: Havana 2019: YNCD The worst ‘Video of the Year’ winners

the only undeserving one is Havana. You need to calm down deserved it and I’m not even a fan of Swift

FYC
    Best Actor :.
    Taron Egerton = Rocketman
    Joaquin Phoenix = Joker
    Eddie Murphy = Dolemite is my Name

Best actress :
    Charlize Theron = Bombshell
    Alfre Woodard = Clemency

Supporting Actor
    Brad Pitt = Once upon a time in Hollywood

Supporting Actress =
    Margot Robbie = Any of her two performances.
    Dame Maggie Smith = Downton Abbey
    Octavia Spencer = Luce

ReplyCopy URL
    Andresg770
    Participant
    Topics:

Wait so since Billie edited Bad Guy herself does she get the award?? loll

As far as I know, artists still get VMAs for tech awards (or at least they’ve gotten them in the past). That said, Billie is now the second artist in VMA history to have won this award for editing her own video.

ReplyCopy URL
    smurty11
    Participant
    Topics:

Miley sounded great.
    That damn Mike Will Made It beat ruined a really good song. Remix it for radio, don’t make that the official version.

ReplyCopy URL
    Chfrik
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, how the hell did Ariana Grande win Song of the Summer. “Boyfriend” is a whole flop. MTV tried that!

How is boyfriend a flop when it debuted at the top 10?

wake up

ReplyCopy URL
    Andresg770
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m still somewhat in disbelief that Taylor having to leave early made the VMA producers move the biggest award of the night to the middle of the show (it’s the only explanation I can think of that makes sense).

And then that forced them to end the show with an anti-climactic win by an absent Billie Eilish. Nothing against her, but I can’t imagine they liked the last award of the night going to a video screen. They should’ve just given out SOTY at the end, since Lil Nas X was there.

I’m also puzzled by that video package of “previously announced winners” leaving out multiple categories but including winners who had been announced on the pre-show… But hey, questionable production decisions aside, I give them kudos on keeping the show going at a good pace! Running long by only 15 minutes isn’t that bad.

ReplyCopy URL
    Pauly Antonio
    Participant
    Topics:

im just mad they didn’t pan the camera at Camila while Normani performed…

y'all ugly and smelly

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Ratings hit an all-time low for the 3rd consecutive year. Across all 12 channels, 4.9M tuned in for the show last night (down 6% from 2018s 5.2M).

RIP MTV.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/vmas-hit-all-time-ratings-low-3rd-straight-year-1234937

ReplyCopy URL
    emba_91
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, how the hell did Ariana Grande win Song of the Summer. “Boyfriend” is a whole flop. MTV tried that!

Fan voted award on instagram – Ariana fans were pissed that song isn’t doing better on the charts (not that it is doing badly)

ReplyCopy URL
    emba_91
    Participant
    Topics:

im just mad they didn’t pan the camera at Camila while Normani performed…

You could see in the audience cam that her and Shawn hadn’t yet returned to their seats after their performance – she did instagram her congratulations and admire that back flip thing Mani did

ReplyCopy URL
    emba_91
    Participant
    Topics:

Reactions during and right after VMAs:

• VMAs were trending worldwide
    • Camila Cabello was the top trending artist worldwide on twitter with over 500k, Normani second with over 400k, Shawn Mendes third with over 200k and Missy Elliot fourth with over 140k
    • Lover, Senorita and Motivation all received bumps in sales on iTunes and in views on Youtube
    • The Missy Tribute, Jonas Brothers performance, Slide Away Motivation and Senorita all have over a million views on youtube in less than 24 hours.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Ratings hit an all-time low for the 3rd consecutive year. Across all 12 channels, 4.9M tuned in for the show last night (down 6% from 2018s 5.2M).

RIP MTV.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/vmas-hit-all-time-ratings-low-3rd-straight-year-1234937

Ratings for award shows are down across the board. Most people are ditching cable because it’s expensive. Don’t be surprised if most ceremonies begin airing live on streaming services.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

ReplyCopy URL
    Why U So Obsessed?
    Participant
    Topics:

Honey, great performance by Lizzo.

Lizzo has all of the ingredients to become a future music legend. She’s easily the most entertaining performer of this new era of artists.

“The best way to make someone feel small, is to not say anything to them at all” —>clicks ignore button

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 12 posts - 796 through 807 (of 807 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.