Home Forums Music Make your predictions for the 2018 MTV Video Music Awards

Make your predictions for the 2018 MTV Video Music Awards

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 182 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
18 hours ago
( +5 hidden )
replies
views
users
Oscar Rodrigues
Shivam Nainwal
D.C.
  • Andrew Stan
    Participant
    Topics:

Voty does use the public vote no? While I would love to see This is America get Voty, I see LWYMMD or God’s Plan taking it.

No, VoTY and technical categories is selected by MTV team. Other categories will be opened to be voted by public. I think MTV won’t include Fake Love since BTS stan will flood the vote (and most likely winning). Imagine Fake Love winning Best Pop Video ???????? (Down by 5H is already embarrasing enough)

My guess for Best Pop Video:

Look What You Made Me Do – Taylor Swift

Rainbow – Kesha

No Tears Left To Cry – Ariana Grande

Back To You – Selena Gomez

Beautiful Trauma – P!nk / Tell Me You Love Me – Demi Lovato / How Long – Charlie Puth / DDU-DU-DDU-DU – Blackpink

ReplyCopy URL
    CSM
    Participant
    Topics:

I did some sleuthing on the internet and the majority of the artists being consistently mentioned for either award predictions and potential performers are all free and have no “publicly known” prior engagements or conflicts.

There are a few artists who have concerts already scheduled for August 20th and seeing as the VMAs are now only 6 weeks away I doubt they will reschedule dates:

Drake & Migos – show in Chicago that same night. I have Drake being the most nominated artist in my predictions so that will prove interesting with him not in attendance.
    Justin Timberlake – concert in Germany
    PINK – same in Australia
    30 Seconds to Mars – performing in Sweden

Taylor Swift will be the Vanguard Winner. It will no doubt bring tons of media attention and publicity to the show. She’ll do a medley of Reputation songs which will be her first awards show performance since The Grammys in 2016.

I predict Beyonce & Jay-Z will open the show in an unannounced performance of songs from their new album. (previous users have posted they aren’t attending because of a show that night in Columbia. They do have a show the following night in Columbia…South Carolina. Not a far trek from NYC…

My other performer predictions:
    Ariana Grande – new album comes out the prior Friday
    Nicki Minaj – new music to promote
    Maroon 5 & Cardi B – very popular song
    Cardi B with Bad Bunny & J Balvin – current #1 song on Billboard & could have momentum to be song of the summer. Including them would be seen as making amends for totally snubbing Despacito last year.
    Post Malone
    Dua Lipa
    Janelle Monae
    BTS (as much as I despise that modern award shows are literally planning their whole evening around their lackluster 3 minutes of lipsyncing, their power on social media is undeniable. It would be dumb not to include them in some capacity, and i’d rather they perform instead of win an award they do not deserve – and yes I know i am opening myself to the wrath of their fans by posting my opinions lol)
    Panic! at the Disco
    Shawn Mendes

I would love to see Christina Aguilera get a performance slot this year but I think her fanbase has outgrown MTV in it’s present state.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andrew Stan
    Participant
    Topics:

Yes, for many years those who win some televised award are the one who actually show up to the ceremony (counting out 1-2 winners that cannot attend but win it anyway, arguably big artist only). Doing concert date research is actually pretty smart

ReplyCopy URL
    Shivam Nainwal
    Participant
    Topics:

I did some sleuthing on the internet and the majority of the artists being consistently mentioned for either award predictions and potential performers are all free and have no “publicly known” prior engagements or conflicts. There are a few artists who have concerts already scheduled for August 20th and seeing as the VMAs are now only 6 weeks away I doubt they will reschedule dates: Drake & Migos – show in Chicago that same night. I have Drake being the most nominated artist in my predictions so that will prove interesting with him not in attendance. Justin Timberlake – concert in Germany PINK – same in Australia 30 Seconds to Mars – performing in Sweden Taylor Swift will be the Vanguard Winner. It will no doubt bring tons of media attention and publicity to the show. She’ll do a medley of Reputation songs which will be her first awards show performance since The Grammys in 2016. I predict Beyonce & Jay-Z will open the show in an unannounced performance of songs from their new album. (previous users have posted they aren’t attending because of a show that night in Columbia. They do have a show the following night in Columbia…South Carolina. Not a far trek from NYC… My other performer predictions: Ariana Grande – new album comes out the prior Friday Nicki Minaj – new music to promote Maroon 5 & Cardi B – very popular song Cardi B with Bad Bunny & J Balvin – current #1 song on Billboard & could have momentum to be song of the summer. Including them would be seen as making amends for totally snubbing Despacito last year. Post Malone Dua Lipa Janelle Monae BTS (as much as I despise that modern award shows are literally planning their whole evening around their lackluster 3 minutes of lipsyncing, their power on social media is undeniable. It would be dumb not to include them in some capacity, and i’d rather they perform instead of win an award they do not deserve – and yes I know i am opening myself to the wrath of their fans by posting my opinions lol) Panic! at the Disco Shawn Mendes I would love to see Christina Aguilera get a performance slot this year but I think her fanbase has outgrown MTV in it’s present state.

