Home Forums Music Make your predictions for the 2018 MTV Video Music Awards

Make your predictions for the 2018 MTV Video Music Awards

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 371 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
Os Rodrigues
Andresg770
Shivam Nainwal
  • Andresg770
    Participant
    Topics:

Madonna’s speech before presenting VOTY was (supposedly) a tribute to Aretha Franklin. She has an amazing way of turning these things all about herself (like she did for her MJ tribute speech in 2009)…

Video of the Year WINNER: Camila Cabello feat. Young Thug, “Havana”

Say what you will about the production today, but this is the first VMAs since like 2008 where we know all the winners by the end of the ceremony lol

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  Andresg770.
    ReplyCopy URL
    BenitoDelicias
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok MTV. No wonder they kept showing Camila Cabello as the only person interested in Madonna’s extremely long story.

Of course she wins Video of the Year. Did any of the other nominees show up? Cardi is not the lead artist in her video so, whatever, give it to the girl who is there. That Tiffany Haddish joke is even better now that she won this award.

Say NO to fan voted awards.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os Rdgs
    Participant
    Topics:

Lmao at Camila winningg VOTY.

I’ll laugh if she wins the Grammy.

ReplyCopy URL
    daniellbp
    Participant
    Topics:

What a joke. As if a shit show wasn’t enough, Camila Cabello gets Video of the Year? I could totally see Ariana winning, she had a busy year and all, but Camila?! Gambino was robbed. And we didn’t even see that coming.

ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

LMFAOOOOO this show was sooo full of bullshit. If you showed up, you win. Aint no way in hell Dinero wins Best Collaboration if Beyoncé and Bruno were there. No way Nicki wins Hip Hop if Drake was there. And now Camila winning Artist of the Year and VOTY? Poor girl, she’s about to be dragged to the pits of hell.

ReplyCopy URL
    daniellbp
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok MTV. No wonder they kept showing Camila Cabello as the only person interested in Madonna’s extremely long story. Of course she wins Video of the Year. Did any of the other nominees show up? Cardi is not the lead artist in her video so, whatever, give it to the girl who is there. That Tiffany Haddish joke is even better now that she won this award. Say NO to fan voted awards.

Ariana was there. She’d be a choice waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Camila.

ReplyCopy URL
    daniellbp
    Participant
    Topics:

LMFAOOOOO this show was sooo full of bullshit. If you showed up, you win. Aint no way in hell Dinero wins Best Collaboration if Beyoncé and Bruno were there. No way Nicki wins Hip Hop if Drake was there. And now Camila winning Artist of the Year and VOTY? Poor girl, she’s about to be dragged to the pits of hell.

Everything was really a joke. But I guess Nicki would win despite of Drake. She has a huge fanbase.

ReplyCopy URL
    Anonymous
    Topics:

the tears song had one week in the top 5; it didn’t have the widespread smash appeal of the classic havana

ReplyCopy URL
    JGibson
    Participant
    Topics:

Madonna, alongside Viola Davis and Julia Roberts has this incredible feature of speaking about themselves when speaking about other people. It’s a great story but you should have focused on the late lady herself.

And Camila…. It shows Ariana was awarded the Pop Video as a consolation prize. What was the least inspired winner? Britney’s Piece of Me? At least MTV tried to give the award to the ‘respected’ or the ‘impactful’ in the last years.

Anyway, ever since 2014, I get the feeling MTV hit the rock bottom and every year since they manage to get even lower. No wonder artists don’t even go there anymore and you have the most predictable winners thanks to the attendees list. Alongside inumerous technical issues.

However, it’s a terrible year for mainstream music, so that what it gets.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os Rdgs
    Participant
    Topics:

the tears song had one week in the top 5; it didn’t have the widespread smash appeal of the classic havana

Havana is not a classic.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os Rdgs
    Participant
    Topics:

I do gotta say: if Gambino had bothered to show up he could’ve won. Camila was a horrible winner but he kinda went for it.

ReplyCopy URL
    Sean Phillips
    Participant
    Topics:

Why is this still a thing anyone cares about?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  Sean Phillips.
    ReplyCopy URL
    Bee
    Participant
    Topics:

I do gotta say: if Gambino had bothered to show up he could’ve won. Camila was a horrible winner but he kinda went for it.

She had the WORST video in the category. This whole ceremony was ghetto.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os Rdgs
    Participant
    Topics:

She had the WORST video in the category. This whole ceremony was ghetto.

I couldn’t make it after Camila won. This shit’s too boring.
    Go stream Delicate on Spotify.

ReplyCopy URL
    Os Rdgs
    Participant
    Topics:

Ok MTV. No wonder they kept showing Camila Cabello as the only person interested in Madonna’s extremely long story. Of course she wins Video of the Year. Did any of the other nominees show up? Cardi is not the lead artist in her video so, whatever, give it to the girl who is there. That Tiffany Haddish joke is even better now that she won this award. Say NO to fan voted awards.

Ariana was there. She’d be a choice waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Camila.

Actually, Ariana left early for a private concert session. So Camila was the only one in the building lmfao.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 316 through 330 (of 371 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.