I doubt if Cardi B would perform with her baby on its way and possibly being born during that time. I don’t think Beyoncé and Jay-Z would perform with a concert the very next day and the possibility of them not getting any major award that night. Other predictions look pretty solid to me at this point.

ReplyCopy URL
    Andresg770
    Participant
    Topics:

Voty does use the public vote no? While I would love to see This is America get Voty, I see LWYMMD or God’s Plan taking it.

No, VoTY and technical categories is selected by MTV team. Other categories will be opened to be voted by public. I think MTV won’t include Fake Love since BTS stan will flood the vote (and most likely winning). Imagine Fake Love winning Best Pop Video ???????? (Down by 5H is already embarrasing enough)

VOTY is definitely fan-voted at the VMAs. It’s at the EMAs that the Best Video category is decided by MTV. (Or at least that’s how it was back when I watched the EMAs regularly.)

ReplyCopy URL
    CSM
    Participant
    Topics:

I did some sleuthing on the internet and the majority of the artists being consistently mentioned for either award predictions and potential performers are all free and have no “publicly known” prior engagements or conflicts. There are a few artists who have concerts already scheduled for August 20th and seeing as the VMAs are now only 6 weeks away I doubt they will reschedule dates: Drake & Migos – show in Chicago that same night. I have Drake being the most nominated artist in my predictions so that will prove interesting with him not in attendance. Justin Timberlake – concert in Germany PINK – same in Australia 30 Seconds to Mars – performing in Sweden Taylor Swift will be the Vanguard Winner. It will no doubt bring tons of media attention and publicity to the show. She’ll do a medley of Reputation songs which will be her first awards show performance since The Grammys in 2016. I predict Beyonce & Jay-Z will open the show in an unannounced performance of songs from their new album. (previous users have posted they aren’t attending because of a show that night in Columbia. They do have a show the following night in Columbia…South Carolina. Not a far trek from NYC… My other performer predictions: Ariana Grande – new album comes out the prior Friday Nicki Minaj – new music to promote Maroon 5 & Cardi B – very popular song Cardi B with Bad Bunny & J Balvin – current #1 song on Billboard & could have momentum to be song of the summer. Including them would be seen as making amends for totally snubbing Despacito last year. Post Malone Dua Lipa Janelle Monae BTS (as much as I despise that modern award shows are literally planning their whole evening around their lackluster 3 minutes of lipsyncing, their power on social media is undeniable. It would be dumb not to include them in some capacity, and i’d rather they perform instead of win an award they do not deserve – and yes I know i am opening myself to the wrath of their fans by posting my opinions lol) Panic! at the Disco Shawn Mendes I would love to see Christina Aguilera get a performance slot this year but I think her fanbase has outgrown MTV in it’s present state.

I doubt if Cardi B would perform with her baby on its way and possibly being born during that time. I don’t think Beyoncé and Jay-Z would perform with a concert the very next day and the possibility of them not getting any major award that night. Other predictions look pretty solid to me at this point.

Cardi’s baby is due any day now, she’ll be there I have no doubt.

ReplyCopy URL
    CSM
    Participant
    Topics:

Video of the Year:
    Ariana Grande – No Tears Left to Cry
    Childish Gambino – This is America
    Drake – God’s Plan
    Janelle Monae – Make Me Feel
    Logic feat. Khalid & Alessia Cara – 1-800…
    Taylor Swift – Look What You Made Me Do

Artist of the Year:
    Cardi B
    Drake
    Ed Sheeran
    Kendrick Lamar
    Post Malone
    Taylor Swift

New Artist:
    21 Savage
    Bazzi
    Brockhampton
    Cardi B
    Dua Lipa
    Lil Pump

Pop Video:
    Ariana Grande – No Tears Left To Cry
    Camilla Cabello feat. Young Thug – Havana
    Dua Lipa – New Rules
    Shawn Mendes – In My Blood
    Taylor Swift – Delicate
    Troye Sivan – My! My! My!

Hip-Hop:
    Cardi B – Bodak Yellow
    The Carters – APESHIT
    Childish Gambino – This is America
    Drake – God’s Plan
    Kendrick Lamar feat. Rihanna – Loyalty
    Post Malone feat. 21 Savage – Rockstar

Collaboration:
    Bruno Mars feat. Cardi B – Finesse
    Camilla Cabello feat. Young Thug – Havana
    Kendrick Lamar feat. SZA – All The Stars
    Logic feat. Khalid & Alessia Cara – 1-800…
    Maroon 5 feat. Cardi B – Girls Like You
    Taylor Swift feat. Ed Sheeran & Future – End Game

Can’t come up with nominees for the rest lol

Final Performance Predictions:
    Cardi B (who had her baby this morning, congrats!!) feat. Bad Bunny & J Balvin
    Ariana Grande
    Nicki Minaj
    Childish Gambino
    Post Malone
    Maroon 5 feat. Cardi B
    Twenty One Pilots (just released two new songs this morning)
    Taylor Swift – VANGUARD MEDLEY – I predict she does a 15-20 minute medley like JT and Bey did.

On the subject of the Vanguard Award, if Taylor Swift is the recipient I would be willing to bet $$ that Katy Perry presents it to her. MTV desperately could use a watercolor moment like this to bring eyeballs back to the show. Imagine the media chaos that will ensue if they publicly bury the hatchet on live TV. Katy did send Taylor olive branches as an opening night gift for her tour… Anything is possible at the VMAs!

ReplyCopy URL
    Kadeem Lee
    Participant
    Topics:

VIDEO OF THE YEAR:

Apeshit – The Carters
    This Is America – Childish Gambino
    Finesse – Bruno Mars & Cardi B
    no tears left to Cry – Ariana Grande

Best Female Video:
    Ariana Grande – no tears left to cry
    Camila Cabello – Havana
    Cardi B – Be Careful
    Janelle Monaé – PYNK

Best Male Video:

Bruno Mars – Finesse
    Drake – Gods Plan
    Childish Gambino – This Is America
    Shawn Mendes – In My Blood
    Sam Smith – Too Good At Goodbyes

Best Pop Video:

Camila – Havana
    Ariana Grande – no tears left to cry
    Justin Timberlake – Filthy
    P!NK – What About Us

ReplyCopy URL
    neverkneel
    Participant
    Topics:

When will the nominations be announced?

ReplyCopy URL
    João Pedro Costa Calaça
    Participant
    Topics:

Good question , but last year the VMAS were on 27th August and the nominees were announced on 25th July. If the VMAS this year are on 20th August , expect MTV to announce the nominees on 18th July

ReplyCopy URL
    CSM
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m sure that it’s not eligible for this year’s ceremony since it just came out yesterday, but Ariana Grande’s new video for God is a Woman” would be a shoo-in for a Video of the Year nomination if it were. Same goes for Art Direction, Visual Effects, Cinematography, and probably Direction for Dave Meyers. It’s easily her best video to date.

Did anyone else absolutely love it like me?? I was living for Madonna’s voiceover cameo!

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodrigues
    Participant
    Topics:

I’m sure that it’s not eligible for this year’s ceremony since it just came out yesterday, but Ariana Grande’s new video for God is a Woman” would be a shoo-in for a Video of the Year nomination if it were. Same goes for Art Direction, Visual Effects, Cinematography, and probably Direction for Dave Meyers. It’s easily her best video to date.

Did anyone else absolutely love it like me?? I was living for Madonna’s voiceover cameo!

One of the best videos of the year, in my opinion. Still, No Tears was big enough and the video was also well liked. I expect Ariana to get 5 noms this year (Pop Video, Visual Effects, Video of The Year, Choreography, ans Art Direction). I hope God Is A Woman can sneak into The Grammy’s for Best Music Video.

ReplyCopy URL
    Oscar Rodrigues
    Participant
    Topics:

Direction* not Art Direction.

ReplyCopy URL
    abelfenty
    Participant
    Topics:

Video of the Year predictions

This is America – Childish Gambino

Gods Plan – Drake

Finesse (remix) – Bruno Mars (feat. Cardi B)

All The Stars – Kendrick Lamar & SZA

ReplyCopy URL
    Shivam Nainwal
    Participant
    Topics:

On the subject of the Vanguard Award, if Taylor Swift is the recipient I would be willing to bet $$ that Katy Perry presents it to her. MTV desperately could use a watercolor moment like this to bring eyeballs back to the show. Imagine the media chaos that will ensue if they publicly bury the hatchet on live TV. Katy did send Taylor olive branches as an opening night gift for her tour… Anything is possible at the VMAs!

110% agree with this. They’d do it just like Taylor presented Kanye the award in 2015 lmao. The more I think about it, the more are the chances of this happening. The VMAs are desperately looking for better ratings. Taylor Swift is the only artist right now who actually can help them achieve it and for the event to create more buzz, they’ll definitely bring Katy. Plus, Taylor not having performed in such a long time at any awards show is definitely going to work in her/VMAs favour. VMAs are anyway more of a buzzfest rather than your normal awards show, so, they are def going to do something similar to this if not this.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 182 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.